Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Team Talk Thread - New season title pending....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Donald Trumped

troyzer wrote: »
    Prendergast to Racing so he won't be in Munster anytime soon.

Where are you hearing this news troyzer? Has this news been confirmed? If so, does that increase the chances of Rob Howley or Stephen Larkham getting the Munster backs and skills gig then? Or is there someone else being lined up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Where are you hearing this news troyzer? Has this news been confirmed? If so, does that increase the chances of Rob Howley or Stephen Larkham getting the Munster backs and skills gig then? Or is there someone else being lined up?

Larkham is waiting for the Wallabies job, he aint going anywhere near Munster or any European team.

They created a job in ARU so they could hold onto him till after the WC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Create Noise.

That's all I've seen today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭padraig.od

Graham Rowntree spotted knocking around Limerick with Niall O'Donovan this morning...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

Look like Wooton underwent some sort of knee surgery today according to instagram

Hopefully hes back in time for pre-season, when we will be missing Earls and possibly Conway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,134 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

yerrahbah wrote: »
    Look like Wooton underwent some sort of knee surgery today according to instagram

Hopefully hes back in time for pre-season, when we will be missing Earls and possibly Conway.

One of the captions refers to a tendon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Knee surgery, that's crap news. If it's serious he may not be back until 2020.

padraig.od wrote: »
    Graham Rowntree spotted knocking around Limerick with Niall O'Donovan this morning...

https://www.the42.ie/graham-rowntree-munster-england-4647718-May2019/

I wonder does the42 read boards:D ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,868 ✭✭✭budhabob

padraig.od wrote: »

Very decent CV, at least we're looking for well established proven coaches if all the noises are correct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,175 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

You can't fault the provinces for the calibre of coaches they're going after. Lancaster, McBride and Contepomi all have a lot of test level coaching experience as does Rowntree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

budhabob wrote: »
    Very decent CV, at least we're looking for well established proven coaches if all the noises are correct.

Create the Noise

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Can the Noise be kept down today?
    Had a few drinks after work last night.

https://twitter.com/eirSport/status/1131627821250387968

Congrats to Peter O'Mahony on making the Pro 14 team of the season.

yerrahbah wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/eirSport/status/1131627821250387968

Congrats to Peter O'Mahony on making the Pro 14 team of the season.

Peter was half minding himself all season. He was screwed out of his last World Cup and I can't blame him. He'll be a monster in Japan just like he was in November.

He's going to need a lot of the credit in his bank however. He has gone missing a bit at bad times in some bigger games of late.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

New Munster jerseys are out on 21st June, for anyone wondering/pre-ordering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

Nucifora on Fla and Felix leaving and their replacements
    “We would have been happy if they would have stayed and we would have worked hard with them to keep improving. Now we’ve just got an opportunity to bring in some really good experienced coaches to support Johann and the team because there’s a good playing group down in Munster and I think that we can get them to that next level if we all make the right choices with the coaches.”

Anything less will be a disaster for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

Nagle to Zebre
    Zebre Rugby 🦓

@ZebreRugby

💣💥 Cork born 🇮🇪 lock @iannagle joins Italian side 🇮🇹 Zebre #Rugby from @UlsterRugby 📑🖋️

He started #rugby @Munsterrugby, back in Ireland @leinsterrugby after 🎓@Cambridge_Uni

🎙️ "🦓 have ambitious plans that I am excited to be a part of!"

Read all➡️https://www.zebrerugbyclub.it/la-seconda-linea-irlandese-ian-nagle-va-a-rinforzare-il-pack-delle-

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

phog wrote: »
    Nagle to Zebre

Meh, he had a lot of promise but never amounted to a whole hill of beans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Peter was half minding himself all season. He was screwed out of his last World Cup and I can't blame him. He'll be a monster in Japan just like he was in November.

He's going to need a lot of the credit in his bank however. He has gone missing a bit at bad times in some bigger games of late.

I'm not sure he has been minding himself. I think he's just a bit f*cking wrecked at this point. I was surprised when I saw him nominated as most front line Irish players aren't eligible due to not having been involved in enough games. POM has started 11 Pro14 games this season...the most he has started since he was 21/22.

The bloke's showings have definitely tapered off towards the end of the season but, in his defence, he has started 29 matches between Ireland and Munster in less than 12 months. The body might be still grand but that has to leave a player mentally jaded eventually.

I'm surprised he was allowed play so much rugby leading into the RWC, to be honest, although I'm sure they've far more data to work off than we do.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭jm08

From reading ROG's column in the examiner, it looks like Garett Fitzgerald is retiring. That will be a major upheaval for Munster. Is John Kelly still the heir apparent?

https://munsterrugby.ie/2016/02/16/podcast-professional-game-board-chairman-john-kelly/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

jm08 wrote: »
    From reading ROG's column in the examiner, it looks like Garett Fitzgerald is retiring. That will be a major upheaval for Munster. Is John Kelly still the heir apparent?

https://munsterrugby.ie/2016/02/16/podcast-professional-game-board-chairman-john-kelly/

In reality he's been gone from the job since last summer. No job is more important than your health, so hopefully he makes a full recovery from whatever suffering from.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Indeed. Philip Quinn has been the acting CEO since before this season started. I would imagine the upheaval will be completely minimised at this point unless they decide to appoint someone else and start afresh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Doesn't even have the guts to apologise in person, has his editor do it for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Donald Trumped

It's official. The Sunday Independent is finished as a reputable news source of media. Well done Sindo on that "top accolade".

From a rugby point of view, whoever is the editor of that paper, has to ask some very serious questions about not raising any red flags about last week's article from NF. I think that both the editor and Francis need to be removed from their positions as a matter of urgency. If they don't act then it would be a damning indictment on print media and indeed the mainstream media in general.

Lets just say that many Munster rugby fans (myself included) won't be in a rush to by the Sindo or Indo anytime soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,374 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

It's official. The Sunday Independent is finished as a reputable news source of media. Well done Sindo on that "top accolade".

From a rugby point of view, whoever is the editor of that paper, has to ask some very serious questions about not raising any red flags about last week's article from NF. I think that both the editor and Francis need to be removed from their positions as a matter of urgency. If they don't act then it would be a damning indictment on print media and indeed the mainstream media in general.

Lets just say that many Munster rugby fans (myself included) won't be in a rush to by the Sindo or Indo anytime soon.

I think your over reacting, the indo has long been a rag. Francis is a fool and people regularly laugh at his nonsense and don’t take anything he says as fact.

No advertisement is bad advertisement, I doubt anyone at the Indo really cares

In regards to Francis, his wiki used to be a lot better but it’s cut back now. But I think you get the gist of it

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neil_Francis_(rugby_union)

It’s funny that anyone in Munster actually cares....nobody in the rest of the country reads Francis for a laugh

• Advertisement

Previous version here

https://media.balls.ie/uploads/2013/05/Neil-Francis.png

Other versions have been floating around as well.....

Advertisement