Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dinner pre gin in 3 Arena

Options
  • 20-02-2019 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,874 ✭✭✭

Hi going to a gig on Sunday night in 3 Arena and wondering where to eat before hand? Just something good quality - not fast food or fine dining.. we are staying in the city centre - anywhere along the luas line would be great - or near enough it - any suggestions? A nice Italian or Thai... bearing in mind, a lot of places I would have gone to seem to be closed for dinner on Sundays.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Thai Spice near Busaras is a lovely Thai along the Luas line.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,874 ✭✭✭sporina

cee_jay wrote: »

that sounds great - thanks - i love thai and it would be convenient..

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭geecee

Or you could try Rubys (Italian) in the Point Village Shopping center:
    http://rubys.ie/point-square/
    (You might need to book as its less than a stones throw from the 3 arena)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Just a heads up, Massive Attack are on stage at 20:30 SHARP, no support

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭rxchxy

I went to East at the Spencer Hotel last weekend before the 3. Two mins from the luas and 10 min walk from the arena. Early bird available too. Big portions and reasonable price

• Advertisement

Birneybau wrote: »
    Just a heads up, Massive Attack are on stage at 20:30 SHARP, no support

yep we heard that - thanks.. can't wait - should be a class gig
    rxchxy wrote: »
    I went to East at the Spencer Hotel last weekend before the 3. Two mins from the luas and 10 min walk from the arena. Early bird available too. Big portions and reasonable price

thanks will look into it

East is not open on sundays .. grr thai spice it is so

cee_jay wrote: »

Thanks a million for recommending Thai Spice - what a find - and I would never have known about it unless I was told - its in such an inconspicuous place..

The staff were lovely - lovely setting and the food was great - a little too salty for me - she said that it was prob the fish sauce - I have a v low threshold for salt.. but man it was tasty - and soo fresh.. and very reasonable.. ended the meal with fab coffee too - the real Italian kind.. and only €2 for a real Americano.. and so convenient - just 500 mtrs from our hotel and a min from the luas line to The Point.. I can't wait to go back.. I will defo write a review on TA..
    Also I like that its family owned and not a chain..

• Registered Users Posts: 25,413 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Good call, I’ve done the same in the Gibson, nice ambience, GREAT views, close to the venue and good value for the location, ambience, service and excellent food.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,214 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Thanks for this, have booked myself and OH in for a pre-gig dinner in June - I can forget about it now til closer to the time :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement