Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Team Talk Thread - New season title pending....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Murray 100% and good to go according to JVG. Was purely a precaution.

Carbery and Earls likely to be back in full training this week too and available for weekend.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,597 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

troyzer wrote: »
    Still have to beat Treviso....

It's not a given, but Munster are heavy, 15 point favourites justifiably. They've won every home game this season.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 320 ✭✭WillieMason

Eod100 wrote: »
    Guess I meant by large numbers but it's hard to prove either way. My point was I find it very hard to believe that people would decide to abuse him over that tbh.

Well i was in the west stand and heard it. A munster fan ran onto the field after a player over the tweet so it was risky by connacht to start him in my opinion.

Well i was in the west stand and heard it. A munster fan ran onto the field after a player over the tweet so it was risky by connacht to start him in my opinion.

And, once again, your opinion is nonsense.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

I was in the West terrace and heard nothing. So if anything was being shouted, it was one person and the noise didn't travel as far as the pitch. There was absolutely zero risk.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 320 ✭✭WillieMason

aloooof wrote: »
    And, once again, your opinion is nonsense.

How so? it could have been a PR disaster for Irish rugby if another munster fan ran onto to field to confront one of there players

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Great news to get those players back fit. I imagine Carbery comes straight back in with a view to bring match fit for the semi-final. I notice Wycherley is on the injury list, hopefully that's not serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Richie_Rich89

How so? it could have been a PR disaster for Irish rugby if another munster fan ran onto to field to confront one of there players

Hadn't thought of that angle. The bumbling way Munster addressed the issue of their fans running on to the pitch to racially abuse Vunipola could have emboldened other Munster supporters to do the same and confront Aki. Very concerning going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

When did racial abuse come into it? Encourage who?

None of this happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Erik Shun

2 wums don't make anything right
    ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Kirk Van Houten

Hadn't thought of that angle. The bumbling way Munster addressed the issue of their fans running on to the pitch to racially abuse Vunipola could have emboldened other Munster supporters to do the same and confront Aki. Very concerning going forward.
    Totally agree. It's very concerning going forward in the same way aliens visited the RDS last Friday night, Devin Toner brought peace to the middle East and other things that never happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Racial abuse? What in the world?
    Honestly have all the info journalists gotten boards accounts?..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

2zrjkx.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

It would be interesting to know who the person was that ran onto the pitch.

I read a comment on the Saracen's Forum by a Sarries fan who was at the match and sitting behind a 'Munster' supporter who was abusive and noisy at kicks etc. He said he spoke to him at half time and discovered he had an English accent and was a Wasps fan wearing a Munster jersey (who had come to the match to give Sarries some abuse!)

I was at the semi in Coventry in 2008 v. Saracens and came across quite a lot of London Irish supporters at the game, all supporting Munster.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

I knew someone would believe the press office's bull****!

From reading that it sounds like Jones will be retained with someone coming in above him. I'd be all for that. Felix is still only 31, he could learn a lot from a more senior figure.

From reading that it sounds like Jones will be retained with someone coming in above him. I'd be all for that. Felix is still only 31, he could learn a lot from a more senior figure.

Yeah, I wouldn't be opposed to keeping him on. It would be a bit harsh to cut him at 31 in such a junior role. He'd struggle to pick up work and he's young enough that he can learn.

Having said that, who is going to pay for an extra coach?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,317 ✭✭✭✭phog

Have the mods gone on holidays?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Mr Tickle

is Felix the attack coach or the backs coach?

• Advertisement

Mr Tickle wrote: »
    is Felix the attack coach or the backs coach?

Both.

Both.

Ah, Well if that's the case then i guess he'll still be the backs coach.
    The new attack coach will have a broader role with both backs and forwards.

Mr Tickle wrote: »
    Ah, Well if that's the case then i guess he'll still be the backs coach.
    The new attack coach will have a broader role with both backs and forwards.

Yeah, it's a good idea overall. But coaches don't come cheap and corners will probably have to be cut elsewhere.

Yeah, it's a good idea overall. But coaches don't come cheap and corners will probably have to be cut elsewhere.

all that money we saved by not paying for our own stadium. Plus we don't waste money on an expensive academy ;)

They come cheaper than players and it doesn't look like Munster will be signing any marquee players or filling all their NIQ allocation next season.

They come cheaper than players and it doesn't look like Munster will be signing any marquee players or filling all their NIQ allocation next season.

You would imagine that he's looking at a southern hemisphere coach though? I can't imagine they're cheap in a world cup year when everyone is looking to raid the south.

"Cutting corners" is a strange way to phrase it imo, but looking at the players in and out for next season may show where the room for this in the budget is coming from (lifted from Thomond's post).

2019/20 Movements:
    IN: Nick McCarthy (SH, Leinster)
    OUT: Mike Sherry (HK, Gloucester/TBC), Ian Keatley (FH, Benetton), Matt More (CT, South Africa), Jaco Taute (CT, Leicester Tigers), Ronan O'Mahony (WG, Retired), Stephen Fitzgerald (FB, Connacht)

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭E mac

Say a fair wad of cash was set aside to sign Handrè Pollard now that Montpellier fecked that up the money can be used for an attack coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Richie_Rich89

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Racial abuse? What in the world?
    Honestly have all the info journalists gotten boards accounts?..

I read on planet rugby forum that the term "brownie" was used amidst the abuse being shouted at Vunipola. I'm not sure whether this was by the pitch invader or by jeering fans in the stands. Uncorroborated, obviously - but I wouldn't be surprised if there was a racial element to the abuse.

• Advertisement

I read on planet rugby forum that the term "brownie" was used amidst the abuse being shouted at Vunipola. I'm not sure whether this was by the pitch invader or by jeering fans in the stands. Uncorroborated, obviously - but I wouldn't be surprised if there was a racial element to the abuse.

And I stopped reading after that.

Advertisement