Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Team Talk Thread - Beirne After Reading

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Any time-frame for the return of Snyman? Really think he'll add to our pack like DDA has done in the backs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Lost Ormond

leakyboots wrote: »
    Any time-frame for the return of Snyman? Really think he'll add to our pack like DDA has done in the backs

Thought it was going to be March at earliest and hasnt been much more than that in any recent updates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭sioda

A player to play in sync with DDA is what we reall need. Farrell is an excellent player but similar style. Would love a player of Ringroses style outside him but not sure we have that at the moment.

DDA has been a huge changing force in Munsters attack.
    From our current stock of backs I think Goggin could be that player but has never had a good run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭bayern

sioda wrote: »
    A player to play in sync with DDA is what we reall need. Farrell is an excellent player but similar style. Would love a player of Ringroses style outside him but not sure we have that at the moment.

DDA has been a huge changing force in Munsters attack.
    From our current stock of backs I think Goggin could be that player but has never had a good run.

Yeah it's safe to say Munster don't have a Ringrose in their squad.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

leakyboots wrote: »
    Any time-frame for the return of Snyman?
    He was recently back in SA over the Christmas/New Year and was helping to move Rhinos to a new nature preserve! I don't know if than means he's nearly ready for a comeback, but I can't be a bad sign.

Returned to Ireland last week, so currently in self isolation I assume.

• Advertisement

He was recently back in SA over the Christmas/New Year and was helping to move Rhinos to a new nature preserve! I don't know if than means he's nearly ready for a comeback, but I can't be a bad sign.

Returned to Ireland last week, so currently in self isolation I assume.
    Why do I see him just carrying one over each shoulder 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭schmoo2k

In my mind they have had Joey C. on his back and been dropping medicine balls on him for the last year ala rocky (with the foot protected obviously)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭schmoo2k

(I was going to say it wouldn't hurt - but Joey might disagree)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

I've seen Nakarawa is joining Ulster next season.... Interesting seeing the starts of the pay negotiations between Irish players & the IRFU ....
    Can't see Munster signing anyone from outside the Irish pool of players next season tbh

• I've seen Nakarawa is joining Ulster next season.... Interesting seeing the starts of the pay negotiations between Irish players & the IRFU ....
    Can't see Munster signing anyone from outside the Irish pool of players next season tbh

I'd imagine with Coetzee heading back to SA, that freed up a ball of cash to go and sign someone like Nakarawa.

I can't see Munster sign anyone if I'm honest, if anything I can see 4 or 5 depart.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

I'd imagine with Coetzee heading back to SA, that freed up a ball of cash to go and sign someone like Nakarawa.

I can't see Munster sign anyone if I'm honest, if anything I can see 4 or 5 depart.

But that's what I'm saying....there are up to 90 players renegotiating contracts at the moment....you can be sure Nakarawa isn't coming here for a pittance
    There's going to be a few players upset with this I would think, and not just in Ulster

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Tomtom364

well going by his latest glimpse on Instagram into his rehab I wouldn't be surprised.

Check out his latest story

https://www.instagram.com/stories/rgsnyman/2496007495862235289/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Ennis have always had quite strong underage sides. Hopefully this could be push for club to help keep these players and get a 20s side going and get the adult side of the club going again when rugby is back next season.

Nothing confirmed but imagine if he will have some form of contract either academy/1 year development if he does well over next few weeks

I think he signed for Shannon this season so he's no longer an Ennis player but he's going to be linked, I'd imagine he'll get a contract this year, I think he's a 2 year student in UL as well.

Ennis have done great things at underage and is really taking advantage of their catchment area, its just coming through to the senior team now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭bayern

Clareman wrote: »
    I think he signed for Shannon this season so he's no longer an Ennis player but he's going to be linked, I'd imagine he'll get a contract this year, I think he's a 2 year student in UL as well.

Ennis have done great things at underage and is really taking advantage of their catchment area, its just coming through to the senior team now

Conor Moloney(Backrow) in sub academy from Ennis too.

Tony Butler(Outhalf) to decide between hurling and rugby.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Butler and Coughlan were a great partnership.

Tomtom364 wrote: »
    well going by his latest glimpse on Instagram into his rehab I wouldn't be surprised.

Check out his latest story

https://www.instagram.com/stories/rgsnyman/2496007495862235289/
    Saw that earlier brilliant 🤣

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

I didn't even know he'd been cited. A rare interpro citing. That went under the radar.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

I didn't even know he'd been cited. A rare interpro citing. That went under the radar.

Can't even remember a specific incident being called out during the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Kinsella has tweeted the incident. Cleared Fardy out in a ruck with a shoulder to the head.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

https://twitter.com/Murray_Kinsella/status/1354750132806447104

Not a good look. Munster very lucky to play the second half with 15

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

Don't think there can be any complaints about that

2nd row options are Holland, Wycherley and Ahern for the Benneton game now

• Registered Users Posts: 11,809 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Welsh not happy but then again when are they?

https://twitter.com/MattSouth7/status/1354751576301326337

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭VANG1

You wonder why it was not spotted by the ref, either of the 2 assistants or the tmo. Could have taken his head off. Players must be protected. If not spotted at this level what hope is there for amateur players and girls and boys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Lost Ormond

Eod100 wrote: »

He has a slight point. All bans are in weeks and generally weeks = matches.
    Its poorly phrased and the pro14 should be consistent with how they announce bans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Well they're right in this case.

The league really doesn't help itself sometimes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

It's not 'the Welsh', it's 'a Welsh guy'.

But he's 100% correct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭irelandrover

Well they're right in this case.

The league really doesn't help itself sometimes.

I think its just how they phrased it. A 2 week ban from now doesnt end on the 15th February. So they banned him for 2 matches but announced it as 2 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

I think its just how they phrased it. A 2 week ban from now doesnt end on the 15th February. So they banned him for 2 matches but announced it as 2 weeks.

Munster play Treviso this weekend and then nothing until Feb 20th, so he would appear to be banned for only one match?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭irelandrover

Munster play Treviso this weekend and then nothing until Feb 20th, so he would appear to be banned for only one match?

True, my comment can be safely ignored.

Advertisement