Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connecting to nearby live FTTH pole (250m)

Options
  • 20-02-2019 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi,

We have 2 properties in Dublin which are both just short of our neighbors live FTTH pole, is there a way of connecting us to that pole or get a nearby pole installed? Our home is in a eir fibre enabled zone but we are to far from the cabinet. We are also included in the NBP Amber zone but we are so frustratingly close to the Eir pole that we'd if possible pay for the pole installed. 

I've read about the cost to run a pole by peoples homes and with our small business being ran from our home we'd like to front that cost as our 4mb speed isn't sufficient anymore. 

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

All you can do is email fibrepower@openeir.ie with your eircode and ask if you can be added
    But at 250m you are well outside the "maybe" territory

p.s.
    You cannot buy a connection!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

AFCJimbo94 wrote: »
    Hi,

We have 2 properties in Dublin which are both just short of our neighbors live FTTH pole, is there a way of connecting us to that pole or get a nearby pole installed? Our home is in a eir fibre enabled zone but we are to far from the cabinet. We are also included in the NBP Amber zone but we are so frustratingly close to the Eir pole that we'd if possible pay for the pole installed. 

I've read about the cost to run a pole by peoples homes and with our small business being ran from our home we'd like to front that cost as our 4mb speed isn't sufficient anymore. 

Thanks
    Hi AFCJumbo94

If you have an eir account can you pm me the following details along with your eircode and I will look into this for you. 

1) Account number
    2) Account name
    3) Are you the account holder?
    4) Your DOB
    5) 1st line of address

Many thanks

Linzi

Advertisement