Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Team Talk Thread - New season title pending....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,534 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

I bet everyone noticed the improvement in Munster since Ryan returned.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

Agreed re Ryan being so key. But the experience that RS and JW are getting is so important to their development.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Beirne over the top of a player that was clearly sealing off. Same as the end of the first half but whoever chirped in his ear then didn't do it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

Great effort by Munster against a highly motivated Toulouse. They are unrecognisable from the team that started the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭Shehal

Why didnt Toulouse kick the ball out at the end? It would make no difference if they scored but if we turned it over we'd have a chance of winning which would have screwed Toulouse over?

• Advertisement

Obviously disappointing we lost after being in a promising position but a another promising performance, keep going on this trajectory and we should fear noone in the KO stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Great effort and definitely positive

Would we want a Saracens win and play them instead of a horrible trip down to South Afica

Lot of positives to take from that. The pack really stood up, Fekitoa was exactly what was wanted of him.

One of these big games will land the right way for them at some stage, bit more luck on the day is needed.

Management need huge credit also.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭letowski

Fekitoa really made a difference to our attacking play. I’ve said it before, but having a proper strikerunner in midfield just helps so much in getting front foot ball. I think we need to start getting him back in the starting team imo. When it was Carbery/Crowley/Frisch, things just look too lateral. Crowley to battle Carbery for the 10 shirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Given how the Leinster/Ire scrum is struggling losing J Ryan is a major blunder by the irfu.

When does Ryan's contract finish in Super rugby as right now you would be parachuting him back in for the WC. Furlong has looked vulnerable in the scrum of late and Sheehan while a great player still has to convince in the scrum. Simetimes teams are targeting his height and getting under him.

Very impressive overall from Munster. They look like a threat now with ball in hand out wide. Hodnett and Kindellan are looking really good but POM is still so key especially with the lineout.

Good game to watch.

Who are Munster meeting now?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

JW??

Wrong side of the scrum. I guess you mean Knox. I agree that one of the tight heads had to go.

Given the age profile one senior prop and two developing props made sense.

RS and Knox would have gotten their development chance if Archer was let go and Ryan was kept imo.

It was probably a budget thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Vinnie222

• Registered Users Posts: 24,285 ✭✭✭✭phog

After a terrible start that turned out to be a great game and I really thought we'd win it not that it would have made a difference in the table. Thought the YC was harsh but again you put yourself in that position and it's a lottery. Beirne and Hodnett put in some shift.

I thought we needed to move away from the keep ball to kicking a few, they were in our faces and passes ended up being forced or dropped.

Didn't really see this at the time. I think they were lucky it went without a review

• Registered Users Posts: 4,490 ✭✭✭sioda

Jesus that's the coldest Munster game I've been at for a while.

John Ryan and John Hodnett stand out players for me.

Surprised we didn't contest more of the lineout tbh as I think we could have got more from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Going down to the end in terms of who we'll be playing

Definitely better to play in England than South Africa

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,777 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

The TMO does review a lot of things that aren't brought to the ref's attention. That's why they are often calling the ref a good bit after the play - they are reviewing it first. If they decide there is no need for a ref check, then nothing is said, but that doesn't mean it wasn't reviewed.

For what its worth, to me that's (Toulouse) head on (Munster) sternum - stupid idea but play on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭ulsteru20s

Munster had no right to be in that game given the disparity in the pack in terms of power, and especially the benches.

Great performance. Munster will be dangerous if they get guys fit for the knockouts. Add Snynam, Ahern, Edogbo into 23s for them and they will be a tough out.

• Advertisement

I wondered this when i saw the replay. Given how they went at lengths to get Healy off the field.

Arnold is a flat track bully. Had a no arms on Carbery after that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,082 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Was at a Toulouse v Leinster game in a December many years ago, couldn't believe how cold it was.

• Administrators Posts: 53,765 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Munster can hold their heads high after that.

And I mean that in the non-patronising way. That wasn’t a plucky defeat, that was a team that could easily have won.

The Munster try in the second half was the sort of try Munster teams of old would not have scored. Offloading before contact, not afraid to move the ball. Not trying to run over players for 80 mins.

I think you’re going places.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,774 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Is it away from Edinburgh if they beat Saracens by 11 or more? Would be lot handier draw than Saracens or Sharks

A try for Edinburgh would mean Edinburgh in the QF.

We're off to SA for the last 16, worst possible outcome

Not great but despite their talent the Sharks havent been great this year, a full strength Munster side would have every chance down there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Great for the competition..a full strength Munster going to the Sharks.

That should bring a big crowd out there and no doubt plenty of Munster fans will be glad to head to Durban.

That's twice in the same month Munster will have to travel to SA, pity the URC games didn't align with their trip for last 16 in the CC.

We play Glasgow the weekend before our first trip to SA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,082 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Thought Munster were the better side for large parts of that game and probably deserved more. The missed kicks were obviously crucial, and thought Toulouse were very disappointing when they got into the Munster 22, they looked like they were coached by circa 2019 Joe Schmidt, just went super direct which Munster could deal with well enough.

Advertisement