Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Team Talk Thread - Beirne After Reading

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

I missed the game, only saw the highlights... but i was told, Archer had some good old fashioned rucking on James Ryan, thats why he got the yellow card..... how good did it look?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,134 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I missed the game, only saw the highlights... but i was told, Archer had some good old fashioned rucking on James Ryan, thats why he got the yellow card..... how good did it look?

Ryan was lying on the wrong side (not for the first or last time in the game) and called Archer a "fat c*nt". Not justifying it or anything but...

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭VayNiice

Another photo for the Hall of Fame...

https://twitter.com/MRSC16/status/1386083150330204170

Casey would be knocked into another nationality by Fardy if he felt like it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Caranica wrote: »
    Ryan was lying on the wrong side (not for the first or last time in the game) and called Archer a "fat c*nt". Not justifying it or anything but...

haha
    i miss rucking...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

haha
    i miss rucking...

James Ryan doesn't

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

haha
    i miss rucking...

It wasn't rucking. It was stamping

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Vinnie222

Burkie1203 wrote: »

It was rucking. He would have got a red if it was deemed stamping

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Kirk Van Houten

Burkie1203 wrote: »

It was rucking. The movement of the leg and boot is backward not downwards.
    Still a card though in modern times.

VayNiice wrote: »
    Casey would be knocked into another nationality by Fardy if he felt like it...

Sure but if you touch the little guy the rest come after you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

My da is harder than your da.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,137 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

Caranica wrote: »

He is fat. I can't speak to whether he's a c*nt or not but he didn't do himself any favours on that front last night.

Whatever about his actions last night, Munster simply cannot go into another season with him as the starting TH. He's just not even halfway good enough. They have to give Knox all the remaining starts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,134 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

He is fat.

He's a prop! Show me a skinny one???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

He is fat. I can't speak to whether he's a c*nt or not but he didn't do himself any favours on that front last night.

Whatever about his actions last night, Munster simply cannot go into another season with him as the starting TH. He's just not even halfway good enough. They have to give Knox all the remaining starts.

Knox had a decent cameo I thought. Hopefully he gets the start against Ulster. Salanoa will hopefully get minutes too during the tournament.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭KevinK

Question about Know and Salanoa. I recently saw an article about Folau Fakatava and it mentioned that if he wasn't capped by December 31st this year he would have to wait until 2023 to play for the all blacks. Would the situation with Knox and Salanoa be similar i.e. if they don't get capped this year they would have to wait until September 2022 and December 2022 before being Irish eligible, that is five years after they arrived in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭THFC198

KevinK wrote: »
    Question about Know and Salanoa. I recently saw an article about Folau Fakatava and it mentioned that if he wasn't capped by December 31st this year he would have to wait until 2023 to play for the all blacks. Would the situation with Knox and Salanoa be similar i.e. if they don't get capped this year they would have to wait until September 2022 and December 2022 before being Irish eligible, that is five years after they arrived in Ireland?

I don’t have an official answer for you, but would it be fair to say good chance they wouldn’t play International rugby until those dates in 2022 anyway, got a number of options ahead of them at Irish level.

I read about that somewhere alright. I don't know if that impacts Knox but a capture cap in the summer or November may be an option if it does.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭FrannoFan

Knox had a decent cameo I thought. Hopefully he gets the start against Ulster. Salanoa will hopefully get minutes too during the tournament.

Absolutely
    Contrast the front 5 from pro14 final of
    Cronin
    Scannel
    Archer
    Bierne
    Klyn

If munster are in a final next year with
    Killer
    O'byrne (better ball player)
    Knox
    Snyman
    Bierne/ahern

Big improvement across the board

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,339 ✭✭✭✭phog

Obviously very happy with the win, a comprehensive win at that. Not often Leinster are held scoreless for 70 odd mins. While I agree with Archer getting binned there's a reason why players ruck opposition players lying on the wrong side of the ruck and it's usually the ref doesn't enforce the laws, unfortunately this time had Archer been more patient Ryan could well have got a card or at least he deserved a card for a professional foul.

I thought the Haley's penalty was very harsh or again a bit like JOD's penalty not always picked up or just ignored.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Jump_In_Jack

KevinK wrote: »
    Question about Knox and Salanoa. I recently saw an article about Folau Fakatava and it mentioned that if he wasn't capped by December 31st this year he would have to wait until 2023 to play for the all blacks. Would the situation with Knox and Salanoa be similar i.e. if they don't get capped this year they would have to wait until September 2022 and December 2022 before being Irish eligible, that is five years after they arrived in Ireland?

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/world-rugby-extension-of-residency-could-open-door-to-fresh-player-captures/

"The Executive Committee also confirmed that a player must meet both the 36 months residency requirement and have represented the union on or before 31 December, 2021, otherwise the player will fall under the 60-month rule."

Knox came to Ireland in Dec 2017, so he is eligible to be capped now but if he’s not capped by end of 21, he’ll need to wait til Dec 22 before he’ll be eligible again by the new rules coming in.

Salanoa came to Ireland in Sept 2017, so he is eligible to be capped now but if he’s not capped by end of 21, he’ll need to wait til Sept 22 before he’ll be eligible again by the new rules coming in.

I don’t think it really makes any difference as the lads need at least that much time to develop before they’ll be good enough to represent Ireland’s senior team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

phog wrote: »
    Obviously very happy with the win, a comprehensive win at that. Not often Leinster are held scoreless for 70 odd mins. While I agree with Archer getting binned there's a reason why players ruck opposition players lying on the wrong side of the ruck and it's usually the ref doesn't enforce the laws, unfortunately this time had Archer been more patient Ryan could well have got a card or at least he deserved a card for a professional foul.

I thought the Haley's penalty was very harsh or again a bit like JOD's penalty not always picked up or just ignored.

Yep, the referee said he was playing advantage for Ryan's not rolling away but I'm pretty sure he never indicated that in real time.
    Given Porter and a few other forwards were laying out with their legs in the exact spot Murray would step to for a box kick a few times beforehand as well and it was a deliberate ploy. Murray had pointed it out but the referee wasn't interested. Poor from him.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

I'd have to see it back, but in real time I thought the Earls offside was a strange one as well. Earls' reaction was pretty funny tho...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Tomtom364

razorblunt wrote: »
    Yep, the referee said he was playing advantage for Ryan's not rolling away but I'm pretty sure he never indicated that in real time.
    Given Porter and a few other forwards were laying out with their legs in the exact spot Murray would step to for a box kick a few times beforehand as well and it was a deliberate ploy. Murray had pointed it out but the referee wasn't interested. Poor from him.

If I remember he was actually playing advantage from a previous ruck for a separate Leinster player not rolling + a second penalty for Ryan not rolling at that ruck.

https://www.munsterrugby.ie/2021/04/26/munster-rugby-sign-rowan-osborne/

The Osborne move has been confirmed. One year deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,810 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭theVersatile

Two nines on the books next season who got their break through playing AIL - the old dog serves a purpose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,385 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

aloooof wrote:
    I'd have to see it back, but in real time I thought the Earls offside was a strange one as well. Earls' reaction was pretty funny tho...

Thought it was a good call myself. Earls didn't retreat fully. His reaction was great though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,137 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

razorblunt wrote: »

He had indicated advantage, in fact he was playing advantage from the previous phase.

It was just dirty play and it's a bit much to be trying to justify it to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

He had indicated advantage, in fact he was playing advantage from the previous phase.

It was just dirty play and it's a bit much to be trying to justify it to be honest.

I certainly wouldn't try to justify it. But I did like it. Good old fashioned rucking. But that's not allowed any more. Therefore it was stupid from Archer but I think we are all aware that Archer will give away a couple of stupid penalties every game. We just have to hope that those stupid penalties arent too costly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    I certainly wouldn't try to justify it. But I did like it. Good old fashioned rucking. But that's not allowed any more. Therefore it was stupid from Archer but I think we are all aware that Archer will give away a couple of stupid penalties every game. We just have to hope that those stupid penalties arent too costly.

And we also have to hope that Ryan doesn't mess with..
    "Nana-nana-nana-nana-nana-nana-nana Fatman"!! anymore
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭VANG1

Can’t wait for the next match now

Advertisement