Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Team Talk Thread - Snymans are(n't) Forever

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,087 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

By saying they've a good scrum and are well coached but ultimately lack top quality? And then following up that I expect Munster to win by a big margin?

That's a very odd response.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

It's good to see Ospreys back being a decent team in all fairness.

Poor return for Munster for all that pressure.

Barron very rusty on his return.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,417 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

NO foul play there

Good refereeing there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

• Registered Users Posts: 24,209 ✭✭✭✭phog

Hands on the ground at nearly every ruck, slow it down enough or make sure Munster have to commit at least one more player to each ruck.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,087 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Nothing unusual about that either.

He also seems to think that Alex Nankivell is playing.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Ospreys will be knackered after all that defending so you'd expect the score to get a bit worse for them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭Shehal

Quinlan's attempt to talk up Ospreys at every given opportunity in a desperate attempt to sound impartial is getting nauseating.

• Advertisement

Munster would want to be a lot better against Glasgow/Stormers. Though I am sure they will be.

Agreed, but they didn't have to play better - no offence to Ospreys. Munster comfortably on top, took smart points

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭decies

two more scrappy wins will do me were we perfect tonight but don’t think it’s as bad as people say . Into the semis we go

Ospreys tackling was fairly good to be fair, but they offered nothing on attack really. Munster's best play was clearly the opening 2 minutes.

Knockout rugby, win by 23-7, not too shabby even with a few errors

• Registered Users Posts: 11,760 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

The semi-final will be played on Saturday June 15th at 6pm in Thomond Park. https://x.com/Munsterrugby/status/1799174244955263091?t=dgUuGg6i74GatIjGka1e3g&s=19

Comfortable win for Munster without getting out of third gear. Played smart cup rugby and took the points which just took the sting out of Ospreys. The Ospreys try was a lovely piece of execution, but beyond that they couldn’t create any pressure.

Only concern for Munster will be if Frisch is badly hurt or not.

SF in Thomond Park next Saturday at 18:00

• Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭letowski

Good to get the win, we weren’t too hectic for much of the game, but you take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,136 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Job done. Clever cup performance. Better than last week but a lot more to improve.

• Advertisement

EOS is one of the most negative analysts on TV, he's talking about Munster not putting the foot on the throat. We didn't need to, we played smart rugby, took our scores, made subs early to manage the squad for next week

JOB DONE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭50HX

He's always captain misery, along with the beige Heaslip it's a tough pairing

At least you'll get some bit of life out of o callaghan every now & again

• Registered Users Posts: 17,136 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

So Irish TV viewers had to suffer through Cahill, and then the EOS-JH dream team as pundits?

Yikes.

Munster played a different game tonight, we played in the right areas, we took kicks at goal that we'd normally go for trys, we kicked behind Ospreys tonight more than we usually do since Prendergast arrived.

Ok, we coughed up ball a few times a few meters from the try line but bar the early Ospreys try they didn't threaten much so going two scores up allowed us dictate the position on the field and rest a few players.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭theVersatile

We'd want to be better next week and in the final (if it comes to it), but we'll take that. Smothered the game in the second half with good game management, taking points, territorial kicking. Pack were busy without being exceptional - 9, 10 and back three got through their work in a very workmanlike fashion.

Hollie had a great game on the whistle - from live at the ground

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,551 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

The type of game management we showed 2nite is exactly the type of thing we were criticised for not doing back in December / January, when we had a spate of injuries.

Since then we’ve won 11 consecutive URC games.

We’ll need a better performance next Saturday but then I expect a better performance next Saturday.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,551 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

Totally agree, Hollie's one of the better refs around, I'm not sure I've ever seen her have a bad game.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Just in from the game. Better attendance than I was expecting and a decent atmosphere.

It was workmanlike, but outside of the early try they didn't threaten. Munster played cup rugby, kicked their pens and took the game away from Ospreys. The fact that I was surprised when Crowley tapped and kicked out at the end instead of going for the corner or kicking as we'd normally do says everything about the game.

Obviously a step up in performance will be needed against Glasgow/Stormers, but I think we'll get it.

Also agree completely about Hollie. One of, if not the best ref in the league

• Advertisement

One thing I'd be slightly worried about from a Munster perspective - Snyman is just not an 80 minute player. Not sure replacing two backrows and leaving the locks on for the whole match is a great strategy.

Advertisement