Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

48 Months

Options
  • 20-02-2019 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭

Just wondering if this network is reputable. Switcher.ie or ComReg don't seem to include them and their website isn't very up to date, still use Meteor for example.

Have some reasonable prices but what's the deal with them?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

Just wondering if this network is reputable. Switcher.ie or ComReg don't seem to include them and their website isn't very up to date, still use Meteor for example.

Have some reasonable prices but what's the deal with them?

They piggy back on the Three network (like Tesco) but only have 3G data. Their data coverage can also be patchy. Other than that, they're grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭mario84s

Dante7 wrote: »
    They piggy back on the Three network (like Tesco) but only have 3G data. Their data coverage can also be patchy. Other than that, they're grand.

I'm with them few years now and always had 4G. Never had any problems apart from once years ago when 3 network crashed for the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Silent night

Same here with them 6 yrs can't fault them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

Is that any real network 48months.ie or it is just some con art as I try to contact them and get no answer?
    I was posted recently few spam messages supposedly send by them and while trying to track a spam source I found links in span rooted on http://cepublic.48months.ie/ domain (ct.asp). Can't believe any real network would used that but will to ask to be 100% sure?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,802 ✭✭✭DopeTech

zom wrote: »
    Is that any real network 48months.ie or it is just some con art as I try to contact them and get no answer?
    I was posted recently few spam messages supposedly send by them and while trying to track a spam source I found links in span rooted on http://cepublic.48months.ie/ domain (ct.asp). Can't believe any real network would used that but will to ask to be 100% sure?

48months are an mnvo piggybacking on 3. The are cheap and cheerful. I've had problems with mnvos in the past, I'd avoid unless price is everything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,887 ✭✭✭sporina

website been down for ages now.. whats the deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Threads Merged on 48 Months

• Registered Users Posts: 6,802 ✭✭✭DopeTech

sporina wrote: »
    website been down for ages now.. whats the deal?

It's not down for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭mario84s

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    It's not down for me.

yeah working for me too yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Wcool

Hi, has anyone ever talked to a live agent lately?

My SIM is locked and I am trying to get through but I always get this message:

"Sorry! Not possible to log into the support site. Try again later or contact an agent"

Not great if you can't make a phone call :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Wcool

MM turned out there was a chat popout but my browser blocked it, it now works with another browser

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭tina1040

Website is down since yesterday. I can't buy a top up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,887 ✭✭✭sporina

tina1040 wrote: »
    Website is down since yesterday. I can't buy a top up.

send them a message on FB

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Says here that shops with payzone sell top ups...

https://community.48months.ie/t5/Most-Popular-Questions/How-do-I-top-up-Overview-of-the-top-up-payment-options/td-p/120

However, the page is from 2013, so may have changed since

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Eddie01

Has 48 stopped working on older phones

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭robwen

Eddie01 wrote: »
    Has 48 stopped working on older phones

Haven't heard that but got an email from them yesterday saying they're rolling out 4g to all customers between the 21st & 25th of November so may be some disruption with that

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

There is a 48 outage going on for over 2 days now.

Multiple angry posts on the 48 website here https://community.48months.ie

The outage seems to be linked to Three's role out of 4G to 48 which happened during the week.

48 customer service is contractable via their website using chat but they are not answering tweets, Facebook posts and forum posts on the outage.

Very poor communication by Three and very poor 4G roll out to 48 by Three.

One realises that 48 must have very few customers left with dated packages, GoMo competition and up until recently 3G only offerings but this is no way to treat customers.

One wonders why Three are even bothering to give 4G to 48 customers, maybe they have plans for 48.

According the posts on 48months.ie, a new sim card is required for those that have lost reception!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

I reckon competition is beginning to bite, Go Mo out of the bag. Suddenly 48 are getting 4g. I wouldn't be surprised if Three start putting money behind 48 in order to claw back some customers.
    On a separate note Lyca mobile have been sending out mails daily with offers. They are all definitely hurting

castle2012 wrote: »
    I reckon competition is beginning to bite, Go Mo out of the bag. Suddenly 48 are getting 4g. I wouldn't be surprised if Three start putting money behind 48 in order to claw back some customers.
    On a separate note Lyca mobile have been sending out mails daily with offers. They are all definitely hurting

Lyca have some good deals. Main issue with Lyca is the lack of 4G.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

JTMan wrote: »
    Lyca have some good deals. Main issue with Lyca is the lack of 4G.

Along with very slow data speeds on 3G

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Invincible

I lost reception a couple of times over weekend but it returned after removing SIM, restarting phone and inserting SIM again. Didn't realize it was an outage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 cianor3

Has anyone had a problem with 48months.ie since it changed to 4g? I ordered a SIM almost ten days ago and haven't got it yet. They actually never sent it out and had to order it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭brian_gall85

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Says here that shops with payzone sell top ups...

https://community.48months.ie/t5/Most-Popular-Questions/How-do-I-top-up-Overview-of-the-top-up-payment-options/td-p/120

However, the page is from 2013, so may have changed since

Just a quick heads up to anyone still using 48, as of yesterday they have removed paper based in store top ups from terminals and all credit must now be purchased via their app or website.

Advertisement