Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Team Talk Thread - Snymans are(n't) Forever

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Its incredibly frustrating watching the Munster backline. It's improved from Larkham's time but that was such a low it was almost impossible not to.

They still seem to be shifting the ball sideways and backwards and never taking the ball to the line. Defences just drift and catch them. Even if they do beat the drift the next player just ships it again like a hot potato.

One flat pass from Frisch to Coombes got the try and they've not done it since.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Munster playing all the rugby in the second half, mistake by the ref and Ulster have a try

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

Crowley has a lovely combination of balance, power and acceleration.

Also, Haley seems to be untackleable by the first defender

Munster made hard work of that try. In times past you'd be confident they would get it over the line, no confidence at the moment.

But a really important win for Munster. Great for the team to play poorly and grind out a win like that on the road against a strong team.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,774 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Haunted. Not sure we deserved the win but important to get 4 points there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Great win away from home, Crowley and Healy ahead of Carbury at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 5,986 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Great win, how good is Mike Haley. Must be a nightmare to tackle, can step off either foot, lovely balanced runner and can offload too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭letowski

Disagree completely, Munster played most of the rugby out there tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭almostover

Took a lot of guts to steal a win there tonight. Ulster will be gutted. Crowley's break was the spark of individual brilliance that got us back into the Ulster 22 for the final foray. He really has to start the big games now, he will develop into an international standard player. Coombes had a huge game tonight, his work rate was through the roof. A very satisfying win even if our attack was as blunt as a butter knife.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Happyhouse22

Interesting that Crowley got MOM - only saw the last 20 mins but thought Healy was class in this period.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭gameoverdude

Enjoyable second half.

Crowley has some speedy pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,409 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Dear god, this is why I love Munster Rugby!!!

Surely is no.2 to Hugo Keenan on current form when it comes to Ireland?

Crowley was good, Healy also when he came on. Gavin Coombes should have got Mom, he made some amount of carries and tackles in that game. Huge workrate.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,152 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Crowley got so much dog in him, from now on I'm calling him Growley.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭dublin49

great win,I thought Patterson looked good and Frisch looks a find.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Healy was the difference in thatb2nd half. Took the ball to the line with some nice passes. Got us moving forward

break aside (and that’s when he was at 12) I thought Crowley was poor at 10. Kicked ball away poorly or just shovelled the ball on.

great win in Belfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭theVersatile

Coombes getting lots of plaudits here but though Kendellan was the standout backrow on the pitch today - immense workrate. Must have had 30 touches on the ball.

Haley fantastic as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

Kendellen was MOTM for me, huge workmate and massive physicality.

Crowley was an odd choice, thought he had some nice moments but the job of the OH is to get field position and get the backs moving and he did neither.

Incredible spirit to come back, it looked game over with the Baloucoune try. Great call taking the points at 14-5.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭TomsOnTheRoof

He's a fantastic player in both attack and defence. To my mind there's very little between him and Keenan and he's unlucky not to have more caps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Against a "strong team"?? Ulster were a shambles and totally spineless as a team. The last few weeks have proved that.

Munster were the team at least trying to play rugby and got their just reward in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭letowski

Salanoa was another huge positive to come out of this game for Munster too. 70 minutes, scrummaged well and showed up around the park. He certainly put his hand up for the starting 3 jersey. Archer did quite well when he came on too in fairness.

Very important win, some good performances throughout - Kendellen Patterson impressive I'm the first half. Thought Haley was stand out, my motm.

Bar the phenomenal break I thought Crowley was quite average, isn't showing much game management, got cought on the gainline a few times. His passing is terrific however if he improved his decision making.

Fekitoa / Frisch looking an increasingly potent mid field.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭thinkabouit

Can only bate what’s in front of ya.

We had to take the 3 then, gave us a vital losing BP at least. Kendellen was excellent, should have been rewarded with another turnover in the 2nd half too

I didn't say ulster played well, neither team did. But read back, general acceptance it was a strong ulster team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭cuttingtimber22

Healy, Crowley and Frisch combination should be given a chance. I have not been impressed with Carbery. Healy with that long pass may well keep opposition defences honest plus he has an excellent boot. Crowley has the ability to be a game changer and has many of the same qualities as Ringrose.

Haley was immense and I thought the pack as a whole did very well.

unfortunately it looks like age has finally caught up on Earls. Still an above average player but not the finisher he was.

Put a lot of my concerns about the departure of John Ryan to bed tonight, Salanoa played very well. Scrum was really solid, that is the most important thing for a no.3. Archer made a couple of strong carries too when he came on.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,183 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

Crowley was good …great line break at end but the difference was the intro of Healy and Murray

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,571 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Great win considering the current situation with the squad, missing POM and Beirne always takes its toll on us, and playing away doesnt help.

Patterson backed up his previous games.

Crowley has the world at his feet

Frish had a solid game, he is steadily making that jersey his own.

Feckittowya had a solid outing, maybe his best performance yet knowing that he was only getting 55 mins and that healy was coming on.

Salanoa showed well but has a bit the tidy up around the field on his positioning.

Killer is getting back to match sharpess

Earls is having trouble getting back to match sharpness, hes not getting any younger and the wing is a tough place to age quickly.

Haley has done enough to see more irish involvement this spring, but 15 is a hard jersey to break into.

DmF is surely going to come under the spotlight this month, he had been given a free pass by the media so far and they dont have an easy 3 weeks coming up. Ulster are not playing good rugby by any stretch of the imagination and with a solid number of internationals all over this game should have been one way traffic.

Advertisement