Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Team Talk Thread - Beirne After Reading

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

phog wrote: »

Nothing for associate members?? :eek::mad:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

mystic86 wrote: »

The link makes no mention of full or associate membership. It says MRSC members.

The link makes no mention of full or associate membership. It says MRSC members.

This does though:

https://twitter.com/Munsterrugby/status/1125695316848672768?s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭troyzer

phog wrote: »

There was never going to be a lot available.

It doesn't.

Munster will face Leinster in the Guinness PRO14 semi-final at the RDS on Saturday, May 18 (3pm).

The distribution of Munster’s ticket allocation begins today and they will initially go to the Munster Rugby clubs, the Munster Rugby Supporters Club and 10-Year Ticket Holders.
    Supporters Club members and 10-Year Ticket holders will receive a link to buy tickets via the email address linked to their Season Ticket.
    Should there be any tickets remaining, there will be a general sale from this Thursday, May 9.

It mentions season tickets, which Associate Members can also buy. If you didn't buy a season ticket then you're down the list. That's stated clearly in the MRSC constitution. It goes
    1. Full Members with full season tickets.
    2. Full Members with a partial season ticket.
    3. Associate Members with a full season ticket.
    4. Associate Members with a partial season ticket.
    5. Associate Members with no season ticket.

• Advertisement

It doesn't.

Munster will face Leinster in the Guinness PRO14 semi-final at the RDS on Saturday, May 18 (3pm).

The distribution of Munster’s ticket allocation begins today and they will initially go to the Munster Rugby clubs, the Munster Rugby Supporters Club and 10-Year Ticket Holders.
    Supporters Club members and 10-Year Ticket holders will receive a link to buy tickets via the email address linked to their Season Ticket.
    Should there be any tickets remaining, there will be a general sale from this Thursday, May 9.

It mentions season tickets, which Associate Members can also buy. If you didn't buy a season ticket then you're down the list. That's stated clearly in the MRSC constitution. It goes

It's in the actual tweet above - "The distribution of our ticket allocation to full @MRSC16 members and 10-Year Ticket Holders begins today."

If anyone who gets a link would kindly be willing to send me a PM with the link I would really appreciate it! Thanks!

It's in the actual tweet above - "The distribution of our ticket allocation to full @MRSC16 members and 10-Year Ticket Holders begins today."

Remaining tickets can't go on general sale as stated on May 9th until they've been offered to all members in the order of the list I posted above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭mossy464

If anyone has a link for tickets for the semi they are not using I would greatly appreciate a PM. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭bennyl10

No email yet, and there'll be plenty in gen sale if last year is any indication

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Email in now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Correct me if I'm wrong but is it not impossible to be an associate member and also have a season ticket? I thought full membership came with having a season ticket, regardless of it being full or partial?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

Thats me going to the semi final:)

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Charlie 22

I got a ticket last year in the general sale is this scenario likely again?

If anyone has a spare code that would be appreciated also !

Correct me if I'm wrong but is it not impossible to be an associate member and also have a season ticket? I thought full membership came with having a season ticket, regardless of it being full or partial?

http://www.mrsc.ie/membership/adult.php

ASSOCIATE MEMBER BENEFITS:
    • 10% discount on season tickets (payment in full or in instalments).

Full members must buy a ST, Associates members have the option of buying a ST.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

http://www.mrsc.ie/membership/adult.php

ASSOCIATE MEMBER BENEFITS:
    • 10% discount on season tickets (payment in full or in instalments).

Full members must buy a ST, Associates members have the option of buying a ST.

That still implies that once an associate member buys a season ticket, they become a full member. That page also says this:

FULL MEMBER BENEFITS

Full members are those with Season Tickets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,895 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

well in my time the difference has been that Full Members have to have season tickets including ERC games

Associate members could only buy Season Ticket for Pro14 if they wished (but can simply buy associate membership and then buy tickets to occasional games)

Felix Jones and Jerry Flannery gone at the end of the season!

https://munsterrugby.ie/2019/05/07/coaching-duo-to-leave-the-province/

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

That's a big development. Given they knocked back deals, there appears to be more to it. They can't have been happy with how things have panned out behind the scenes. Flannery has been going well in his role and had a contract on the table. Forwards coach for his home province at his age is an excellent job and it will be very difficult to top that right now for him.

Jones, I'm not so shocked about. To bring in another attack coach over him undermines him and there was always a chance he'd depart. His stock has fallen dramatically given he was sought by Erasmus some time ago. Hopefully he gets his career back on track soon; I fully believe that the attack or lack thereof was not solely down to him at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

Wow was not expecting that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,176 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Buer wrote: »
    That's a big development. Given they knocked back deals, there appears to be more to it. They can't have been happy with how things have panned out behind the scenes. Flannery has been going well in his role and had a contract on the table. Forwards coach for his home province at his age is an excellent job and it will be very difficult to top that right now for him.

Jones, I'm not so shocked about. To bring in another attack coach over him undermines him and there was always a chance he'd depart. His stock has fallen dramatically given he was sought by Erasmus some time ago. Hopefully he gets his career back on track soon; I fully believe that the attack or lack thereof was not solely down to him at all.
    The Jones departure doesn't hurt Munster. There's been little to no development in Munster's attacking play since he took on his position. There's no interplay between forwards and backs. Forwards bash, bash and bash again. You don't see the forwards act as link men to out backs through gaps. It's extremely route one rugby. Munster have a very talented backline that's being wasted because they've no space to work with.

Flannery is an interesting one however. I think the pack has generally gone quite well. Against most sides they dominate. Maybe it's because they seem to have plateaued at semi final level? When they get to that stage they can't see to find the right level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭troyzer

I wonder if Howley has taken the job as a more Lancaster style joint head coach and wants to clean house.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Wegians89

troyzer wrote: »
    I wonder if Howley has taken the job as a more Lancaster style joint head coach and wants to clean house.

They both rejected contracts with Munster it seems. So they’d be leaving of their own accord rather than Munster cleaning house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,419 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Would love a PM and code if anyone has the presale link

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,339 ✭✭✭✭phog

This is not good, we really need some stability in our coaches, another change can't be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Vinnie222

Wegians89 wrote: »
    They both rejected contracts with Munster it seems. So they’d be leaving of their own accord rather than Munster cleaning house.

Depends what contracts were handed to them .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Wegians89 wrote: »
    That can be read two ways. One, it's as you interpret it and two, the contracts were inferior to what they'd had before in some way that made them almost impossible to sign.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,741 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

prawnsambo wrote: »
    That can be read two ways. One, it's as you interpret it and two, the contracts were inferior to what they'd had before in some way that made them almost impossible to sign.

i think you can be guaranteed its the latter.

maybe not financially, but certainly conditionally.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter

prawnsambo wrote: »

Perhaps they've both been headhunted by a bigger club, so better keep your eyes peeled for an announcement by Leicester or Zebre!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Donald Trumped

Everything you said there buer, I 110% agree with you. Believe me this is a sign of things not rosy at all behind the scenes. The recent poor performances on the field and now this shock announcement. Mark my words but come the end of the 2019/2020 season, Munster will be on the look out for a new head coach too.

Huge blow and a massive kick in the teeth for JVG. Flannery along with JP Ferriera were doing trojan work with both the forwards and defense respectively. Jones is the one I feel most sorry for. The lack of attack is a collective one from a coaches point of view. Sorry but to me Felix is being treated like a scapegoat, unfairly so in my opinion and personally JVG should have done more to help with Munster's substandard back play. The added dimension of a new attack coach would have meant that Felix would feel undermined and upset if he stayed on with the southern province.

This feels like the beginning of the end for JVG even I still feel that the South African will be here for next season. After that its anyone's guess. But once again by offering a man a extended contract before the season is over and with no pressure to do such a thing, seems particularly daft now, bearing in mind with these latest developments, will sure to bring huge pressure on JVG and Munster rugby in the short term anyways.

Advertisement