Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Team Talk Thread - Beirne After Reading

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,138 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

I heard on Twitter that the weather was nice and a few people got together for a barbecue. Not sure how accurate that is but explosive stuff if it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭typhoony

At least we'll get to see how munster can cope without the foreign contingent, a good test for some of the young Irish lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

I heard on Twitter that the weather was nice and a few people got together for a barbecue. Not sure how accurate that is but explosive stuff if it is.

Well the BBQ was explosive...

Genuinely hope the lads aren't too badly hurt
    They've had a long 12 months and earned some RnR on a sunny bank holiday weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭hahashake

On a slight tangent, is getting injured in your personal life considered to be contractually equal to an injury training/playing if you are a pro athlete?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

• Advertisement

As of now rg has been the most disappointing signing we've ever had. I hope we get something out of him next year

And the Darwin Award goes to...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Shaka Hislop

Playing with fire... absolutely stupid and just dumb luck a tragedy was averted

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭TXPTGR1

Not the brightest the Rugby lads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

This is just specatularly dangerous and stupid. I imagine the player who threw the petrol onto the fire is in a spot of bother with his colleagues.

But who on earth keeps a can of petrol near an open fire anyway?

DDA says that they'll hopefully be back in a few weeks; it certainly could have been a lot worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

tenor.gif

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Jean Kleyn's birthday is in August.

Somebody else's birthday then :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Jerry Attrick

Jean Kleyn's birthday is in August.

June in Limerick is August in South Africa.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    tenor.gif

He managed the situation better than the lads did to be fair.

You've got to look at the 4 players and think...1 of them would have said..nah..petrol isn't a good idea here lads

You've got to look at the 4 players and think...1 of them would have said..nah..petrol isn't a good idea here lads

Not if they had a few beers on board.

Or else the petrol story is because the truth is far more embarrassing. At least nobody was seriously injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Or else the petrol story is because the truth is far more embarrassing.

I'd be very interested to hear what could be more embarrassing for a grown man suffering significant injuries due to throwing a potent fuel on open flames!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,852 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

tenor.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Jerry Attrick

Looking on the bright side, at least CJ hasn't blamed the ref for the incident - yet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

Great add for the Braai

Looking on the bright side, at least CJ hasn't blamed the ref for the incident - yet!

Has he posted a video of himself sweeping up in the garden yet

Reckon that's season over (Rainbow cup) for the 4 lads

https://twitter.com/CianTracey1/status/1402543600123232256?s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,483 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

I know it's easy to criticise people for lacking common sense after the fact, but i actually hate when people do that because "common sense" is only common after the fact and things have gone wrong. But I would have thought that at least one of the SA boys would be experienced at setting fires and would have told them the petrol is a terrible (and unnecessary) idea. Maybe none of them had a clue about what they were doing.

I hope they're all ok but that's a bit ridiculous. CJ to miss his final game with Munster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Ospreys vs Benetton cancelled,
    Benetton awarded 4 points as the cases are with the Ospreys guys and are through to the Rainbow cup final.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Reckon that's season over (Rainbow cup) for the 4 lads

https://twitter.com/CianTracey1/status/1402543600123232256?s=19
    Whatever that tweet said has been deleted. Stander and Haley have yet to be ruled out of Fridays game though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

There's no point playing CJ now anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

We started the Rainbow Cup well, but performances in last couple of games have been lackluster. Really only have ourselves to blame for missing out - the blueprint for beating Connacht was there and we didn't have to deviate from what we had been doing, just needed to get lineouts right and maul.

Probably too late to have an impact on team selection (and the firepit incident will have caused disruption anyways), but will be interesting to see who gets a run out.

🤪

A fitting end to a woeful competition

• Advertisement

I know it's easy to criticise people for lacking common sense after the fact, but i actually hate when people do that because "common sense" is only common after the fact and things have gone wrong. But I would have thought that at least one of the SA boys would be experienced at setting fires and would have told them the petrol is a terrible (and unnecessary) idea. Maybe none of them had a clue about what they were doing.

I'd say being experienced at making fires is exactly what led someone to say, sure throw some petrol on it there, I've done it loads of times, be grand.

Advertisement