Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Team Talk Thread - New season title pending....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭bingobango12

Leinster supporter here. Where does Murray sit in the eyes of Munster supporters? Starter or on the bench with Casey starting?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,597 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

Pre-6 Nations, I'd have very much been in the Casey camp, but I think it's a lot closer now after Murray's performances during the 6 Nations. (Casey's deservedly gotten his first starts in Europe this season).

Personally still think I'd favour Casey, I think he suits our style better, but I'd have no qualms if Murray gets the nod either.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,317 ✭✭✭✭phog

I see it as we having 3 good ones, start one, bench the other and the 3rd puts pressure on those two to try stay ahead of him.

Crunch match tomorrow? I'd start Murray.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Limerick playing Tipperary in the Gaelic Grounds at 7.30pm Saturday evening in the hurling league semi final so Limerick could be busy Saturday night.

Takes from the attendance at TP too, I thought they'd schedule this for Sunday as both venues are close to each other and traffic will be crazy.

• Advertisement

Yeah seems daft that they're on the same evening from both an attendance and traffic perspective. Apparently Nowlan park not having floodlights meant the Cork match had to be during the day Sunday instead. Traffic was woeful last time coming from a Munster match in TP, so bad that it took nearly an hour and a half to get on Cork road and that was with leaving early.

They had the junction of Sarsfield St & O'Connell St down to one lane, traffic backlogged in all directions because of it.

It was hell on earth for the duration of those roadworks, similar at junction of Roches St & O'Connell St

Edit- the toll booths at the tunnel seem to take a fraction longer to read the toll tags, accept coins or read cards than any other toll booths that I use, this doesn't help when traffic is busy.

Barnes will be reffing the Sharks match

• Registered Users Posts: 9,229 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Has any season ticket holder successfully applied for the free Junior tickets for this weekends game? JNRFREE not working, tried FAM1FREE and FAM2FREE also but as I am a terrace ticket holder I wasn't expecting the last 2 to work

Team out: Mike Haley; Calvin Nash, Malakai Fekitoa, Jack Crowley, Shane Daly; Joey Carbery, Paddy Patterson; Dave Kilcoyne, Diarmuid Barron, Roman Salanoa; Jean Kleyn, Fineen Wycherley; Jack O’Donoghue (C), John Hodnett, Gavin Coombes.

Replacements: Scott Buckley, Josh Wycherley, Stephen Archer, RG Snyman, Alex Kendellen, Craig Casey, Rory Scannell, Simon Zebo.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Anyone driving to the game tomorrow, park in the city. There are massive road closures around the Ennis Road and Shelbourne Rd area from 4pm due the GAA game.

Great to see Haley back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,006 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Is Frisch injured?

Yes unavailable due to a low-grade leg injury, but is expected to return to training next week.

Yes, mentioned in the press release naming the team

In player news, Antoine Frisch was unavailable due to a low-grade leg injury, but is expected to return to training next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

How often has Fekitoa played 13?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,594 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭oppiuy

I did but had to ring the ticket office.. those codes have rarely worked for me.. I think they have to be used at least 48 hours before kick off or something but it's hard think that far ahead with Kids 😃

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

Not a great opening quarter from Munster. Glasgow are quite composed and happy to trust their systems and wait for mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭UAEguy2020

It would be nice if Munster could wake up before the game is out of sight. Really really poor so far…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Munsters defence has been very passive today. Weak around the fringes of the ruck and look tentative when actually making the hit.

Honestly at this point Munster might as well have just stayed in the changing room, offering absolutely nothing other than conceding penalties and knock in’s left right and center…what made them think this performance would be anywhere even close to being enough? 19-0 to Glasgow now and totally deserved.

Did the Munster XV join the Ireland squad on their bender during the week? I could live with afew mistakes over 10 mins or so but this has just been 33 mins of mistakes and very little redeeming quality…

Munster finally get an attack and then shocker Munster knock on.

Probably the worst performance of the entire season for Munster, the only thing they’ve been good at is dropping the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,218 ✭✭✭A-Train

What a cracking try from Glasgow.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

I do think Munster will eventually come back into it. The one time they managed to keep possession they looked dangerous. But the set piece has been messy. They're conceding penalties every scrum. The backrow hasn't been in the game at all. They're unable to slow Glasgow.

There's been no fluidity in midfield either. Carbery, Crowley and Fekitoa have struggled badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Absolute scutter today.

And 4th try for Glasgow.

Honestly these Munster players should be absolutely ashamed of themselves after that, it’s almost like a training run for Glasgow they almost are walking around the field as there is no intensity from Munster whatsoever, they won’t have an easier game this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭bingobango12

Fantastic Glasgow try. Munster asleep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Lil Fred

Rowntree out of his depth at head coach. Should be sacked

Advertisement