Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Team Talk Thread - Beirne After Reading

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 508 ✭✭✭purpleisafruit

phog wrote: »
    Seems to be a change in the ref for tomorrow's game
    I really dislike Adamson's refereeing style. Jury is still out on Brace as he tends to be tougher on Munster to counteract any potential bias accusation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Shaka Hislop

Ah let him at least blow his whistle before we tear him apart

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Team's out! https://www.munsterrugby.ie/preview/team-named-munster-side-to-face-cardiff-blues-4/?fbclid=IwAR3376ztYyhnaFblum7u9y1hxvllDLLkcp6QyHWtAoZcGNVJ8xEWgMf30Ow#preview

Looking like we want to be out of sight early and make up for last game and then let some of the younger lads (and POM :D) have a go

Munster: Mike Haley; Andrew Conway, Damian de Allende, Rory Scannell, Shane Daly; Joey Carbery, Craig Casey; James Cronin, Niall Scannell, Stephen Archer; Jean Kleyn, Fineen Wycherley; Jack O’Donoghue, Tommy O’Donnell, CJ Stander (C).

Replacements: Diarmuid Barron, Jeremy Loughman, Keynan Knox, Gavin Coombes, Peter O’Mahony, Nick McCarthy, Jack Crowley, Jack O’Sullivan.

I make this to be Tommy O'Donnell's second start of the season

Really like the look of that backline, Here's hoping for some dry weather

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,339 ✭✭✭✭phog

I really dislike Adamson's refereeing style. Jury is still out on Brace as he tends to be tougher on Munster to counteract any potential bias accusation

He was born in Cardiff :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

yerrahbah wrote: »
    I make this to be Tommy O'Donnell's second start of the season

Really like the look of that backline, Here's hoping for some dry weather

Joey and Casey’s first time starting together, I think? Looking forward to seeing that.

Needs must due to injury, but can’t say say I’ve seen 3 back rows on the bench all too often.

• Advertisement

He was born in Cardiff :D
    He might have been but he's an MAR member. He's usually a very good ref unlike his compatriot Dan Jones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,138 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

He might have been but he's an MAR member. He's usually a very good ref unlike his compatriot Dan Jones

In two posts, you've slated three refs.

Who is a good ref, in your opinion?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭theVersatile

I mean, he did say Andy was a very good ref.

Andy is good, Frank is also good but can be card happy (although you couldn't argue against most of them). Luke Pearce, Matt Carley, Wayne Barnes all very good. Ben Whitehouse has improved significantly over the last year in my opinion.
    I like Poite and Gauzere for the most part. Angus Gardner has been good any time I've seen him recently.
    I have issues with the refs who are inconsistent, the ones who make different decisions for the same actions from game to game or even within games.

I mean, he did say Andy was a very good ref.

No, he said he's "usually a good ref" except that he deliberately targets Munster. That is not a compliment. It's nonsense too.

• Advertisement

No, he said he's "usually a good ref" except that he deliberately targets Munster. That is not a compliment. It's nonsense too.

No he didn't say that

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Rhys Marshalls departure (and return to NZ) finally confirmed.
    https://www.munsterrugby.ie/2021/05/28/marshall-to-depart-munster/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,810 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

No he didn't say that

Get up the yard, will ya.

"Jury is still out on Brace as he tends to be tougher on Munster to counteract any potential bias accusation"

How else could you read that?

I'll rephrase, how else could a reasonable person without a persecution complex read that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Diarmuid Barron 2022
    Kevin O'Byrne 2022
    Niall Scannell 2023

Scott Buckley Year 1

James French 2022
    Dave Kilcoyne 2023
    Liam O'Connor 2022
    Jeremy Loughman 2022
    Josh Wycherley 2023

Stephen Archer 2022
    Keynan Knox 2022
    John Ryan 2022
    Roman Salanoa 2022

Thomas Ahern 2023
    Tadhg Beirne 2022
    Jason Jenkins 2022
    Jean Kleyn 2022
    RG Snyman 2022
    Fineen Wycherley 2023

Cian Hurley Year 1
    Paddy Kelly Year 2
    Eoin O'Connor Year 2

Gavin Coombes 2023
    Chris Cloete 2022
    Jack Daly 2022
    John Hodnett 2023
    Jack O'Donoghue 2023
    Peter O'Mahony 2023
    Jack O'Sullivan 2023

Alex Kendellen Year 1

Craig Casey 2023
    Neil Cronin 2023
    Conor Murray 2022
    Rowan Osborne 2022

Joey Carbery 2022
    Jack Crowley 2023
    Jake Flannery 2022
    Ben Healy 2022

Damian de Allende 2022
    Chris Farrell 2022
    Dan Goggin 2022
    Alex McHenry 2022
    Rory Scannell 2023

Andrew Conway 2023
    Liam Coombes 2022
    Shane Daly 2023
    Keith Earls 2022
    Seán French 2022
    Matt Gallagher 2022
    Mike Haley 2023
    Calvin Nash 2023
    Simon Zebo 2022

Conor Phillips Year 1
    Jonathan Wren Year 3

2021/22 NIEs:
    Jason Jenkins (capped), RG Snyman (capped), Damian de Allende (capped)

IN: Jason Jenkins (LK, Toyota Verblitz), Rowan Osborne (SH, Leinster), Simon Zebo (B3, Racing 92)
    OUT: Eoghan Clarke (HK, Jersey Reds), Rhys Marshall (HK, TBC) James Cronin (PR, TBC), Billy Holland (LK, retirement), Tommy O'Donnell (BR, retirement), CJ Stander (BR, retirement), Nick McCarthy (SH, Leinster), JJ Hanrahan (FH, Clermont Auvergne), Darren Sweetnam (B3, La Rochelle)

Using quotation marks and not exactly quoting what the guy said is fairly gas stuff. He also replied to your question with a number of referees who he considers to be "good" - so there isn't really much point in continuing the argument.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Purist98

Any idea what will happen with Wren?

Get up the yard, will ya.

"Jury is still out on Brace as he tends to be tougher on Munster to counteract any potential bias accusation"

How else could you read that?

I'll rephrase, how else could a reasonable person without a persecution complex read that?

Try using the quotation correctly next time rather trying to have a cut of a poster.

Purist98 wrote: »
    Any idea what will happen with Wren?

Hard to see him get a break at this stage with our back three depth, Zebo returning, and the fact that all of our Academy promotions seem to have already been announced.

Wonder if he could head into the 7s scene and try and make a name for himself there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Any idea what the story is with Patterson? I thought his spell with Munster was over but I seen him listed on the last injury update so maybe he is sticking around?
    Which wouldn't be the worst as with Murray and Casey likely to be in Irish squads that leaves us with Cronin and Osborne as SH cover which would be pretty thin tbh.

• Advertisement

Patterson won't remain I'd say. 4 senior SHs is enough and perhaps Ethan Coughlan will get an academy spot.

When Zebo was signed, it was clear that the budget was used.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Try using the quotation correctly next time rather trying to have a cut of a poster.

Wall of text incoming about how you should never question his authority and how his aunt actually does have a pair of Benjamin's. :D

Berating the officials after every single game - win or lose - is par for the course for a small minority of Munster fans. It's par for the course and I don't kid myself that reasonable discourse is going to have any effect.

But saying that a given ref is intentionally harder on Munster is a special kind of delusional paranoia and it's not fair on the ref in question.

Do ye really need to convince yourselves of these things lads? You can't really believe it.

Berating the officials after every single game - win or lose - is par for the course for a small minority of Munster fans. It's par for the course and I don't kid myself that reasonable discourse is going to have any effect.

But saying that a given ref is intentionally harder on Munster is a special kind of delusional paranoia and it's not fair on the ref in question.

Do ye really need to convince yourselves of these things lads? You can't really believe it.

Nice side swerve there :D

Brace told Sexton to shut up.

He can whistle Munster off the park for all I care. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

Berating the officials after every single game - win or lose - is par for the course for a small minority of Munster fans.
    i know alot of the time its sour grapes, but in fairness the quality of referees in the pro14 and at times even in europe is fairly shocking.some of the best are irish unfortunately and so the irish teams tend to suffer as a result (imo anyway)

Brace told Sexton to shut up.

He can whistle Munster off the park for all I care. :D

I heard Brace texted Sexton afterwards to apologise and told him he'd make it up to him in the next Munster v Leinster game by really going to town on Munster, and that Sexton replied "lolzers, see if you can make O'Mahony pull that face again, that cracks me up".

Then they added Reggie Corrigan to the group and sure the bantz were off the charts.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

I don't think Munster fans in particular are any better, or worse, than any other set of fans when it comes to referees, tbh.

i know alot of the time its sour grapes, but in fairness the quality of referees in the pro14 and at times even in europe is fairly shocking.some of the best are irish unfortunately and so the irish teams tend to suffer as a result (imo anyway)

It seems to be acceptable for fans to say negative stuff about players or coaches but there's a certain preciousness from a few posters when it comes to having a negative comment about a ref, even when it's blatantly obvious the ref made a error.

• Advertisement

aloooof wrote: »
    I don't think Munster fans in particular are any better, or worse, than any other set of fans when it comes to referees, tbh.

No, I'm not saying they are, the tiny minority is really only one poster. And this isn't about criticism of refs, it's about saying that a given ref has it in for a given team. Or attacking someone who says that maybe that's an unfair assertion.

Maybe I'm too old for this "Internet" thing but that's a level of bitterness I can't even comprehend tbh. The ref's job has never been harder and they're all doing their best.

Advertisement