Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Team Talk Thread - Snymans are(n't) Forever

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,146 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Think Munster will do it. Bulls are a side that blow hot and cold, especially away from home.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭clsmooth

Great start from Edogbo. He’s got some size for a 19 year old!

I like the ambition of Munsters play. However they're very inaccurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭Shehal

If this was a competition for knocking the ball on Munster would be well out in front.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭joedamuss

Plenty of effort but we're playing a bit frantic, still basic skills letting us down at times, promising though

• Advertisement

Ah boy Coombes he should have had two

Munster easily have the measure of the Bulls. They're winning every collision and have a monopoly on possession and territory.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

I do think there has been signs of the new coaching ticket this season, but they forgot to have the foundation to work from. Going back to some of the strengths tonight and building from there is the right call.

I think Budhabob is right overall, you can see what the coaching staff are trying to implement and I am confident eventually it will all come together but It feels the basics are what letting Munster down more than anything.

To be fair tonight has been the best Munster have been so far, its starting to come together more albeit still very inaccurate.

Also not to take away credit for Munster but the Bulls have been absolutely dire so far, if Munster keep their head down they could really put them to the sword tonight.

Definitely seeing green shoots, Casey,Carberry have been good Coombes, Beirne and the young lock in the pack as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,409 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Much much better this week.were getting what we need quick ball, power in the pack, size in the lineout and we're making the bulls look like the blues(yes I know they beat us)

I think we'll be even better in the 2nd half . Carbery has been ok but Crowley will do better if he's brought in at 10. Ahern combined with the wind at our back is almost guaranteed lineouts and territory gained

Edwin Edogbo is a game changer. When Snyman comes back we'll have 2 players of that size and impact. At the business end of the season this matters a lot.

We still have a couple of tricks up our sleeve. Alex Kendellen should be back soon, and Daniel Okeke will be back when he recovers from his leg surgery.

lol

Bulls are a rabble

That's an utterly appalling score to give away.

At the end of the first half the Bulls had run 49m off 44 carries. They've been mullered in contact.

No surprise they're now resorting to cheap shots.

Clear knock on missed there, player dropped the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭eigrod

still too many mistakes. Criminal against 14 that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

There's no question that's the right call, but did the TV producer influence it? Looks very much like it.

Crowley very grateful for it anyway

By the letter of the law that's a penalty to Munster. But it's utterly ludicrous to penalise the Bulls for it. Their player can't legislate for an awful pass that Goggin has to jump to regather.

• Advertisement

Maybe they need to differentiate between jumping for a contestable kick and jumping for a pass.

Aherne has the potential to be an absolute game changer. He's quite unique in terms of physical ability.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

I have to say I really like the look of Edogbo. I think he could break through as a regular this season which would be amazing given his age.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

2nd row is probably our strongest part of the unit now. Edogbo, aherne, Beirne, klein, snyman, wycherly... Kelly and o Connor too.

No worries anytime soon there at least. Great to see.

2 Bulls tries and both came directly from a Munster knock on...

Back row is similarly well stocked to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,329 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Suspicion of a no arms tackle / shoulder charge by a bulls player in the lead up to their try…sure offsides being ignored all game why not that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭eigrod

This team would frustrate the life out of ya

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

Love crowleys attitude in general. He seems to have a little bit of a sexton edge to him.

• Advertisement

No Adamson, when Munster did it in the first half it was a penalty.

Then again this is a ref straight from the Glasgow Warriors rugby forum so I guess it isnt a surprise Irish sides get a raw deal when he's the ref.

Advertisement