Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Team Talk Thread - New season title pending....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

The IRFU aren't going to sign off on a 1m per season contract for a player not eligible for Ireland.

The IRFU aren't paying DeAllendes or Snymans wages. Both players are sponsored by a donor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

BloodyBill wrote: »
    The IRFU aren't paying DeAllendes or Snymans wages. Both players are sponsored by a donor

Fair enough.

I think DDA made more sense than Pollard, all things bring equal. Had Carbery developed as hoped you would look at Scannell as the weak link in the backline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,134 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Pollard got stretchered off during Montpellier v Racing. Hospitalised with a knee injury. Sounds like the kind of thing that would have happened if he had signed for Munster!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Alistair Colossal Sonar

E mac wrote: »
    David Wessels was originally Munsters first target to replace rassie wasn't he? He hasn't exactly done wonders at Melbourne Rebels like Munster they seem to be going sideways rather than pushing upwards.

Weasels is awful the rebels are very talented but an absolute mess we dodged a bullet

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Rugbymad2020

Tomtom364 wrote: »
    Go listen to the interviews with DdA and RG Snyman. When asked why Munster? The first thing out of their mouths is Coach Johan.

Think they'd have a better measure of the guy then allegedly "Most SA supporters"

The performance was obviously awful today, but so far this season noone else has come up with a game plan to beat Leinster so it's not all that surprising that Munster couldn't either.

There was a serious lack of bulk & ball carrying in the pack today, to compensate they went all out after the line out and today that failed.

The injuries in the first game against Leinster absolutely killed Munsters chances for this game (never mind not having carbery) and the 5 day turn around against a rested Leinster team was always going to be difficult

Personally, as much as I'd have liked Munster to win this pro14, I honestly just didn't really care about how this mini season would go. just delighted rugby is back.
    Roll on next season in a few weeks and I just hope we see more progress in the game plan similar to the start of the season last year, Munster played some bloody great rugby then!

And importantly, some freshening up of the team selections. Players like Holland and Archer (great servants) should be riding the bench while Knox & Wycherley start. A balance must be found but a leap of faith must also be taken on some promising replacements

JvG has a terrible reputation back in SA.only got his experience with bulls and Springnoks due to his dad and HM.

We were all delighted when he left the bok setup to take up the Munster job.

What would u expect players to say about their new coach at their new club,at the end of the day they’re at Munster for one thing and that’s money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Vinnie222

JvG has a terrible reputation back in SA.only got his experience with bulls and Springnoks due to his dad and HM.

We were all delighted when he left the bok setup to take up the Munster job.

What would u expect players to say about their new coach at their new club,at the end of the day they’re at Munster for one thing and that’s money.

Once they perform who cares. All players wants that big contract

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Rugbymad2020

Vinnie222 wrote: »
    Once they perform who cares. All players wants that big contract

My post was more about JVG rather than the players.he is very overrated and as long as he stays up north and away from SA every in SA will be happy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭ Gary Moldy Memory

I've seen this mentioned a lot, any sort of article mentioning it or is it just one of those things that has grown legs?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

I've seen this mentioned a lot, any sort of article mentioning it or is it just one of those things that has grown legs?
    I'm not sure if its the full wages or a top up but Ian Flanagan (Munster CEO) confirmed outside financing in a interview he did a few months back during lockdown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭moby2101

It's full wages + other considerations I was reliably informed.
    JP obviously... hes opening a Rugby Museum in Limerick shortly
    He needs/wants Munster to be back as a marquee team when it opens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

moby2101 wrote: »
    It's full wages + other considerations I was reliably informed.
    JP obviously... hes opening a Rugby Museum in Limerick shortly
    He needs/wants Munster to be back as a marquee team when it opens.

JP McManus doesn't really give 2 figs about Munster rugby. He's a hurling man. He's helping out with the Rugby museum because its good for limerick . He has nothing to do with sponsoring the 2 Boks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭moby2101

He may Not give "2 figs about rugby" as you say but hes footing the bill for the Saffers

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

moby2101 wrote: »
    He may Not give "2 figs about rugby" as you say but hes footing the bill for the Saffers
    I've also heard that it's not JP. Two overseas Munster businessmen I was told.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭theVersatile

Collison brothers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Collison brothers?
    That comes up a lot but theyve never been involved in rugby. In Nenagh where they spent their early years. In Limerick in a club or school in Castletroy.
    Dont see it as them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,338 ✭✭✭✭phog

JP McManus doesn't really give 2 figs about Munster rugby. He's a hurling man. He's helping out with the Rugby museum because its good for limerick . He has nothing to do with sponsoring the 2 Boks

I've no idea who is footing the bill for the Sth Africans but JP has been a benefactor to Munster Rugby before and might well be at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭theboss80

Latest squad update mentions Denis Logan - head of Athletic Development is headed back to the USA. Search for a new one begins. I liked the fact that they went for him in the first place with his background in NFL so wonder will they look "outside the box" again or someone with more of a rugby pedigree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

He does. He's helped Munster a lot before. Supports the province in different ways but i would agree he has little to do with covering either of the 2 SAs here

• Registered Users Posts: 8,608 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Rumours circulating over night that Declan Kidney is to make a Return to Munster from LI as JVG’s replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

I would be shocked if that ever progressed beyond the rumour stage. Not a hope Munster will have DK back unless it's in a non-coaching role.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭rayd3

Rumours circulating over night that Declan Kidney is to make a Return to Munster from LI as JVG’s replacement.

Trying to start an idiotic rumour you mean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

There's more chance of finding Shergar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Tomtom364

JVG
    Is
    Not
    Being
    Replaced

(not before Munster have a crack off this season at least, check back in January/February)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,488 ✭✭✭Paul Smeenus

Ohhh... cryptic. So this Jinbr is coming in? Never heard of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

genuinely more chance of Joe Schmidt coming in to replace VG than Kidney. London Irish are complete ****e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

Collison brothers?

There are lots of rumours, I heard it was one of the Pharmacy families, can’t remember Which but it was McCauleys or Mulligans

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭E mac

genuinely more chance of Joe Schmidt coming in to replace VG than Kidney. London Irish are complete ****e.

Isn't Joe Schmidt still in Ireland ? Fairly sure he was up to recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

E mac wrote: »
    Isn't Joe Schmidt still in Ireland ? Fairly sure he was up to recently.

So is Eddie O'Sullivan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭FACECUTTR

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    So is Eddie O'Sullivan

He's only up the road !!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 45 RedRaider0

Possible Munster A side?

1. Liam O'Connor
    2. Diarmuid Barron
    3. Keynan Knox
    4. Paddy Kelly