Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Team Talk Thread - Beirne After Reading

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭CONSI

With JJ moving, and good luck to him, I would like to see us sign Joey onto an extended contract. I still have a fear that as soon as Johnny is gone in Leinster that Joey is back up there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭bayern

CONSI wrote: »
    With JJ moving, and good luck to him, I would like to see us sign Joey onto an extended contract. I still have a fear that as soon as Johnny is gone in Leinster that Joey is back up there

Joey is too smart to return to Leinster, he'd only end up behind Harry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

bayern wrote: »
    Joey is too smart to return to Leinster, he'd only end up behind Harry.

Nobody returns to a sinking ship my good man.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,747 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

thats not a saying ive ever heard before... you just made that up, didnt you :P

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Ah, in fairness some do.

But they then realise their mistake and sign for Clermont.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,810 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Team out.

Mike Haley; Andrew Conway, Chris Farrell, Damian de Allende, Keith Earls; Joey Carbery, Conor Murray; James Cronin, Niall Scannell, John Ryan; Jean Kleyn, Tadhg Beirne; Gavin Coombes, Peter O’Mahony (C), CJ Stander.

Replacements: Kevin O’Byrne, Dave Kilcoyne, Stephen Archer, Billy Holland, Jack O’Donoghue, Craig Casey, JJ Hanrahan, Rory Scannell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

full on..... lets kick them off the park..
    according to their fans, they are concentrating on Europe.... Hi Bayern....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭bayern

full on..... lets kick them off the park..
    according to their fans, they are concentrating on Europe.... Hi Bayern....

last time I checked leinster have sexton on the bench, granted Ross Byrne has proven he has no problem beating Munster in a big game, but you are crazy if you think Leinster don't care more about winning in Europe.

For instance have Leinster rushed James Ryan back after concussion like Munster did with Kilcoyne?

Leinster's season won't be defined by winning the pro 14, Munster's will be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭bennyl10

last time I checked leinster have sexton on the bench, granted Ross Byrne has proven he has no problem beating Munster in a big game, but you are crazy if you think Leinster don't care more about winning in Europe.

For instance have Leinster rushed James Ryan back after concussion like Munster did with Kilcoyne?

Sexton didnt play in some europe early on, so they don't care about that?

Both sides are going full strength tomorrow, and both sides have difficult European knock out games coming up..

This is both sides best chance for a trophy

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Ryan has had two concussions within a month. That will always lead to a longer layoff. Killer wouldn't be involved tomorrow if he hadn't passed the RTP protocols.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,339 ✭✭✭✭phog

Why give him oxygen?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Unless Snyman or Kleyn are leaving I don't see the IRFU agreeing to 3 SA locks in a squad that has Wycherley and Ahern in it. Add in Beirne and there is really no need for this and it will reduce game time that Irish guys could otherwise be getting. Ahern looked fantastic for the 20s and should be seeing a lot of game time next season. Adding another lock to the squad will make that very hard for him.

molloyjh wrote: »
    Unless Snyman or Kleyn are leaving I don't see the IRFU agreeing to 3 SA locks in a squad that has Wycherley and Ahern in it. Add in Beirne and there is really no need for this and it will reduce game time that Irish guys could otherwise be getting. Ahern looked fantastic for the 20s and should be seeing a lot of game time next season. Adding another lock to the squad will make that very hard for him.

Kleyn is Irish as bacon and cabbage don't forget ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Kleyn is Irish as bacon and cabbage don't forget ;)

From a long line of Limerick Kleyns. His grandfather was a county player of some note while his grandmother was housewife of the year in the inaugural 1968 contest.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭E mac

Is Jason Jenkins any good? Anyone seen him play? Another JJ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭ Gary Moldy Memory

Ahern is meant to be a massive prospect, is he ever going to get a chance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

That would be stupid! Another saffer? Why would any Munster lad stay with munster or even join the academy. Paddy Kelly and Ahern should be the priority.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I don't see why the IRFU would allow 2 NIEs in the same field position where there is already a starting Irish international.
    I think we can park the "Why don't Munster use their academy " hot takes until a paper reports this at least.

Ahern is meant to be a massive prospect, is he ever going to get a chance?

He's 21 gas made multiple appearances and recently captained the side what do you mean?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

If Munster are signing this guy, then Snyman isn't coming back. No way they'd be allowed both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

If Munster are signing this guy, then Snyman isn't coming back. No way they'd be allowed both.

That was my immediate reaction as well.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,747 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

He'd be quite a step down from snyman

There had been talk on social media of Snyman being released from his contract at the seasons end...maybe there's truth to it...must be hard for him to have spent a season in lockdown in Limerick.
    Will be interesting to see how this plays out over the coming weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Jump_In_Jack

There had been talk on social media of Snyman being released from his contract at the seasons end...maybe there's truth to it...must be hard for him to have spent a season in lockdown in Limerick.
    Will be interesting to see how this plays out over the coming weeks

I don’t know why he wouldn’t be entitled to go home to recover and do his physio etc at home, makes no sense to me for him to stay in Munster if he didn’t want to.
    Isn’t that what Coetzee did?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

I thought Snyman had gone home for his rehab, no?

Zzippy wrote: »
    I thought Snyman had gone home for his rehab, no?

I thought he was at Munster for part of it?
    Still, whatever the situation he's not had an easy year of it...and if he has gone home for rehab, it may have swayed his mind to stay?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

Has Carbery started a knockout game for Munster?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

Yep, semi final in the RDS, came in cold after injury

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Lost Ormond

Pro14 sf 2 years ago

Advertisement