Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Team Talk Thread - Beirne After Reading

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

molloyjh wrote: »
    Thats not at all what I'm saying. What I'm saying is that Munster are happy to take whatever helping hands they can get but are also more than happy to actively prevent others from getting what they need, even though they have no real use for Cronin at all. If the IRFU allow that then it's very frustrating. But it's also a complete dick move from Munster. It's the "we need X so we should get it regardless of where that leaves anyone else, but at the same time we should ensure others don't get what they need regardless of whether it really affects us or not" thing. It's entitled BS. And they should really be told where to go with that.

Except a fairly obvious alternative narrative is that Munster are letting an eight-year servant (and probably fans) know he's wanted, but there is a ceiling to how much they can pay, so if he does indeed go to Connacht it wasn't a case of them dumping him on a hillside.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

aloooof wrote: »
    Cronin started 14 games this season. In what way is that “no real use at all”?

Yet you’re bemoaning Munster being allowed sign Salanoa who played, what, 3 games for Leinster in total?

I'm not bemoaning that at all. I'm bemoaning the double standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭TomsOnTheRoof

Don't remember the moral outrage when Leinster took a certain Connacht centre.

You can add Mike McCarthy to that as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,138 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

What do you mean no use? I'd wager he's started as many games as anyone for us this year

I think the point was that Cronin was let go thus Munster would seem not to value him THAT much. JJ played a lot of rugby this season too but is also surplus to requirements.

But again, I think people are getting too worked up about this, I seriously doubt it's true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,339 ✭✭✭✭phog

Cronin leaving Munster was all about what Munster could offer him or to be more accurate what they couldn't offer - more cash.
    Connacht can only offer him what Munster offer in terms of a contract.

Now, maybe, just maybe they might squeeze more playing minutes out him but I'd wager he was happy with his game time here in Munster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,608 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Fionn Carr

• Registered Users Posts: 8,608 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

phog wrote: »
    Cronin leaving Munster was all about what Munster could offer him or to be more accurate what they couldn't offer - more cash.
    Connacht can only offer him what Munster offer in terms of a contract.

Now, maybe, just maybe they might squeeze more playing minutes out him but I'd wager he was happy with his game time here in Munster.

Cronin is a decent player in a crucial position.

It’s clear that he’s not going to be heading into an Irish jersey at this stage so he needs to maximize his earnings.

I would be surprised if he goes west, England or France are likely but if he stays in Munster you can be sure some cash has been found and that his agent earning his commission.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

Fionn Carr

he was from leinster though

You're really not getting it, are you? As I said, the issue isn't the movement of players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,483 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

I don't know if this is a controversial opinion but I think Munster can do better with Coombs at 8 than CJ. It would be easy to misremember CJ as a crash-ball-merchant but I acknowledge that he was good in other departments. CJ had some great all-round skills - who can forget the mall turnover when he had done all the work and was just smiling, waiting for the whistle to blow?

Taking on a crash ball and causing a big impact is always satisfying to see as a fan and CJ was good at it. But it's not always the most effective move. He really was single minded and there was no doubt in the opposition's mind about what was about to happen - they were in for a big collision but that's all that was going to happen, he wasn't going to attempt any footwork, look for the soft shoulder or go in with a view to offload. It was going to be a big collision and a ruck which gives the defence time to get set for the next phase.

Coombs is powerful in the tight AND isn't as predictable. It will be difficult to match CJ's workload/savvy around the pitch but I think he has CJ beat in ball carrying already - not in terms of big collisions, but in terms of having a better array of options when carrying the ball.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Jump_In_Jack

I don't know if this is a controversial opinion but I think Munster can do better with Coombs at 8 than CJ. It would be easy to misremember CJ as a crash-ball-merchant but I acknowledge that he was good in other departments. CJ had some great all-round skills - who can forget the mall turnover when he had done all the work and was just smiling, waiting for the whistle to blow?

Taking on a crash ball and causing a big impact is always satisfying to see as a fan and CJ was good at it. But it's not always the most effective move. He really was single minded and there was no doubt in the opposition's mind about what was about to happen - they were in for a big collision but that's all that was going to happen, he wasn't going to attempt any footwork, look for the soft shoulder or go in with a view to offload. It was going to be a big collision and a ruck which gives the defence time to get set for the next phase.

Coombs is powerful in the tight AND isn't as predictable. It will be difficult to match CJ's workload/savvy around the pitch but I think he has CJ beat in ball carrying already - not in terms of big collisions, but in terms of having a better array of options when carrying the ball.

You are surely referring to Stander in the latter part of his playing career, don't you remember the burst of speed he had when he first broke through? He scored some great tries, and for a while there for almost every match he won the "CJ Stander award" (POTM nowadays).
    Like all good players, when his top end pace left him he improved in other areas to compensate, like Heaslip or O'Driscoll did for example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,483 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

You are surely referring to Stander in the latter part of his playing career, don't you remember the burst of speed he had when he first broke through? He scored some great tries, and for a while there for almost every match he won the "CJ Stander award" (POTM nowadays).
    Like all good players, when his top end pace left him he improved in other areas to compensate, like Heaslip or O'Driscoll did for example.

I could be overlooking the speed earlier in his career. But I don't think he was ever much more rounded at ball carrying.
    The MO was always the same:
    get the ball,
    aim for the centre of gravity of the tackler,
    cause a big collision,
    go to ground and recycle the ball.

In any case, I think they won't miss CJ next year. I think Coombs has it covered - fewer spectacular collisions though.

I really don't get this optics ****e. We know Munster offered Cronin a contract, we also know the other Irish provinces can only offer him the same contract. So if Cronin now decides to play his rugby in Ireland then it's surely his choice where to play exactly like Henshaw moving from Connacht to Leinster.

Unless, he is encouraged by the IRFU to play for a province other than his home one which would be like Joey coming to Munster.

Optics have nothing to do with either of the above it's down to the player doing what's right for himself or the IRFU forcing his hand to do what's right the national team.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

Mike Haley missing out on the Ireland squad, I'd say he'll be disappointed after a very good season.

I really don't get this optics ****e. We know Munster offered Cronin a contract, we also know the other Irish provinces can only offer him the same contract. So if Cronin now decides to play his rugby in Ireland then it's surely his choice where to play exactly like Henshaw moving from Connacht to Leinster.

Unless, he is encouraged by the IRFU to play for a province other than his home one which would be like Joey coming to Munster.

Optics have nothing to do with either of the above it's down to the player doing what's right for himself or the IRFU forcing his hand to do what's right the national team.

I thought Munster hadn't offered him a contract initially? If they had then scratch everything I've been saying as its based on the premise that they hadn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

So where to from here....? Apologies for long and/or rambly and for writing from impressions rather than stats :)

Young Guns
    Coombes has had a stellar year and proves that if you are a top class talent you will get your shot (despite what some will say about not giving youth a chance). It helps that we haven't really settled on a standout 7 so it was easier to accommodate himself and CJ with POM slotting in at 7 than it might have been other years with established players.

Good to see Wycherley get the Irish call up. Hopefully he matches his game vs Leinster where he got into a scrap with Sexton consistently. Poor JOD always seems to be a squad/bench option - I really like his work rate and he's been good for disrupting mauls.

Would have liked to see some more mixing it up of the front row. Salanoa unfortunately injured any time he was set to get a go and J. Wycherley went well against Clermont but then also picked up injuries. There was a dip against Zebre when front row was replaced though - you have to be proving that you're just as good if not better (as Coombes did), but then again you can get better with this game day experience...

Healy had a mixed year - obviously kicked some cracking penalties and has a big boot on him. But yet to grab a game by the scruff of the neck and sometimes gets caught in two minds in attack. Going to be competitive at 10 in next few years (hopefully). Flannery looked decent against Zebre at times and had some nice little offloads or subtle passes. And Crowley in the mix too; the fact that La Rochelle were interested in him is promising, but hopefully he can fulfil that promise for us.

Casey usually excellent and brings a real zip to the game. A great find and like Coombes his rise has been both quick and impressive because he's a hard one to overlook. Thankful that Leinster lit a fire under Munster to offer him a contract (and that he stayed!). He'll put plenty of pressure on Murray to keep his standards high and will hopefully be in the mix for starting games where his skillset may be better suited.

Shame that the likes of Hodnett, O'Sullivan and Ahern picked up injuries, but looking forward to seeing some more of them. Daly has looked handy - the timing of ANC and Irish call up prevented him from getting a good run of time with Munster but hopefully exposure to national camp stands to him.

Injuries
    All teams pick up injuries, but it's galling when we recognise that there are certain key positions where we need to shore up and then those players get injured! 7 minutes of Snyman! Need to wrap him in bubble wrap (and hope he doesn't choke on it or trip getting out of it)...Good to see Carbery back - glimpses of what he can do in broken field, but his kicking has been on point. Feel for Gallagher though - he was hitting a good run of form and was being given a chance at the 15 jersey when he got injured. Hasn't looked quite up to pace since coming back (though I'm not sure of what his top speed is like), but hopefully rest and pre-season will see him right.

Style
    We played some nice rugby over the year. Some games in the Rainbow Cup had a nice blend of brute force, offloading rugby, and even a strike move or two. We also scored a cracking try against Clermont (at 1:27 below) and won try of the season vs Cardiff where everything just went right. But at the same time, as Bowe also alluded to in the game against Zebre, it's been rare to see Conway (or our back 3) get the ball at pace and with some open field in front of them.

There were quite a few games where our opponents were definitely playing the nicer rugby. In RC, Connacht, Zebre, and Cardiff all caused us difficulty at times with running lines, pullback passes, and pace of getting ball from ruck. Would like to see us implement some more of that, especially when we are getting the platform from forwards making ground.

The forward brute-force style worked...until it didn't. But this will be true for any team really. Leinster have equally been criticised (a bit overboard) for their losses to Saracens and La Rochelle. It's the forwards who also give your backline the platform to work from. Hard to win when your pack is beaten and this has always been true. Isn't the age old saying that forwards win the game and backs determine by how much?

It is, however, a shame that we did good work at times and then our lineout malfunctioned. Seemed to happen quite a bit this season, which is particularly disappointing because our maul looked good for the most part. Have we settled on a hooker? Scannell gets picked for the bigger games, but I've liked O'Byrne's general game - his darts tend to let him down in the very same games that Scannell is a bit off unfortunately.

It's interesting that against Clermont we reverted to keeping the scoreboard ticking over even though we were well behind. It might have been a strange call at the time and most teams, ourselves included, would have gone to the corner in an effort to bridge that gap faster. Then in other tighter games we'd go to the corner, only for something to go wrong.

Discipline
    Again, writing from impressions rather than stats but the discipline was infuriating at times. Maybe it just seems like we gave a lot away because we frequently let teams off the hook when we were in their 22. We weren't clinical enough at times with knock-ons, turnovers, penalties, or lineouts gone astray in good attacking positions. Compare that to a team like Leinster where you typically feel that a score is inevitable when they're in the 22.

Transfers
    Zebo could be good. However, the issue in the back 3 (to my untrained eye) isn't the personnel but getting them the ball in a position where they can do something. Haley had a great season - seems to have worked on the high ball after Saracens went after him that way and less likely to follow up something good with an error. Zebo does go looking for work though and has some spark to him. And if we do throw the ball around more next year, he'll be good for that offloading and freer game.

Cronin had a really good season, his customary silly penalty or two aside, but it's messy now if we might/might not sign him. It's a weird one. You'd have to feel disappointed though if you were thinking that you'd step into the breach to replace him only for a potential U-turn to occur.

At the same time, I'm sure many of us would have liked to see a front row signing. We know what the current crop can do, but you need top drawer players. They give you a platform and can win you penalties, and if they're a monster in the loose too even better. Only a little jealous of Leinster having two Lions at TH :D

The Coaching Ticket
    This will likely be the big talking point over the next year. On the one hand, they can only work with what they have (or make shrewd signings). On the other, on paper we have a pretty good backline and have had the upper hand on quite a few teams up front. The skill sets of players in terms of handling has certainly stepped up - have seen a bit more 7s style play in recent weeks. Have to get the brute-force and finesse working in tandem (and in the important games rather than reverting to conservative stuff).

Unlikely that JVG will be kept on? We've gotten to a point but hard to see how we push on from there. Impossible to know what's going on in the background and how much discussion there is about style, approach to games, etc. Why have we occasionally broken out a set piece move but not done it consistently, for example? Who calls that and who is pushing for a more KBA approach?

ROG has signed on for La Rochelle so that puts that rumour safely to rest. Larkham contracted until 2023 with Rowntree and JVG out of contract in June 2022. So who would we like and who will be available? At least we managed to get a little consistency in coaching ticket after so much disruption since Rob Penny / Anthony Foley's stints!

Expectations
    It is incredibly disappointing how the RC worked out in the end. Similar to the Pro12 final years ago vs Scarlets - it's rare that Leinster are out of the picture, which presents us with a golden opportunity to win some silverware (although nothing can be taken for granted). We didn't have to alter the game plan vs Connacht drastically, other teams had been scoring from mauls. It's probably more disappointing for me that the tries they scored were freak occurrences than being rewarded for some of the silky rugby that they were getting great returns from. Trophies are hard to come by with Leinster being the force that they are and Europe being as tough as it rightfully should be.

Hard to know what our level of expectation should be. We've gotten to some SFs in Europe in recent years one way or the other (sometimes completely unexpectantly). And it's clear from domestic derbies, particularly at the business end of the season, that we're not at the level of Leinster (although it's hard to be ashamed of that when they're one of the top teams in Europe/the world and have an incredible schools system that seems to pump out players ready for top level).

At the same time, we always hope/expect the best and there's nothing wrong with that (even though it's the hope that often gets you!). It's tough to look good for such a long season, but come a cropper right at the end.

TL:DR - should have written a blog!

🤪

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Healy had a mixed year - obviously kicked some cracking penalties and has a big boot on him. But yet to grab a game by the scruff of the neck and sometimes gets caught in two minds in attack.
    i feel bad for healy, he was the best 10 by far for the start of the season and then JJ gets catapulted back into the team for the big games despite being a bit meh up to then (obviously in hindsight he was great away to CA). very hard for him to get comfortable running the team when hes not even in the squad for long periods of time. hes the best option at 10 for me but i think carbery will get continually get picked ahead of him whether he deserves it or not
    Have we settled on a hooker? Scannell gets picked for the bigger games, but I've liked O'Byrne's general game - his darts tend to let him down in the very same games that Scannell is a bit off unfortunately.
    its worrying that scannell and o byrne are probably the 3rd/4th best irish hookers at the moment. very limited in that department (scannell mustve said something to piss AF off since hes miles better than heffernan)

Zebo could be good. However, the issue in the back 3 (to my untrained eye) isn't the personnel but getting them the ball in a position where they can do something. Haley had a great season
    going to be very interesting next year i think in how the back 3 is made up. wasnt impressed with haley at all last year but he was fantastic and deserves to keep the 15 jersey. could see earls dropping to the bench to cover back 3 and centre, a bit unfair on him but he surely cant keep the form up so consistently at his age.

Unlikely that JVG will be kept on? We've gotten to a point but hard to see how we push on from there. Impossible to know what's going on in the background and how much discussion there is about style, approach to games, etc. Why have we occasionally broken out a set piece move but not done it consistently, for example? Who calls that and who is pushing for a more KBA approach?

ROG has signed on for La Rochelle so that puts that rumour safely to rest. Larkham contracted until 2023 with Rowntree and JVG out of contract in June 2022. So who would we like and who will be available? At least we managed to get a little consistency in coaching ticket after so much disruption since Rob Penny / Anthony Foley's stints!
    wonder could there be anything in Larkham moving to head coach and JVG becoming director of rugby? i think munster need that to be a role and that was the original plan for rassie before everything happened with axel. i understand that might further increase the SA contingent in the squad but i think munster need somewhat at the top to oversee everything and leave the head coach look after things on the pitch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭Lost Ormond

So where to from here....? Apologies for long and/or rambly and for writing from impressions rather than stats :)

Young Guns
    Coombes has had a stellar year and proves that if you are a top class talent you will get your shot (despite what some will say about not giving youth a chance). It helps that we haven't really settled on a standout 7 so it was easier to accommodate himself and CJ with POM slotting in at 7 than it might have been other years with established players.

Good to see Wycherley get the Irish call up. Hopefully he matches his game vs Leinster where he got into a scrap with Sexton consistently. Poor JOD always seems to be a squad/bench option - I really like his work rate and he's been good for disrupting mauls.
    Would agree about that. JOD is a very good player but just wont get enough big games in his preferred positions of 6/8 and isnt good enough as a7.
    JOD is a real good player. Been bigging him up here for years.... but just isnt probably good enough or done enough to be a top level player
    Would have liked to see some more mixing it up of the front row. Salanoa unfortunately injured any time he was set to get a go and J. Wycherley went well against Clermont but then also picked up injuries. There was a dip against Zebre when front row was replaced though - you have to be proving that you're just as good if not better (as Coombes did), but then again you can get better with this game day experience...

Healy had a mixed year - obviously kicked some cracking penalties and has a big boot on him. But yet to grab a game by the scruff of the neck and sometimes gets caught in two minds in attack. Going to be competitive at 10 in next few years (hopefully). Flannery looked decent against Zebre at times and had some nice little offloads or subtle passes. And Crowley in the mix too; the fact that La Rochelle were interested in him is promising, but hopefully he can fulfil that promise for us.
    Yeah its a big question mark that i wish Van Grann, Rowntree had done more to give some of the younger props more game time
    On Ben. Kicking is the easy thing for him but his footwork, tackling wasnt good enough and i wouldnt worry about him not yet having grabbed a game by scruff of the neck.
    Ideally Flannery or Crowley will be played/tried more as a 12/15 than 10 as with Ben as an out and out 10 it would allow 2/3 on the pitch at a time...
    The forward brute-force style worked...until it didn't. But this will be true for any team really. Leinster have equally been criticised (a bit overboard) for their losses to Saracens and La Rochelle. It's the forwards who also give your backline the platform to work from. Hard to win when your pack is beaten and this has always been true. Isn't the age old saying that forwards win the game and backs determine by how much?
    We dont have a pack that will beat the biggest of teams using a brute force style so we shouldnt really be relying on that in other games.
    Criticism of Leinster was a bit overboard but then again plenty of the praise they get is overboard as well.
    It is, however, a shame that we did good work at times and then our lineout malfunctioned. Seemed to happen quite a bit this season, which is particularly disappointing because our maul looked good for the most part. Have we settled on a hooker? Scannell gets picked for the bigger games, but I've liked O'Byrne's general game - his darts tend to let him down in the very same games that Scannell is a bit off unfortunately.

It's interesting that against Clermont we reverted to keeping the scoreboard ticking over even though we were well behind. It might have been a strange call at the time and most teams, ourselves included, would have gone to the corner in an effort to bridge that gap faster. Then in other tighter games we'd go to the corner, only for something to go wrong.

Not sure why Scannell is preferred but for me he might be better in scrum but overall id see KOB as a better player. his ball carrying, general game is better
    Do we need to settle on a hooker anyway. Should be more horses for courses especially as both players do have such different strengths..
    The Coaching Ticket
    This will likely be the big talking point over the next year. On the one hand, they can only work with what they have (or make shrewd signings). On the other, on paper we have a pretty good backline and have had the upper hand on quite a few teams up front. The skill sets of players in terms of handling has certainly stepped up - have seen a bit more 7s style play in recent weeks. Have to get the brute-force and finesse working in tandem (and in the important games rather than reverting to conservative stuff).

If we dont get a final/win a trophy you would expect Van Grann to go. As that seems to be the limit of ability right now. I wouldnt call the play in recent weeks 7s style its just a bit more fluid and better coached/influence of Larkham showing
    I wouldnt be holding my breath on O Gara coming back to Munster any time soon. He's still a very young coach and i assume he's thinking he may end up as Munster coach in time and he wont want to do it too early in his career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

If we dont get a final/win a trophy you would expect Van Grann to go. As that seems to be the limit of ability right now.

That's the tough one, isn't it? You'd imagine negotiations would start well in advance of finals time and have to get the feelers out there to see who else is available. sprucemoose's thought that JVG moves up to a different role and Larkham becomes head coach is an interesting one.

🤪

Glasgow and Edinburg must be delighted with this new format. The Irish and sa pools are almost like a division one to the other pools division two

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭irelandrover

Glasgow and Edinburg must be delighted with this new format. The Irish and sa pools are almost like a division one to the other pools division two

I dont think glasgow and edinburgh are that far ahead of the Italian teams, especially when they wont lose most of their players to the Italy team during the year.

You might also have the situation where the italian teams target the teams in their pool so they get european qualification instead of looking to finish top 8.

I dont think glasgow and edinburgh are that far ahead of the Italian teams, especially when they wont lose most of their players to the Italy team during the year.

You might also have the situation where the italian teams target the teams in their pool so they get european qualification instead of looking to finish top 8.

Maby not but they are now the best teams in their conference which is a damn sight better than where they where a few weeks ago.

I dont think glasgow and edinburgh are that far ahead of the Italian teams

They don't have to be but one of them is going top their pool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭BobMc

I see on socials CJ has arrived home this morning, bring aa tear to a glass on the re-uniting with the family

• Registered Users Posts: 11,810 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

BobMc wrote: »
    I see on socials CJ has arrived home this morning, bring aa tear to a glass on the re-uniting with the family

Guess one of only upsides to not making final is players with family abroad getting to see them sooner

Fixtures for next season - I'm assuming we're having AIs but I don't see them on the IRFU site.

I'm calling the round of 16 as a knockout for ease of fitting it into my list. The Irish games and the ERC final have confirmed dates the rest are weekending on the Sunday.

Weekending Competition Stage
    26/09/21 URC Rnd1
    03/10/21 URC Rnd2
    10/10/21 URC Rnd3
    17/10/21 URC Rnd4
    24/10/21 URC Rnd5
    31/10/21 URC Rnd6
    07/11/21
    14/11/21
    21/11/21
    28/11/21
    05/12/21 URC Rnd7
    12/12/21 ERC Rnd1
    19/12/21 ERC Rnd2
    26/12/21 URC Rnd8
    02/01/22 URC Rnd9
    09/01/22 URC Rnd10
    16/01/22 ERC Rnd3
    23/01/22 ERC Rnd4
    30/01/22 URC Rnd11
    05/02/22 6Ns v Wales
    12/02/22 6Ns v France
    20/02/22 URC Rnd12
    27/02/22 6Ns v Italy
    06/03/22 URC Rnd13
    12/03/22 6Ns v England
    19/03/22 6Ns v Scotland
    27/03/22 URC Rnd14
    03/04/22 URC Rnd15
    10/04/22 ERC Knockout 1
    17/04/22 ERC Knockout 2
    24/04/22 URC Rnd16
    01/05/22 URC Rnd17
    08/05/22 ERC QF
    15/05/22 ERC SF
    22/05/22 URC Rnd18
    28/05/22 ERC Final
    05/06/22 URC QF
    12/06/22 URC SF
    19/06/22
    26/06/22 URC Final

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,134 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

URC on 24/25/26 December is a bit cruel, they're hardly going to put all the games on the 26th?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Caranica wrote: »
    URC on 24/25/26 December is a bit cruel, they're hardly going to put all the games on the 26th?

It's a place holder. There'll probably be games on the 23rd, 24th, 26th and 27th.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,810 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Fixtures for next season - I'm assuming we're having AIs but I don't see them on the IRFU site.

I'm calling the round of 16 as a knockout for ease of fitting it into my list. The Irish games and the ERC final have confirmed dates the rest are weekending on the Sunday.

Weekending Competition Stage
    26/09/21 URC Rnd1
    03/10/21 URC Rnd2
    10/10/21 URC Rnd3
    17/10/21 URC Rnd4
    24/10/21 URC Rnd5
    31/10/21 URC Rnd6
    07/11/21
    14/11/21
    21/11/21
    28/11/21
    05/12/21 URC Rnd7
    12/12/21 ERC Rnd1
    19/12/21 ERC Rnd2
    26/12/21 URC Rnd8
    02/01/22 URC Rnd9
    09/01/22 URC Rnd10
    16/01/22 ERC Rnd3
    23/01/22 ERC Rnd4
    30/01/22 URC Rnd11
    05/02/22 6Ns v Wales
    12/02/22 6Ns v France
    20/02/22 URC Rnd12
    27/02/22 6Ns v Italy
    06/03/22 URC Rnd13
    12/03/22 6Ns v England
    19/03/22 6Ns v Scotland
    27/03/22 URC Rnd14
    03/04/22 URC Rnd15
    10/04/22 ERC Knockout 1
    17/04/22 ERC Knockout 2
    24/04/22 URC Rnd16
    01/05/22 URC Rnd17
    08/05/22 ERC QF
    15/05/22 ERC SF
    22/05/22 URC Rnd18
    28/05/22 ERC Final
    05/06/22 URC QF
    12/06/22 URC SF
    19/06/22
    26/06/22 URC Final

Are the URC fixtures out ya? Could only see start date and fixture date on their site

• Advertisement

Eod100 wrote: »
    Are the URC fixtures out ya? Could only see start date and fixture date on their site

They give the weekend dates for each round/knockout games and confirmed the final date and venue.

Advertisement