Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Team Talk Thread - New season title pending....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

• Registered Users Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

What a snorefest of a game!! Who on earth picked this date and time right in middle of 6 nations opening weekend!! It must be the largest crowd in history for 2 B teams battling out a friendly...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jump_In_Jack

Carbery has looked really good going forward, best I’ve seen him play in years, a few tasty sidesteps and breaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jump_In_Jack

Eh, have you seen the 6Nations match? Wales have been dire. The Munster match has been far more entertaining, I have both on. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Yes and that match is woeful. Wales so so bad at home

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,314 ✭✭✭✭phog

What's worse than having a tiny big screen in PuC, having none. No replays available.

Enjoyable enough first half, left two tries behind us and missing the first tackle allowed them get a handy enough try to make it a one score game

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭theVersatile

Thought Ryan Crotty was inevitably going to score under the posts there for a while!

SUAF

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mun1

Champions of the world !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Formally confirmed as the greatest rugby club on the planet.

But perhaps even more important than that, a great night at the office for Carbery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,046 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

On the road back to Limerick. It was a poor enough game with pretty much no atmosphere.

And how they can put on such a big event and not have even one big screen somewhere is beyond me.

Still it was a good run out for a few fringe players and good minutes in the bank for Carbery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Quitelife

A great crowd in fairness , a lot to be said for playing in front of 45000 in PUC for champions cup matchs , Cork has a far bigger population and stadium and more of the players are from Lee side .

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Vinnie222

• Registered Users Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭StevenToast

On paper when I first heard about this fixture, it sounded really exciting...

..the reality was a completely meaningless game between 2 3rd teams....

I tuned in for the novelty factor...quickly turned back on the 6 nations...

Fair play to the 40 odd thousand who turned up..a nice money spinner...

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mun1

Atmospehere was very poor. Cup presentation at the end was in front of an empty stadium.

Wasn’t flowing game of rugby , but in fairness players seemed to enjoy the occasion.

Awful that Okeke was only sent on at 81 mins , about a minute before the end of the game.

Still Munster Rugby got some decent money out of the Cork public for once, so thats not a bad outcome. Spend it on a couple of houses on limerick for new signings or a lick of paint in thomond park

Enjoyable game, poor atmosphere and no big screen, MR and Cork GAA really need to do better wrt the big screen, a joke that you can't see the TMO reviews at least.

It could well have ended in a draw and it was a horrible way for Crusaders to lose but we should have a few more points on the board.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Ruginator

Reflecting post match, hard to see how sustainable these games are going to be long term when its really just second string outfits. The novelty of playing down the Pairc will only last so long. If the next game was another friendly I think I'd be slow to go to be honest.

Fine stadium but no screen for replays takes from the match.

Very poor atmosphere and was in essence a glorified pre season friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭oppiuy

First time in the stadium and it's a fine one but bloody hell that's some walk to get to it..

So I think going forward these PUC events will need to be a touring nation or a Heino game of some description. You could sense a lot less energy in the crowd tonight, relative to the SA game, and it'll be a hard task to get a crowd that size again for a touring club essentially in preseason.

• Advertisement

I wonder is the last 16 of the ERCC the match to target getting there at least you have some lead time to sell the tickets.

Could be an option yeah. Several months notice even if the spot isn't guaranteed until January.

Money talks of course. I'd love to know what the "loss" is in real terms to the IRFU, PUC vs Aviva.

The former likely sells out, 45k. But you have the fee to the GAA.

The latter probably gets a similar, possibly smaller crowd, with no rental cost.

Massive goodwill in the Cork fanbase needs to also be factored in. How would Limerick-based fans feel about traveling to Cork vs Dublin (assuming the IRFU would definitely move it from Thomond)?

Money talks, sell 40k tickets for PuC v 26k tickets for Thomond, though, I think the corporate area im Limerick is better than PuC

The view from the North Stand (two different games/locations) is equal or better than I've had in the Aviva.

If not using Thomond I'd prefer to use PuC

Two issues- the difficulty in getting to the stadium and no large screen/s

• Registered Users Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭ulsteru20s

Regardless of everything else, they must have made like 500k from this which is at the end of the day important.

My choice would be PuC or TUS Gaelic Grounds over a trip to Dublin which is outside the province.

The IRFU have previously said that S/Fs would be held in the Aviva but they might have changed their view on that because they also had (at one stage) stopped Munster hosting games like the two in PuC because they had fears of selling out the Aviva for national games that were being held around the same time.

Absolutely, if they made €500k (and I would think they made more) from each of the two games in PuC then that's a huge boost to Munster rugby

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭nerd69

If we can get malcom marx to pick it up directly thatd be perfect

I really don't understand naming a 10 man bench and waiting until the 75+ minute to bring on two of them. I know we ended the game at the wrong end of the field but the bench should really have been emptied by the 70th minute.

Both teams got lucky by the attacking team spoiling their own ball when a try was on, I think Munster deserved the win and by a larger margin. Shame it took a missed kick for us to win it, more so as it really looked like a fairly kickable conversion.

• Advertisement

Advertisement