Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What would cause a light bulb to explode?

Options
  • 20-02-2019 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭

Hi Folks, as the title says what would cause a bulb to explode, new bulb put in couple weeks ago, bulb was on for 10 mins then boom exploded and broken glass roasting hot? Any ideas

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,552 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Could have been a dodgy flux capacitor.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 480 ✭✭ewc78

The Banshee is in your house.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭atilladehun

Calltocall wrote: »
    Hi Folks, as the title says what would cause a bulb to explode, new bulb put in couple weeks ago, bulb was on for 10 mins then boom exploded and broken glass roasting hot? Any ideas

Tiny crack in the glass id guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Water dripping on the glass, hardly likely here but the cold water on hot glass will blow it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Two ideas at once damn Tesla coils can't take the pop

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,672 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Just a faulty bulb I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Calltocall

Cheers for replies, it’s very old house so thought might be something wrong with wiring but will get new bulb and see how that fairs!

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭mr_cochise

Putting in bulb in with dirty/oily hands maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 23,552 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Calltocall wrote: »
    Cheers for replies, it’s very old house so thought might be something wrong with wiring but will get new bulb and see how that fairs!

What type bulb was it ? Old filament/ incandescent , cfl or LED?

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Calltocall

ted1 wrote: »
    What type bulb was it ? Old filament/ incandescent , cfl or LED?

I didn’t install it myself but I believe a halogen bulb

• Advertisement
Advertisement