Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Team Talk Thread - New season title pending....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,384 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

If we beat Treviso next week then Unless we catch a hungover Leinster in the semi we won't be in the final

Give it our best shot and then fresh start next Aug until the big guns come back after the world cup. We need big changes in our style of play

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Jewelers wrote: »
    beirne motm the lad who shouldnt play for ireland according to the gimps here

I'd love to know what the point of posts like this are. I mean this is a discussion forum, so I'd imagine people come here to discuss stuff. But when you post so abusively and condescendingly you discourage people from engaging in discussion with you. So what exactly is the point? Is there any chance at all that you might be able to post without the attitude? I'd love to see more and more people here that I can chat to about rugby, but this isn't the kind of behaviour I have any interest in engaging with. Theres no need for it and we'd all, yourself included, have a much better time here without it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 320 ✭✭WillieMason

ah dry up, amazing the hate for an irish player here

Bundee got a fair bit of abuse regarding the folou thing from the munster fans and players today it seemed to get to him a little. Glad he was taken off early pity munster wernt so passionate about drug cheats

• Registered Users Posts: 5,988 ✭✭✭leakyboots

What part of the stadium did you hear that?

Edit: what players too?

Just curious.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

ah dry up, amazing the hate for an irish player here

It’s not ‘hate’ for Christ’s sake. Beirne has shown enough that he may not be ready for the step up, and until he does he’s going to have a question mark over his head.

Who does Beirne play instead of for Ireland? Henderson? Ryan? Toner? None of them.

There’s no ‘hate’ whatsoever for Beirne. The **** that Kearney, Heaslip etc had to deal with, that was pure and utter hatred all because fans wanted their teams player to play. I’m delighted that both have gone on to be vindicated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Not much discussion on Conor Murray going down holding his neck after a collision in warm ups? Just a strain and precautionary according to Flannery during the game but the location of the injury has to be a real concern.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,681 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Buer wrote: »
    Not much discussion on Conor Murray going down holding his neck after a collision in warm ups? Just a strain and precautionary according to Flannery during the game but the location of the injury has to be a real concern.

Nobody really knows what is wrong probably best to wait til we hear more officially but it is concerning as it was something innocuous by all accounts

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Bundee got a fair bit of abuse regarding the folou thing from the munster fans and players today it seemed to get to him a little. Glad he was taken off early pity munster wernt so passionate about drug cheats

Hello Ewan Mackenna, how’re you?

Where in the stadium where you? In the east terrace zilch, same in the west(not personally but friends)

He got a few jeers for his back and forth with Calvin Nash during the game, but even that was good natured(and the two players embraced at half and full time!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭sioda

Was in the east terrace heard nothing some good craic with the connacht fans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Erik Shun

There was nothing anywhere...same post in more than one thread, best left ignored

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭moby2101

Seriously????
    Row G west stand
    Zero jeering or anything of that sort.
    Stupid comment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Richie_Rich89

Munster couldn't really have asked for an easier route to the final than Treviso in the quarters and then a Leinster team coming off the Heineken final in the semis. I would be surprised if they didn't make the final now. They only lost by a point in the semi last year and have improved since.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

What part of the stadium did you hear that?

And from what players?

"MUNSTER HATE PROJECT PLAYERS BUT HAVE CJ STANDER IN THEIR TEAM, DOES THEIR HYPOCRISY HAVE NO BOUNDS"?

Find out in a 20 page pull out in tomorrows rag of a paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

https://twitter.com/SportTG4/status/1122251472920555520

Great try, Cloete passes from the scrum half position, N.Scannell spreads it wide, Haley passes it on and immediately runs a great support line.
    Conway burns Copeland on the outside, Great pace and pass from POM and Haley finishes

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

His 'like' only came to light this week only after he clarified and apologized. The amount of people who knew about it and somehow decided to boo him for it would be close to non-existent.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

Eod100 wrote: »
    His 'like' only came to light this week only after he clarified and apologized. The amount of people who knew about it and somehow decided to boo him for it would be close to non-existent.

Not quite true. It was known before his tweet that he had liked it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

troyzer wrote: »
    Not quite true. It was known before his tweet that he had liked it.

Guess I meant by large numbers but it's hard to prove either way. My point was I find it very hard to believe that people would decide to abuse him over that tbh.

Guess I meant by large numbers but it's hard to prove either way. My point was I find it very hard to believe that people would decide to abuse him over that tbh.

I doubt there was any abuse. I think you have to give Bundee the benefit of the doubt even though it stinks a little bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Plenty of Munster people thought it was ok to abuse the English guy though. Wouldn't surprise me if one or two thought Aki deserved a bit of a boo.

That said, it didn't come across on tv

• Registered Users Posts: 5,988 ✭✭✭leakyboots

If Bundee was getting booed it's because of the (very successful) way he was winding up Calvin Nash with off the ball niggle and not handing him the ball after the whistle was blown.

He got warm applause going off from what I could see from our vantage point

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

leakyboots wrote: »
    If Bundee was getting booed it's because of the (very successful) way he was winding up Calvin Nash with off the ball niggle and not handing him the ball after the whistle was blown.

He got warm applause going off from what I could see from our vantage point

It was one poster that claimed it. I think this subject could be happily dropped now as it didn’t happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Done to death over the last few posts but can confirm, heard zero abuse towards Bundee in the East stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Suspectman123

Munster couldn't really have asked for an easier route to the final than Treviso in the quarters and then a Leinster team coming off the Heineken final in the semis. I would be surprised if they didn't make the final now. They only lost by a point in the semi last year and have improved since.

Ha ha ha...easy route, come on now
    I could see them struggling against Treviso and Leinster still half cut from winning the Champions cup still beat them last year
    Easy my eye

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Ha ha ha...easy route, come on now I could see them struggling against Treviso and Leinster still half cut from winning the Champions cup still beat them last year Easy my eye

Treviso is a very handy game as far as quarter finals go. Nobody sees them not winning it.

Leinster will be a big ask but it will be easier than last season when Leinster could change 6 starters after the European final. They simply don't have that depth now with the bare bones available in some positions. I would imagine there will be 3 or 4 changes at most (which will weaken the team) and Munster will really fancy their chances.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,597 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

Plenty of Munster people thought it was ok to abuse the English guy though. Wouldn't surprise me if one or two thought Aki deserved a bit of a boo.

The 'English guy' liked Folau's tweet and then doubled down on it. Aki liked the tweet, said it was a mistake and apologised for it. Are you saying those stances are comparable?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Richie_Rich89

aloooof wrote: »
    The 'English guy' liked Folau's tweet and then doubled down on it. Aki liked the tweet, said it was a mistake and apologised for it. Are you saying those stances are comparable?

Vunipola probably feels more secure in his position. Aki, as someone who hasn't lived here all his life, probably felt it was safer to distance himself from the tweets because he didn't want to put his job on the line and expose himself to racist abuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

I imagine we'll play our more regular game plan against Leinster this year too unlike last year where we were absolutely firing skip passes from everywhere (and often to everywhere as the accuracy wasn't there)

🤪

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    I imagine we'll play our more regular game plan against Leinster this year too unlike last year where we were absolutely firing skip passes from everywhere (and often to everywhere as the accuracy wasn't there)

Still have to beat Treviso....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

I know, I'm not taking that as a given. Treviso caused issues just weeks ago and will come to play again. But I was making a point in response to those talking about a potential Leinster semi final.

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,317 ✭✭✭✭phog

Never, ever miss a chance :rolleyes:

Advertisement