Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Team Talk Thread - Beirne After Reading

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

JP probably not best pleased that his PSDT money ended up going on zebo though 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

It's great news. Zebo was a great player for Munster and is hugely popular.
    I am surprised at the news however, given the business already done in the back three.

It's great news. Zebo was a great player for Munster and is hugely popular.

Also earls was just about to overtake his try scoring record so he should add to that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

yerrahbah wrote: »

Thought that was actually confirmed last month

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

JP probably not best pleased that his PSDT money ended up going on zebo though ��
    I don't know where the money is coming from, but it's almost definitely not from JP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

while Zebo would be a good signing, its not the signing we need

If he had played in the final vs Leinster it would have made little difference because our pack was being bullied around the park

He would be an upgrade on Haley, who to be fair has had a really good season

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Good player and will improve the 23. Also gives a boost commercially in some respects, I'm sure.

But the needs for a front row upgrade greatly outweighs the benefits, I'd have thought. I wonder what it means for guys like Daly and Gallagher.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭FrannoFan

If he had played in the final vs Leinster it would have made little difference because our pack was being bullied around the park

Ahh he's a munster legend. He will improve the depth even if he doesn't automatically improve the first 15. He doesn't mind saying he hates Leinster which i find refreshing!

FrannoFan wrote: »
    Ahh he's a munster legend. He will improve the depth even if he doesn't automatically improve the first 15. He doesn't mind saying he hates Leinster which i find refreshing!

That's grand yous can hate us all yous want while you're new full back is being done for pace by James Lowe.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

Zebo this week, Andrew Porter next week, ....it's all coming together !!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

That's grand yous can hate us all yous want while you're new full back is being done for pace by James Lowe.

James Lowe is the player you've decided to pick to highlight the defensive frailty of another player?? Hmmm..... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Lost Ormond

Thought that was actually confirmed last month

Was as good as confirmed last month. Just official now.
    Good move. He has good experience of the club and schools game in the province at a few different levels from AIL to junior J1 rugby to schools rugby and has worked with academy before as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭FrannoFan

I'm a leinster fan!
    Players all so pally with irish camp etc. i was reared on leamy and quinlan getting under contepomis skin. Made the games way more tense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭sebdavis

Who can forget his display v Leinster in his last game for Munster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Wasn't expecting Zebo to be honest, even with the rumours. We have plenty of players able to play back three. Haley has been going well, Gallagher was looking decent before injury, Daly is on the fringe, Earls in good form, Conway is hopefully going to get back into the grove, and then there's a crop of youngsters who we'll hopefully see more of.

Definitely has some X Factor. But...we don't really use our backline well currently or have set piece moves to utilise him. Unless there's changes to the gameplan, I don't see this as a great move. If we do start seeing some more ball playing and channel Leinster's ability to generate quick ball and he hits a vein of form then he could be exactly the type of player we need...Will be interesting to see how he readjusts from a looser Racing system.

🤪

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

aloooof wrote: »
    I got the here and stopped reading:

That fella's writing just hurts my eyes. I honestly don't know how he gets paid to write the gibberish that he does all the time:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Zebo is a good signing imo. And hopefully it ends the interminable Zebo for Ireland briefest. Just call him up Farrell from the first squad and end it all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,712 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Never a bad thing to bring a homegrown player who shows a deep love for the club back into the fold.

You would just hope that the money isn't mental and is taking away a chance at bolstering the pack.

Back three is ultra competitive with Daly, Nash, Conway, Earls, Haley and Gallagher. Should be interesting to see where he slots in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

As a Leinster fan, I approve of this purchase.

If I was a Munster fan, I would be very disappointed. It’s not talent in the backs they are missing.

• Advertisement

Teferi wrote: »
    As a Leinster fan, I approve of this purchase.

If I was a Munster fan, I would be very disappointed. It’s not talent in the backs they are missing.

I know you haven't hidden from your opinion of Zebo, but it's certainly a signing that improves our first choice 23.

If you offered me Michael Alaalatoa instead, then I would certainly take him. It seems Munster are backing who they have in house in the front row. The selections in the Rainbow Cup are going to be interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,137 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

Zebo is a good signing imo. And hopefully it ends the interminable Zebo for Ireland briefest. Just call him up Farrell from the first squad and end it all

LOL. That debate has only just begun, unfortunately. At least when he's in France, most reasonable people understand that it's IRFU policy.

Now that he'll be back here, and presumably first choice for Munster, it'll be an even bigger sh*t show (whether he is picked or not).

Never a bad thing to bring a homegrown player who shows a deep love for the club back into the fold.

Bahahahahahaha
    You would just hope that the money isn't mental and is taking away a chance at bolstering the pack.

Back three is ultra competitive with Daly, Nash, Conway, Earls, Haley and Gallagher. Should be interesting to see where he slots in.

He'll slot in at FB I would imagine. He's significantly better than any of those players apart from Earls, especially since Conway's form has fallen off a cliff.

He'll slot in at FB I would imagine. He's significantly better than any of those players apart from Earls, especially since Conway's form has fallen off a cliff.

Haley has improved considerably this year. I think it's Conway's spot that is more under threat.

Haley has improved considerably this year. I think it's Conway's spot that is more under threat.

That's fair actually, Haley has looked really good this season.

aloooof wrote: »
    James Lowe is the player you've decided to pick to highlight the defensive frailty of another player?? Hmmm..... ;)

Moreso the lack of pace of both 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭DonVito

There's absolutely no way Zebo is going to be a 'super sub next season. He 100% starts. He's probably the first back-three player who goes on the team sheet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,299 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Good news all round. The best part of it will be the competition inside the squad. Pity for Zebo that it didn't come a year earlier, he's easily the type of player that could be up for the Lions if he had had a decent run at Munster and Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭ Gary Moldy Memory

He's been Kearney-Snr-esque from what I've seen of him this season, positioning very good and has had a huge return from his kicking from hand. Nabbed a few good tries as well. I doubt he'll drop out of the team.

I don't think Munster need Zebo and I don't think it's a good use of budget given how average the front 5 is in a lot of areas. But we'll see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

I know you haven't hidden from your opinion of Zebo, but it's certainly a signing that improves our first choice 23.

If you offered me Michael Alaalatoa instead, then I would certainly take him. It seems Munster are backing who they have in house in the front row. The selections in the Rainbow Cup are going to be interesting.

I mean, sure, he improves your back options.

Will he make a difference when the Munster pack are getting smashed off the park in a playoff against an Ulster or Leinster pack?

For me, it’s a midlife crisis purchase. Spaffing money on a vintage lambo when you should have spent your money on something sensible.

Advertisement