Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Screened top soil

Options
  • 20-02-2019 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

I was looking at buying some top soil to level the grounds around the property (5-10tonnes) quotes im getting are 30e loose, 40-45 in the tone bags, wondering if would Id be getting better deal buying bags or loose?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

Not sure boaut the price but check to make sure if is a good quality,otherwise you can end up with a lots of unknown known greenie things !

Check SuperGrow and Enricher before comitting.
    They are Dublin based.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭mashed13

rolion wrote: »
    Not sure boaut the price but check to make sure if is a good quality,otherwise you can end up with a lots of unknown known greenie things !

Check SuperGrow and Enricher before comitting.
    They are Dublin based.

Thanks Ill have a look, Ive mostly been going through some donedeal adds online

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Buy soil from a good source.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭mashed13

Super grow, enricher soils and such look very tempting but probably they would be more suitable for vegie or flower beds I guess or as a top layer least, I was looking for something more economical, Id be broke by the end paying 60-80e a tonne 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 24,375 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

mashed13 wrote: »
    Super grow, enricher soils and such look very tempting but probably they would be more suitable for vegie or flower beds I guess or as a top layer least, I was looking for something more economical, Id be broke by the end paying 60-80e a tonne 😊

Got a tonne delivered recently for 60. That was the best price I could find. Seems decent quality.

Maybe bulk would get you a better deal. But 40/45 sounds alright

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

That is the top soil...the surface one that you see it,walk and plant on it.

If you dont buy it from a good source and the soil to be good quality,screened,free of any third party materials and/or "others" you could have surprises later on not onl yon the plants / grass quality but also on water drainage.
    Otherwise,buy some cheap dumpings from building sites, full of contamined materials.

Take care.

I bought from Mulch 14 bags when i did my greenhouse.

473677.jpg

Please see below the descriptino of the good quality soil:

Contents
    •Made from 74% topsoil & 25% Mulch Soil Enricher (provides all the required nutrients) & 1% vermiculite (fine stone for drainage).
    •Perfectly balanced with all nutrients required and a PH of 6.5.
    •Screened to a particle size of <5mm.
    •99% of invasive weed roots removed
    •Does not contain any brown bin material
    •100% Organic. Suitable for organic growing practices.
    •100% Renewable reducing the impact on the environment.
    •100% Peat-free also reducing the impact on the environment.

Advertisement