Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Team Talk Thread - New season title pending....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Munster's contribution to the JWC squad (out of 32 players):

Thomas Ahern (Shannon/Munster) *
    John Hodnett (UCC/Munster)
    Josh Wycherley (Young Munster/Munster)
    Craig Casey (Shannon/Munster) Vice-Captain
    Jake Flannery (Shannon/Munster)
    Sean French (Cork Constitution/Munster)
    Ben Healy (Garryowen/Munster)
    Jonathan Wren (Cork Constitution/Munster)

I assume those not already in the academy will be line to join next season.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

sydthebeat wrote: »

Penny was never put onto a second contract over the original 2 + 1 he was on.... therefore that was the "current" deal that was referred to.

if you have information to the contrary, please feel free to share.

Doesn't mean that he wasn't offered one though - which would at the time have become the "current deal".

You can interpret press reports several ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Penney got flack from everyone at Munster, including fans, press, ex player etc. Even Keith Wood who never really has a go at coaching staff was on "Off the Ball" on a regular basis giving out about him. Saying the style didn't suit Munster, he should revert back to the old way etc etc etc

All of the fans wanted Foley to take over and Penney was never given a proper chance.

Not sure why people are pointing at Penney? it was clear Munster and everyone involved wanted him out and Foley to take over

Similar to Matt O'Connor at Leinster....but the push for Leo wasn't the reason MOC got the boot. The day MOC made those comments about players away for 6 nations he should have just walked out the door.....also his kick the s**t out of the ball tactics would never last long

You talked to every Muster fan did you?

Or did you just make that up?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

yerrahbah wrote: »

Mood hoover. Popularist nonesense. SheffWed does it constantly. Good for a laugh but never to be taken even remotely seriously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

No just don't automatically believe what you read in the papers.

It lies, damned lies....

Even Penny was lying.....Henry Ford III is the only one telling the truth......

• Advertisement

I asked every fan

Every Munster* fan....so no confusion

• Subscribers Posts: 41,725 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Doesn't mean that he wasn't offered one though - which would at the time have become the "current deal".

You can interpret press reports several ways.

you literally said:
    Penney was actually offered an attractive new contract by Munster.

Munster CEO was quoted as saying offering an improved offer on his contract "wasnt considered"

you havent given any basis for your claims, yet you expect others to play linguistic gymnastics to suit your claims.

what you are then trying to do is rewrite history to suit some kind of agenda....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Erik Shun

you literally said:

Munster CEO was quoted as saying offering an improved offer on his contract "wasnt considered"

you havent given any basis for your claims, yet you expect others to play linguistic gymnastics to suit your claims.

what you are then trying to do is rewrite history to suit some kind of agenda....

As opposed to all the other "contributors" on here
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

5 of the 8 not from either of the major cities. Good spread with plenty from junior clubs across province is great to see
    Dungarvan and Waterpark
    Clonakilty
    Bantry Bay and Cistercian Roscrea
    Ard Scoil
    Kilfeacle and Rockwell
    PBC
    Nenagh and Glenstal
    PBC

Erik Shun wrote: »
    As opposed to all the other "contributors" on here
    :D

why so paranoid?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

I asked every fan

Every Munster* fan....so no confusion

My Dad wanted Penney to stay. But then, he always lies to those annoying people with clipboards...

you literally said:

I don't need to provide any basis for anything. What happened happened.

If you chose to automatically believe stuff from newspapers without even a thought that reports can be incorrect factually that's your prerogative, and also your failing.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Vinnie222

Penney got flack from everyone at Munster, including fans, press, ex player etc. Even Keith Wood who never really has a go at coaching staff was on "Off the Ball" on a regular basis giving out about him. Saying the style didn't suit Munster, he should revert back to the old way etc etc etc

All of the fans wanted Foley to take over and Penney was never given a proper chance.

Not sure why people are pointing at Penney? it was clear Munster and everyone involved wanted him out and Foley to take over

Similar to Matt O'Connor at Leinster....but the push for Leo wasn't the reason MOC got the boot. The day MOC made those comments about players away for 6 nations he should have just walked out the door.....also his kick the s**t out of the ball tactics would never last long

All the fans wanted Foley I think not 😊. I agree with everything else

Anyway back to the present and the future.
    Some really talented players in there.
    Hopefully get to see them in red jerseys sooner rather than later

If you chose to automatically believe stuff from newspapers without even a thought that reports can be incorrect factually that's your prerogative, and also your failing.

I think best description would be

Popularist nonesense. SheffWed Henry Ford III does it constantly. Good for a laugh but never to be taken even remotely seriously

Sorry for plagiarism

When are we gonna decide title for the thread?

Munster Team Talk Thread VII: Fla away with me Felix.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Mr Tickle

When are we gonna decide title for the thread?

Munster Team Talk Thread VII: Fla away with me Felix.

I was thinking about this. was "better call Maul" used in the past?

angry man shouts at clouds :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Mr Tickle wrote: »
    I was thinking about this. was "better call Maul" used in the past?

I love it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭jm08

From what I recall, Penney had verbally agreed to remain for another year then changed his mind. Simon Mannix not getting the 3rd year was a big issue with Penney as far as I can recall as well. But the 3 year contract in Japan (for working a couple of months every year) was very attractive.

Personally, I would have liked Penney to have stayed a bit longer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭jmn51927

French papers reporting Mike Prendergast joining munster next year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭shootermacg

That'd be a super signing. He's an attack / backs coach, so where would that leave Rob Howley?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Donald Trumped

jmn51927 wrote: »

If you can give us a link in relation to where this info is coming from, then that would be brilliant. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,707 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

jmn51927 wrote: »

They were reporting last week that he was to be joining Racing, and not long before that he was supposed to be going to Toulon.

They were reporting last week that he was to be joining Racing, and not long before that he was supposed to be going to Toulon.

ROG said if he was going to La Rochelle it would be as head coach so expect him to get linked to La Rochelle next week :p

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭jmn51927

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Makes sense. He has done well and despite Grenoble being a poor team, their attack was generally always incisive and entertaining. Good PR move too to bring in a former Munster player and one that has earned his stripes elsewhere.

The only question mark for me would be him moving to his third team in three years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Donald Trumped

It appears that Stephen Larkham is a major contender to become Munster's backs/attack coach according to the Indo's Cian Tracey. My message to Munster Rugby is this. Please make this happen!!!!!!

The link regarding this news is below.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/munster-rugby/munster-talk-to-australia-legend-stephen-larkham-over-backs-coach-vacancy-38116787.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Forget about coaching. Organise a few limb transplants and get him back playing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Forget about coaching. Organise a few limb transplants and get him back playing!

Larkham but with John Hayes’ legs and Paul O’Connell’s arms

Advertisement