Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Team Talk Thread - New season title pending....

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

I read on planet rugby forum that the term "brownie" was used amidst the abuse being shouted at Vunipola. I'm not sure whether this was by the pitch invader or by jeering fans in the stands. Uncorroborated, obviously - but I wouldn't be surprised if there was a racial element to the abuse.

All you're saying here is that you're happy to throw around accusations of racist abuse when you've absolutely zero evidence to suggest this happened at all. It says more about you than it does about Munster fans.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Bundee got a fair bit of abuse regarding the folou thing from the munster fans and players today it seemed to get to him a little. Glad he was taken off early pity munster wernt so passionate about drug cheats

Hard to believe that tbh. Can you say and/or substantiate what was allegedly said?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,800 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

I read on planet rugby forum that the term "brownie" was used amidst the abuse being shouted at Vunipola. I'm not sure whether this was by the pitch invader or by jeering fans in the stands. Uncorroborated, obviously - but I wouldn't be surprised if there was a racial element to the abuse.

Wouldn't be a surprise is a far cry from having evidence of same tbf

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Why are there so many trolls here?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,712 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

they have been ignored by regulars on the leinster forum... so theyre trying their luck here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

I wonder why ?

sydthebeat wrote: »
    they have been ignored by regulars on the leinster forum... so theyre trying their luck here

That's a bit sad and pathetic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

If you think someone is a troll, best to put them on ignore.

If you think someone is a troll, best to put them on ignore.

I wish people would understand the oxygen they give willingly to some of the nonsense here by legitimising it with engagement.

That's why the Internet is so chuck full of assh0les, no one takes them seriously in person but they garner so much attention online.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭mitresize5

I just added those two clowns to the ignore list but I still see them quoted in other peoples posts.

is that expected behavior?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,373 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

I refuse to believe that even a racist would use the term brownie.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,712 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

salmocab wrote: »

DONT GIVE THE TROLLS ANY OXYGEN.

that kind of stuff is pulled from someones hole for their own amusement... dont feed it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 320 ✭✭WillieMason

Thats shocking to hear but i cant say im surprised

salmocab wrote: »

You would be surprised the rubbish racist fans will shout in the heat of the moment. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Erik Shun

Unfortunately...it just reinforces my own opinions on this place, pity, once upon a time it was quite a pleasant place...those days are long since gone

Erik Shun wrote: »
    Unfortunately...it just reinforces my own opinions on this place, pity, once upon a time it was quite a pleasant place...those days are long since gone

thomond park??

Moving on, any idea when word on the few with contracts up will come out? Only few weeks left in season so must be soon

Eod100 wrote: »
    Moving on, any idea when word on the few with contracts up will come out? Only few weeks left in season so must be soon

Is it just Duncan Williams and James Hart left? Or did you mean with Felix and Fla?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Jump_In_Jack

aloooof wrote: »
    Is it just Duncan Williams and James Hart left? Or did you mean with Felix and Fla?

Dave O'Callaghan also. I hope they give him another year but perhaps that would be unlikely seeing his injury record.

Yup and DOC. Was thinking of they weren't staying it would be out pretty soon but should now either way soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭mitresize5

Munster had 48 contracts handed out this year, 3 more than the IRFU mandated maximum. They got a bit of lee way this year due to the injury situation at the start of the year but at a very minimum 3 more players will be leaving this year than join.

So we know two new players are joining, so thats 5 that have to go off the books at a minimum

Who is the second player Munster have signed? Ignoring academy promotions only Nick McCarthy has been added to the squad.

Keatley, Taute and Ronan O Mahony gone, off the top of my head so 3 gone already. Unless I'm leaving someone out.

Eod100 wrote: »
    Keatley, Taute and Ronan O Mahony gone, off the top of my head so 3 gone already. Unless I'm leaving someone out.

Here's the list of players out:
    (lifted from Thomond's post).

2019/20 Movements:
    IN: Nick McCarthy (SH, Leinster)
    OUT: Mike Sherry (HK, Gloucester/TBC), Ian Keatley (FH, Benetton), Matt More (CT, South Africa), Jaco Taute (CT, Leicester Tigers), Ronan O'Mahony (WG, Retired), Stephen Fitzgerald (FB, Connacht)

Here's the list of players out:

Forgot about Sherry and Fitzgerald. Not sure if More counts if he was academy but that's 5/6 players there straight away. I know Mathewson was extended til after rwc and with McCarthy coming would think either or both of Williams and Hart may be gone. Hart didn't really feature much all season so seems certain to be gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,134 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

In reality the only player there's a question about is Duncan. Hart and O'Callaghan already mooted to be going to France. Last time this came up on here there was a broad range of opinions on the matter of Williams.

For me, a senior player who's not injured and has got so little game time in a season (when we've had to sign and extend Alby as the gulf from Murray back to Williams and Hart was too big) should not be kept on the books, there's talent at 9 coming through the academy to fill any gaps and with McCarthy coming in we should be well covered.

Williams has barely played since Murray returned from injury. It would be odd to retain him now. Casey/Stafford and McCarthy are effectively replacing Williams and Hart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

Williams has barely played since Murray returned from injury. It would be odd to retain him now. Casey/Stafford and McCarthy are effectively replacing Williams and Hart.

He hasn't played since November.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Jump_In_Jack

We’re stacked at scrum-half,
    Murray, Mathewson, Cronin, McCarthy, plus 2 x academy year 3’s in Casey and Stafford,
    As well as a couple of players in the A squad.
    With Mathewson’s extension to November there was no need to hang on to Hart or Williams.
    Williams is almost certainly going to be retiring at the end of his contract, if he hasn’t already retired but not announced it officially.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,134 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

troyzer wrote: »
    He hasn't played since November.

He came on off the bench a few weeks ago and nearly scored a try? He also went to America with the A team. Not that I'm trying to make a case for him!

Advertisement