Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Team Talk Thread - Snymans are(n't) Forever

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

Hodnett will dread the review of that one

Cracking match

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭KaneToad

Are these Ulster performances purely down to Richie Murphy?!

If so, he's some man.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭clsmooth

Two great tries. Great game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

Hos that not a penalty!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

We're a better team with Ahern, Hodnet & Coombes..all for impact from the bench, but they're having to catch up now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭theVersatile

Jager dominating at scrumtime

Need to be a bit cuter there. Last thing Clarke needs fresh off the bench is a 15m throw

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Mr Disco

• Registered Users Posts: 23,968 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

They weren't a million miles away, I just think the dressing room weren't hearing McFarland and Co.

But this Ulster certainly has very evident Murphy fingerprints on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭irelandrover

Crowley looked like he wanted to take the points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

Strong decision and maul there. Need to get some more points now given how leaky we've been.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

great turnaround!

Always the hardest way with us, but we'll take it!

The bomb squad tactic has really been the difference in the past few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭sioda

Cannot wait to watch that Nash try back on repeat in full.

Inject it into my veins.

For sure. Ahern, Coombes and Jager all had unreal performances off the bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,136 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Seriously impressive win considering the two lads missing from midfield. Casey was excellent and Crowley showed great mental strength to put that performance in the second half after a wobbly first half.

Credit to Ulster too, they showed real grit at times, backrow in particular were great. I'd be surprised if Izuchukwu isn't firmly in the radar of the national selectors.

John Ryan covering loosehead might be a very effective hack for the knockouts. Scrum continued to look great when he came on, and he'll have plenty to offer around the park in a cameo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭50HX

I dunno lads I had a look at the RG incident again, it looks more head to shoulder than all the commentary being other way around.

He didn't wrap his left arm for a tackle because I think he just stood his ground, Addison was the one leaning into a "non" tackle.

Is the onus on RG then?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭irelandrover

I think if it's Adisons fault then it's a rugby incident and play on. When a penalty is given then I think it's a minimum yellow.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,209 ✭✭✭✭phog

Happy with that win, we were poor enough at times, a few poor passes or link ups but we did enough to the BP win and defended enough to keep Ulster out of position for a DG that could have pinched the game from us.

I thought Frank/TMO got the RGS tackle wrong, I couldn't really see the screen but it looked a YC to me.

Anyway, we top the table, again deservedly so, those wins in SA in particular stand out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,760 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Quarter final v Ospreys on at 7:35 on Friday 7th June. Not ideal timing for fans coming from Cork.

I wonder why they went for Friday bit of a bummer but I suppose one had to be played on Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭50HX

Is it set in stone what weekends the semi & final are on?

Yeah, weekend of 14th and 15th for semi. Final is on 22nd.

Yeah guess so, just luck of the draw. Hopefully means an extra day of recovery if we win and the semi is on a Saturday at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Jump_In_Jack

From a broadcasting POV it is probably going to be the least entertaining of the 4 quarter-finals, it would be expected that the table-topper would smash a team that barely made it into the top 8, with a points difference of -35.
    The odds of Ospreys winning are probably the worst of all the teams.

Also, it gives Munster as the top team a well-deserved 1-day recovery advantage going into the semis and final.

I was today years old when I learned that the R in RG stands for Rudolph.

How have we not made "Rudolph the red-nosed pain-deer" a thing?

(kinda words on two levels as well…. causes pain, seems to always be in pain…)

Our attack has improved with Mike Prendergast coming in but our D is the best in the league, we've conceded the fewest points in the league, 30 fewer than the next best.

Leamy can be proud of that achievement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭mun1

thought ulster dominated our pack in first half, with the Munster back row not making an impact in the game. Ulster targeted our centre pairing and got a lot of return on the inside channels.

Crowley had a few brain farts but always looks dangerous with ball in hand. Wouldn’t go with this “bomb squad” option for QF as it nearly backfired with even the supporters calmly waiting for subs to change game. Our strongest starting team is

Loughman,scannel,jager,beirne,snyman,Ahern,hodnett,Coombes,Casey,Crowley,daly,Frisch,Nash,zebo

Advertisement