Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Team Talk Thread - Beirne After Reading

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

That means 2 weeks of build-up to the match right?

Let the fox see the hare!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,809 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

The original tweet was that the Leinster game would be this weekend, so I was positing that for the weekend of the 23rd. Obviously his original info was wrong.

Ah yeah, hadn't seen the other tweet myself either when I asked. Your idea would have made sense alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,339 ✭✭✭✭phog

Glasgow & Edinburgh are playing this weekend so there's no great reason why Munster & Leinster couldn't play this weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Would have preferred it this week, with another round next week, moved forward from March.

The French have a rake of games lined up this week (almost as if they had them organised before the announcment....)

Was looking forward to watching 7 or 8 games this weekend, will have to talk to the wife now

phog wrote: »
    Glasgow & Edinburgh are playing this weekend so there's no great reason why Munster & Leinster couldn't play this weekend.

Guess they're keeping them as breaks expect for the rescheduled matches. Not too sure reason why they didn't. Know there's already rescheduled games weekends of 30th, 5th and 12th/13th.

Maybe they're confident enough they won't need to change too many games around from 12 to 16 and final. Not sure if any of below changes with Champions Cup matches moved. Seem to be acknowledging that they might not be able to reschedule all games either.

They had this in a Q and A a few weeks back:

''After Round 16 there are five available weekends in which rescheduled games can take place. This includes the weekend of the Guinness PRO14 Final on March 27, in addition, all four weekends designated for EPCR knock-out games; April 3-10, May 1 and May 22 can also be used if there is no clash with European fixtures. However, depending on team availability it may not be possible to reschedule all fixtures.''

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,741 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

That means 2 weeks of build-up to the match right?

munster will never take the lead in the game....

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

phog wrote: »

I would think that Irish selection comes into it. If there are guys like Conway, Lowe, Ringrose, Kilcoyne, Furlong etc. that are potentially in the Irish 23, need game time but this weekend might be too soon, that would be a pretty sensible reason to give it another week.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Latest Injury Update.

Killer and JOD picked up minor knocks in training last week, but will return to training later this week.
    Kleyn and Haley are following RTP protocols.
    Knox had a scan on a knee injury and is starting rehab.
    https://www.munsterrugby.ie/2021/01/12/squad-update-186/#post

Buer wrote: »
    I would think that Irish selection comes into it. If there are guys like Conway, Lowe, Ringrose, Kilcoyne, Furlong etc. that are potentially in the Irish 23, need game time but this weekend might be too soon, that would be a pretty sensible reason to give it another week.

We could have had two rounds of Inter-Pros over the the two weekends, now it's just one round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

Pro 14 website announcement -
    Glasgow vs Edinburgh (postponed due to frozen pitch) rescheduled for this Saturday 16th Jan. at 5.15pm
    Munster vs Leinster (postponed due to Covid cases) rescheduled for Sat. 23rd Jan. at 7.35pm

https://www.pro14.rugby/latest/news/...ures-confirmed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,134 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Latest Injury Update.

Killer and JOD picked up minor knocks in training last week, but will return to training later this week.
    Kleyn and Haley are following RTP protocols.
    Knox had a scan on a knee injury and is starting rehab.
    https://www.munsterrugby.ie/2021/01/12/squad-update-186/#post

Gutted for Knox, hope it's not a serious injury. Knees are complex things!! No mention of Conway and I didn't spot him in the latest training gallery, though not many backs pics.

Caranica wrote: »
    Gutted for Knox, hope it's not a serious injury. Knees are complex things!! No mention of Conway and I didn't spot him in the latest training gallery, though not many backs pics.

It's all quiet on Conway's front...pulled over Xmas from a starting lineup due to personal circumstances... sightings of a non contact training bib... hopefully it's not a concussion injury, fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Kirk Van Houten

Conway and Hodnett both missing from the updates.

My tuppence worth on Conway

If Munster rugby/Conway wanted us to know what the issue is with him they would have released an update. Can people please respect his privacy and stop second guessing what might or might not be wrong with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

Conway and Hodnett both missing from the updates.

Hodnett hasn’t been mentioned on the updates since he was injured, it may be because he’s in the academy.
    I’d love to see a Coombes/Hodnett/Stander backrow when he’s back, wouldn’t be short of carrying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Knox's injury hopefully isn't too bad, given it's rehab and not surgery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭theVersatile

Duncan Weir to Glasgow confirmed (incase there was any doubt about whether BH was staying or leaving)

Murray Kinsella reporting Munster have made an offer to BH,

Can't seem to see any of his tweets for some reason and don't see any article up on the42. Have a link by any chance?

Eod100 wrote: »
    Can't seem to see any of his tweets for some reason and don't see any article up on the42. Have a link by any chance?

It's in this article

https://www.the42.ie/glasgow-weir-munster-healy-5323815-Jan2021/?amp=1

• Advertisement

Thanks for that. Missed it on the site

He appears to have been hacked.

Caranica wrote: »
    He appears to have been hacked.

Noticed it's locked so something odd going on alright it looks like!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Munster will have 'made an offer' to most of the out of contract players. Healy was never going anywhere and would have been signed up months ago without Covid.

Munster will have 'made an offer' to most of the out of contract players. Healy was never going anywhere and would have been signed up months ago without Covid.

Saw something on Twitter at the weekend that contracts went out the previous week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/rugby/arid-40206704.html

Maybe someone for Munster to keep an eye on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭sioda

Why did I expect this to be Ben Betts 😂

Interesting that he would in theory be eligible for French team in 6 month too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Lost Ormond

Interesting that he would in theory be eligible for French team in 6 month too.
    More important for him is he is JIFF qualified at end of this season with how french sides need min number of JIFF players in their squad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

Nice interview with Joey,

Doesn't give a timeline for his recovery

Advertisement