Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Team Talk Thread - New season title pending....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    I think it was the same poster who had this discussed on the Munster thread last year.......its the same argument been used now as it was last time....

The deal is based on how many jerseys the company can sell. So buying knock off's mean that next time Munster try to negotiate they get less money. He/She posted the same stupid things about Lifestyle the last time as well.

Mr Mclove knows this already but anytime a jersey is mentioned on thread is fires up the same thing.....

Ooh someone has been doing their homework. You'd hope that with customers voting with their wallet that they would reduce the price of jerseys and/or not renew deal with Lifestyle Sports.

Everyone in the office I work in bought a knock off last year, and multiple ones, better value for money.

Met loads of people that have decided to vote with their wallet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

Mc Love wrote: »
    Ooh someone has been doing their homework. You'd hope that with customers voting with their wallet that they would reduce the price of jerseys and/or not renew deal with Lifestyle Sports.

Everyone in the office I work in bought a knock off last year, and multiple ones, better value for money.

Met loads of people that have decided to vote with their wallet.

What are you/they contributing to by buying those jerseys? Why bother like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,134 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I think the necks will be fine, it just doesn't help that the pics are of two skinny lads with long necks.

Wycherley is in the Instagram pics. Definitely not skinny, and I don't think it looks good on him.

phog wrote: »
    What are you/they contributing to by buying those jerseys? Why bother like?

Because they want to wear the current strip and not pay the exorbitant prices. The knock offs are that good that the average supporter wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

Surely you can see that pov?

Caranica wrote: »
    Wycherley is in the Instagram pics. Definitely not skinny, and I don't think it looks good on him.

D7J4Jx5XYAUxmrW.jpg

• Advertisement

Because they want to wear the current strip and not pay the exorbitant prices. The knock offs are that good that the average supporter wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

Not really - as a fan if I want to wear a club's merchandise I do so to contribute to the club.

I don't do touts, don't buy scarf or hats from street sellers and I don't buy knock down merchandise - as a fan why would I bother.

Not really - as a fan if I want to wear a club's merchandise I do so to contribute to the club.

I don't do touts, don't buy scarf or hats from street sellers and I don't buy knock down merchandise - as a fan why would I bother.

Great if the money is going to the club whereas its not directly going to the club is it? It's going to Lifestyle since they've decided to outsource their retail side of things to it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

Great if the money is going to the club whereas its not directly going to the club is it? It's going to Lifestyle since they've decided to outsource their retail side of things to it.

But it is indirectly going to the club, it's been explained above.

If you want to wear a knock-off kit fair enough, it's not for me, but go ahead. But at least be honest enough to admit that it's to the detriment of the club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

This is the exact same tripe you came out with last time....

It was explained last time to you Lifestyle have nothing to do with it. They get a margin for selling but it is small.

The big winners are Munster and Adidas.....

You are trying this time to claim you work in an office :p that's a new one to your arguement.

I work in office, fans from all over Ireland. None of them would be seen dead in a knock off jersey. You get all sorts including the retro jerseys which are really in.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

The amount of money Lifestyle give Munster for that privilege is judged by the amount of jerseys sold.

So by buying knock offs you are reducing the bargaining power and money Munster will earn

• Advertisement

That POV is silly and a bit clueless to be honest

If you want to support the club then buy the jersey. Or buy the previous years jersey. Buying knock off cr*p is in no way helping the club.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Mr Tickle

It would be nice if they'd do a retro-style one for the fans. A cotton (ideally long sleeve) version is more comfortable to wear for longer, doesn't start to smell as quickly and is warmer if you're standing on a terrace for a couple of hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭shootermacg

That POV is silly and a bit clueless to be honest

If you want to support the club then buy the jersey. Or buy the previous years jersey. Buying knock off cr*p is in no way helping the club.....

There are pages dedicated to this, please.....not again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Mr Tickle wrote: »
    It would be nice if they'd do a retro-style one for the fans. A cotton (ideally long sleeve) version is more comfortable to wear for longer, doesn't start to smell as quickly and is warmer if you're standing on a terrace for a couple of hours.

I'm not mad on long sleeves, but personally I'd love a version of the ~2000/01 jersey, with a proper collar.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Actually it's mostly going to Adidas. Lifestyle have paid MR a large sum of money for the deal, so it's not as if MR aren't getting anything out of it.

aloooof wrote: »
    I'm not mad on long sleeves, but personally I'd love a version of the ~2000/01 jersey, with a proper collar.

Yeah the sleeves are a personal preference but i think there's something to be said for looking at the different needs of the fans vs the players.

Yeah the sleeves are a personal preference but i think there's something to be said for looking at the different needs of the fans vs the players.

Hard to disagree with that after I got a gift of a player-fit 2016 red one with white collar a few years ago! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Erik Shun

ie....for fat barstewards :D

But there is definitely a market for a few retro jerseys to be launched also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Adidas don't really put much work into the jersey, probably costs 50 cents to make as well. I miss the stitched crest, bloody least they could do for the price they charge.

• Advertisement

Erik Shun wrote: »
    ie....for fat barstewards :D

But there is definitely a market for a few retro jerseys to be launched also

Even something along the lines of this:
    https://www.lifestylesports.com/ie/adult-ireland-ls-home-classic-jersey-57819130.html

That's not a great shirt but you could do something to that effect that echos the style of the players shirt. Maybe with the stripes on the shoulders or something.

This is the exact same tripe you came out with last time....

It was explained last time to you Lifestyle have nothing to do with it. They get a margin for selling but it is small.

The big winners are Munster and Adidas.....

You are trying this time to claim you work in an office :p that's a new one to your arguement.

I work in office, fans from all over Ireland. None of them would be seen dead in a knock off jersey. You get all sorts including the retro jerseys which are really in.....

You should really do comedy. I do work in an office, and I got a number of inquiries from this forum and other forums this time last year as to how to avail of said prices for the jersey, whether or not this was followed up on, I dont know so I'm not alone in buying a knock off.

As you know Lifestyle have a lot to do with it and in fact one of the posts below state that Adidas are the big winners out of it considering how much it costs to be made.

Like I said previously the quality of these knock-offs are as good as if not even better than the official ones.
    But it is indirectly going to the club, it's been explained above.

If you want to wear a knock-off kit fair enough, it's not for me, but go ahead. But at least be honest enough to admit that it's to the detriment of the club.

Honestly I'm sure the club will be fine if people decide not to buy the official one and the little they make off it after Lifestyle, Adidas get their cut etc. There is other merchandise, like training gear etc that cant be bought elsewhere which I'll have to buy from LS if I dont like something.
    The amount of money Lifestyle give Munster for that privilege is judged by the amount of jerseys sold.

So by buying knock offs you are reducing the bargaining power and money Munster will earn

Surely LS have that money upfront as part of the deal of being exclusive to Munster.
    Actually it's mostly going to Adidas. Lifestyle have paid MR a large sum of money for the deal, so it's not as if MR aren't getting anything out of it.

See ^^^^ money is already in the hands of MR. It would only impact the club if they chose to renew the deal, which I hope they dont.
    There are pages dedicated to this, please.....not again!

Sorry Shooter. I'll stop now, although the comic responses from Shefwedfan are too good. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

So which one is the forwards coach and which one is the backs coach?

They both seem fine, will need to see them in person before making a judgement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,708 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Adidas don't really put much work into the jersey, probably costs 50 cents to make as well. I miss the stitched crest, bloody least they could do for the price they charge.

The screen printing stuff is awful, looks cheap and tacky compared to the stitching.

You should really do comedy. I do work in an office,

McLove office

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-nZSaxC0YCuF7Uz-Ro4yMOLKtB2arOhplLsy1Kp2wIaKpzn8CKg

Surely LS have that money upfront as part of the deal of being exclusive to Munster.

Yes. And if enough people buy knock-offs instead of the legit jersey, next time there'll be less money up front.

But then you know this, and are trying to justify it anyways.

McLove office

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-nZSaxC0YCuF7Uz-Ro4yMOLKtB2arOhplLsy1Kp2wIaKpzn8CKg

Funny
    Yes. And if enough people buy knock-offs instead of the legit jersey, next time there'll be less money up front.

But then you know this, and are trying to justify it anyways.

True I do know it, and have said so, I dont think having an exclusive monopoly on who retails Munster Merchandise is a good idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

Prendergast to Racing so he won't be in Munster anytime soon.

Do you know the exact details of the Lifestyle deal with Munster rugby?

• Advertisement

Do you know the exact details of the Lifestyle deal with Munster rugby?

This has been done before with the same poster if memory is correct. It will go on and on and on.....better off ignore it.

Next time someone mentions the cost of a jersey etc, same poster will come on with same posts and start it all again......

From old Munster Superthread
    Except they're not crappy knock offs. The quality of the jersey is the same as the ****e adidas give us, plus the crest and logo are sewn on as opposed to just printed on and we're expected to pay extra for those?

Personal decision though if you want to throw your money to Lifestyle. Munster has their money already, from the deal with lifestyle.

Take a stab which poster said the above :p in September 2018

Advertisement