Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Team Talk Thread - Beirne After Reading

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Kirk Van Houten

Think you are more likely to see this as a preseason game and use it for players who they will want to use in the Pro14 games coming up. Casey, Wycherley, Coombes, Healy Flannery, Knox, etc may well feature in the two games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

Wouldn't surprise me to see a few more senior players who didn't get many minutes since restart

The likes of Gavin Coombes and Jack O'Sullivan

Nick McCarthy needs game time

Matt Gallagher, Cian Nash and Darren Sweetnam all need game time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,134 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Yeah, Munster have said it will be a mix of senior players plus academy. No way they'll go full out academy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 RedRaider0

Caranica wrote: »
    Yeah, Munster have said it will be a mix of senior players plus academy. No way they'll go full out academy.

8 senior players in that A side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Is this on TV anywhere?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Is this on TV anywhere?
    No. A games rarely if ever are. Might get a stream but even then best chance of seeing it maybe highlights put up after

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭shootermacg

No. A games rarely if ever are. Might get a stream but even then best chance of seeing it maybe highlights put up after

Shame, I'd really like to see some of the young lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Tomtom364

I don't think the side will be sort the squad by experience, start from the bottom and fill.

Will have a fair few more senior players involved.

1. O'Connor
    2. Marshall
    3. Knox
    4. Wycherly
    5. Ahern
    6. Coombes
    7. Hodnett
    8. O'Sullivan
    9. Casey
    10. Healy
    11. Coombes
    12. Goggin
    13. McHenry
    14. Sweetnam
    15. Gallagher

16. Barron
    17. Wycherly
    18. Solonoa
    19. Daly
    20. Kendellan
    21. McCarthy
    22. Flannery
    23. French

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭rayd3

Senior players in the video of the training group Munster posted look like Knox, Salanoa, Gallagher, McCarthy, Cronin, McHenry, Barron, L. Coombes. May be incomplete list.

Expect some more of those guys in the G. Coombes, Fineen, Casey tier next week I’d assume. Maybe Sweets and the likes then as well to get some minutes in the legs.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

Munster offering supporters a chance to buy a cardboard cut out of themselves to be put in place in Thomond until crowds can return, for 20 quid a pop or 50 for 3.

It's different, I'll give them that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,711 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

aloooof wrote: »
    Munster offering supporters a chance to buy a cardboard cut out of themselves to be put in place in Thomond until crowds can return, for 20 quid a pop or 50 for 3.

Formula 1 did the same but donated all the money to charity

• Registered Users Posts: 11,806 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Where did ya see that?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

Eod100 wrote: »
    Where did ya see that?

Email from the supporters club being offered, what they are calling, a pre-sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,338 ✭✭✭✭phog

Not sure what to make of it, I prefer to be at the other end of a camera anyway but it's a novel way to increase revenue at a time when the clubs are getting zero from ticket sales.

Tomtom364 wrote: »
    I don't think the side will be sort the squad by experience, start from the bottom and fill.

Will have a fair few more senior players involved.

1. O'Connor
    2. Marshall
    3. Knox
    4. Wycherly
    5. Ahern
    6. Coombes
    7. Hodnett
    8. O'Sullivan
    9. Casey
    10. Healy
    11. Coombes
    12. Goggin
    13. McHenry
    14. Sweetnam
    15. Gallagher

16. Barron
    17. Wycherly
    18. Solonoa
    19. Daly
    20. Kendellan
    21. McCarthy
    22. Flannery
    23. French

Goggin was still rehabbing in the last squad update, so I don't know if he is available

• Registered Users Posts: 11,806 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Email from the supporters club being offered, what they are calling, a pre-sale.

Interesting. Didn't get any MRSC email myself

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Loads of football clubs in England did it when the PL and Championship returned in June.

And as I think of it quite a few German clubs did it too.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Eod100 wrote: »
    Interesting. Didn't get any MRSC email myself

Its in this week's Red Letter. If you're a member and you're not getting it pop them off an email.

A Team to play Connacht A

https://www.munsterrugby.ie/2020/09/18/team-named-munster-a-side-to-face-connacht-a-3/

Matt Gallagher
    Seán French
    Alex McHenry
    Jack Crowley
    Liam Coombes
    Ben Healy
    Neil Cronin

Josh Wycherley
    Diarmuid Barron (C)
    Keynan Knox
    Paddy Kelly
    Thomas Ahern
    Jack Daly
    John Hodnett
    Alex Kendellen

Replacements from: Eoghan Clarke, Scott Buckley, Jeremy Loughman, Roman Salanoa, Gavin Coombes, Jack O’Sullivan, Nick McCarthy, Jake Flannery, Darren Sweetnam, Calvin Nash, Jonathan Wren.

It wont be streamed, but next weeks game in TP will be

Its very much an "A team", with plenty of senior guys on the bench

Is Crowley a 12?

Such a pity there's no stream. I see Conor Oliver is Connacht A captain and Sammy starts too.

Crowley played 10 for the under 20s so surprised to see him starting in the centre. Maybe he's a Rory Scannell type?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Caranica wrote: »
    Such a pity there's no stream. I see Conor Oliver is Connacht A captain and Sammy starts too.

Crowley played 10 for the under 20s so surprised to see him starting in the centre. Maybe he's a Rory Scannell type?
    He was a 9 underage and only moved to 10 around when he started playing u18 for Bandon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Tomtom364

10. Healy
    12. Crowley

That is set up for a team that wants to throw the ball around anyways.

Hopefully won't be hamstrung by Cronin at 9. He has been very pedestrian in his "recent" performances. But fresh slate post lockdown, willing to let the guy try to prove himself in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭rayd3

Crowley and McHenry familiar with executing the Cork Con strike move known as “Give the ball to Sean French”. Cohesion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭theVersatile

Crowleys played 15 for the Munster 19s alright - interesting to see him at 12.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Connacht named quite a strong side so it should be an interesting matchup. Pity it's not streamed. By my count 14 of the players named are in a contract year so the push for a new deal starts tomorrow.

Is Crowley at 12 just a case of getting two of the academy 10s on the pitch? Jake Flannery is a replacement also.

Crowley at 12 could well be us looking at having him able to play in a second distributior roll. Seems to be becoming almost mandatory currently

Do Munster have any other centres in the Academy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 RedRaider0

yerrahbah wrote: »
    Do Munster have any other centres in the Academy?

Nope.

• Advertisement

Sure it's not as if there's any other rugby on this afternoon :D A game it is!

Advertisement