Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Team Talk Thread - New season title pending....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Then why are you posting the link? Stop.

He's not going to go away if you get outraged by his obvious outrage bait pieces. You're enabling it.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Surely a ban!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

Then why are you posting the link? Stop.

He's not going to go away if you get outraged by his obvious outrage bait pieces. You're enabling it.

True. I'm so irritated and I'm not even a Munster fan. I want other people to share in my collective rage at this excuse for a journalist.

Never has a positive thing to say.

troyzer wrote: »
    True. I'm so irritated and I'm not even a Munster fan. I want other people to share in my collective rage at this excuse for a journalist.

Do yourself a favour and block him on social media. Don't read it and you can't get irritated.
    Your reaction (angry attention) is exactly what he craves and what he makes his living on. There's a reason why the Indo continue to publish him, outrage media works. As an other example look at Trump's supporters and detractors in the US media, outrage bait is widespread.

Ew*n is not worth anyone's time. I don't mind the odd contrarian view from a writer but his agenda is long since established. I don't need to read any more of his articles in rugby, I know exactly how it will go. By spreading his work you become part of the problem not the solution.

Completely off topic but to sum up the above, here was a Ted Talk that discusses this. The key point is making someone feel rather than think sells more.

https://youtu.be/n2RCT6Li4UQ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Richie_Rich89

Good analysis by McKenna.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Good analysis by McKenna.

Bahahaha
    No

Completely off topic but to sum up the above, here was a Ted Talk that discusses this. The key point is making someone feel rather than think sells more.

https://youtu.be/n2RCT6Li4UQ

That's almost giving him too much credit don't you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭50HX

He's correct about the abuse dished out to foley and keatley

The rest is a bit wishy washy......re conway,carbery from Leinster the game and the backing it gets has evolved

It is nonsensical to thing that everything can stay at 2000 -2008 times

Most of what he writes is very argumentative ...whish is the core point of his articles

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Never has a positive thing to say and you're paying his wages sharing his work on internet sites. I'd never have known the article exists if you hadn't posted it here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

I want other people to share in my collective rage

This is the exact point of trolling. He's not the problem, you are.

This is the exact point of trolling. He's not the problem, you are.

Alright, sorry you feel that way. I'm not trying to troll.

That's almost giving him too much credit don't you think?

It's a tried and tested formula of getting attention and therefore making a living. He is laughing all the way to the bank with the outraged replies on Twitter. More attention = More clicks = More money.

You simply cannot allow yourself to be sucked in and fooled by this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭Jewelers

Do yourself a favour and block him on social media. Don't read it and you can't get irritated.
    Your reaction (angry attention) is exactly what he craves and what he makes his living on. There's a reason why the Indo continue to publish him, outrage media works. As an other example look at Trump's supporters and detractors in the US media, outrage bait is widespread.

Ew*n is not worth anyone's time. I don't mind the odd contrarian view from a writer but his agenda is long since established. I don't need to read any more of his articles in rugby, I know exactly how it will go. By spreading his work you become part of the problem not the solution.

it's you who has posted twice about him on same page ??

Jewelers wrote: »
    it's you who has posted twice about him on same page ??

Sure, but it is a discussion forum and I think it's important to point out a one trick columnist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭Jewelers

Sure, but it is a discussion forum and I think it's important to point out a one trick columnist.

why highlight it so ? who gives a **** about him ?

Jewelers wrote: »
    why highlight it so ? who gives a **** about him ?

I responded to a link that was posted previously and you'll notice I didn't quote nor post his name.

Who gives a **** about him is precisely the point I'm trying, perhaps poorly, to make.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭redmca2

Wishing Munster a win tomorrow. The result will not affect Connacht one way or the other.

Meanwhile it means an enormous amount to Edinburgh for them to beat Glasgow -- automatic qualification to the Champions Cup next year.

So, if Munster win and Glasgow lose, happy days for Munster with home SF!! :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

Connacht fan here. I come in peace! Just a quick question on tickets. Most Connacht fans are in the East Terrace but that seems to be sold out on ticketmaster. Do they hold back some tickets for sale in the van at the stadium? Also there doesn’t seem to be any student tickets available on the website. I assume these can be bought somewhere. Any idea where I can get them? Thanks in advance.

Redo91 wrote: »
    Connacht fan here. I come in peace! Just a quick question on tickets. Most Connacht fans are in the East Terrace but that seems to be sold out on ticketmaster. Do they hold back some tickets for sale in the van at the stadium? Also there doesn’t seem to be any student tickets available on the website. I assume these can be bought somewhere. Any idea where I can get them? Thanks in advance.

Usually not, but if you’re early and buy a north or south you can chance the east terrace.

Student tickets haven’t been a thing for Munster games in a long time, sometimes they’ve a small amount at the ground ticket office on game day but it’s not that many..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

I wonder if Goggin replacing Scannell this week is a re-think in what we are trying to do in midfield?

Or is it just a case of resting Scannell. He has played in 8 out of the last 10 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

He hates rugby and never misses a chance to have a dig. He'd be banned for trolling if he posted that ****e on here. Ignore him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭sioda

If there are north or south terrace tickets get one no problem and you'll be able to move to the east. See you there 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Alright, sorry you feel that way. I'm not trying to troll.

Looks like he got at least one reaction anyway. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jump_In_Jack

yerrahbah wrote: »
    I wonder if Goggin replacing Scannell this week is a re-think in what we are trying to do in midfield?

Or is it just a case of resting Scannell. He has played in 8 out of the last 10 games.

The latter I’d imagine.
    If Goggin hadn’t gotten injured early in the season it could have panned out differently, he was flying it, stood out consistently in a few games, then was out with injury and didn’t get a chance to play his way back into a starting spot.

I hope he shows something tonight that puts him back in contention for the knockouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

sioda wrote: »
    If there are north or south terrace tickets get one no problem and you'll be able to move to the east. See you there ðŸ˜
    Ah I was wondering if it would be possible to move across! You reckon it will be easily done? I’m due up in Limerick around 3 so being early should be no problem! :P

Ah I was wondering if it would be possible to move across! You reckon it will be easily done? I’m due up in Limerick around 3 so being early should be no problem! :P

Really easy, if you know anyone in the east just walk behind them heading up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭sioda

Yeah it's not going to be packed tonight. They may even close the North or south terrace if its quiet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭TCM

fryup wrote:
    i don't want a penny of my taxpayers money going to them, we should be promoting international sports

fryup wrote:
    i hate the GAA and everything they stand for >insular irish narrow mindedness

He hates rugby and never misses a chance to have a dig. He'd be banned for trolling if he posted that ****e on here. Ignore him.

I thought it was an excellent, incisive article.

Advertisement