Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Team Talk Thread - New season title pending....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,988 ✭✭✭leakyboots

First half of the first half I thought this was a very composed performance but between injuries/stoppages/poor play/mistakes we've let them back into it. Would still back us to turn it on again for the last quarter but it's gone very scrappy now which suits them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Sick note Snyman....good luck Leinster.

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Shehal

How was that not a Munster pen? A Scarlets player lying on the ground playing the ball...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭OldRio

Are we bothering with the laws of the game?

Do Munster even want to win this game? It's like they are doing everything in their power to screw up every try scoring opportunity possible...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

More like it. Great delay on the pass from Carbery

Now that is a good try by Munster!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,625 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Nice few minutes from Joey

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭letowski

Bringing Sean O’Brien here has been a good bit of business. Has always been solid when called up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭letowski

Another nice play there for McCarthy’s try. Probably the Motm imo.

• Advertisement

Back in the groove for the last 20 again, much better.

2nd and 3rd quarter were very forgettable (mistakes and I couldn't keep track of who was on and off, I thought Murray was off about 3 times) but they stuck to the attacking game plan and it paid off.

Coombes (tries, workrate, watch how many times he carries and then is available after the next phase round the corner)… Daly, SOB, Kendellen (tackles), Ahern, Scannell (beast in the loose outside of lineout), Joey all did well.

Scrum went very well also.

Good day out but plenty to work on

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mun1

Lots of disappointed posters on here, yet again.

disjointed performance by Munster especially in the 3rd quarter. 3 injuries in 3 mins didnt help .

scarlets were very poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,314 ✭✭✭✭phog

Very mixed bag, a few players well below par, it almost looked like a preseason game. I know this was the second URC game for the ref but he too was below what should be an acceptable standard, though I thought he communicated well with the players.

Once Scarlets tired and we got our mojo back we put our foot on their throats and had a very convincing win.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jump_In_Jack

Great result, there were brilliant performances across the whole pack especially and the scoreline was helped by Joey being immaculate from the kicking tee.

Lots of things didn’t go our way but the team showed a clear hunger and a will to drive on and pick up as many tries as possible. The passing was amazing at times. That’s the style the guys must get comfortable with no matter what the stakes.

Zebre in Cork in 2 weeks time, then three weeks wait to play the two best Welsh sides back to back. Ideally that will be 3 bonus point wins but easier said than done.

Our run in after the Euros looks slippery, we could win all or lose all or anywhere in between.

i think we’ll need mid 50’s points to get top 8 this season, so we probably need at least 2 wins from those last 5 matches. The trip to South Africa to Bulls and Lions is daunting though, and two interpros and Edinburgh away, gonna be tough.

I reckon that's Coombes tied with CJ Stander as 4th top all-time try scorer for us on 42 tries. Stander had 153 caps, Coombes has taken 88.

Conway is up next in third with 50 tries in 150 appearances, Coombes on course to do it in only 100.

Phenomenal strike rate, he must be one of the most powerful players we've ever produced?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

Just caught the highlights, Tom Sheen running a cheat support line like a scrum half for the bonus point try was mad , don't think I've ever seen that from a second row before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Downlinz

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭snotboogie

When is his contract up? If he doesn’t make the tour to South Africa I’d be worried

Imagine how good he'd be if he put in a bit of effort when training 🤣🤣🤣

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Have Coombes and Gleeson teamed up in a pod for a 5m penalty yet? Scary thought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Ben Bailey

Decent run out for Munster. Scarlets remain willing but weak. Dissapointing attendance for a Friday night home game aginst the URC champions so off pitch problems too. Thought Joey was MOTM, but Coombes a standout. Uneven display from the backline. Ahern was brilliant & Kendellen did little to further his cause. Also thought E Coughlan showed very well. He suits Joey better than Conor imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,419 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Coombes was outstanding as he has been all season (more than backed up by his stats)

Overall, I thought Munster underperformed last night, Scarlets were utterly dominated in all areas of the pitch but we couldn't convert our opportunities until late in the game when half the scarlets team had completely given up.

Thought Murray wasnt great and Frisch had a few moments he won't want to see replayed in the performance review

But even playing poorly, the difference having some size back on the pitch makes is so encouraging. It's like playing on easy mode compared to the injury forced team selections we had to make up to now

Coombes was outstanding as he has been all season (more than backed up by his stats)

He's top of the URC stats for both carries and tackles made. Top 15 for carries and Top 4 for tackles made in ERC.

It's not just the try scoring, his workrate is outrageous as well behind that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭nerd69

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Is this game against Quins on friday on TV?

Doubt it, best we can hope for is that it will be available through Access Munster

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Quins are streaming it on YouTube

Munster Team v Quins

Munster: Mike Haley; Fionn Gibbons, Seán O’Brien, Rory Scannell, Shay McCarthy; Joey Carbery, Ethan Coughlan; Josh Wycherley, Scott Buckley, John Ryan; Fineen Wycherley, Cian Hurley; Jack Daly, Alex Kendellen (C), Jack O’Sullivan.

Replacements: Max Clein, Mark Donnelly, Stephen Archer, Kamil Nowak, Daniel Okeke, Neil Cronin, Tony Butler, Dylan Hicks, Colm Hogan, Stephen Kiely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

How long is Snyman out for this time 🙈

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭snotboogie

3 20's qualified players not involved with Ireland on the bench! Disappointed not to see McSweeney involved.

Advertisement