Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

law and French vs French and business

Options
  • 20-02-2019 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

I am unsure which one of these I should study at college.I am wondering wheather a solicitor or a career in business makes more money.I have no interest in being a barrister.I also would like to know what other careers are there in law apart from being a solicitor.

I'm also wondering about the law courses at different colleges.For example is the law and French joint honours bachelor's degree in nuig the same as the law and French degree in UCC and if not what is the difference between them?

What are job opportunities like at the moment ?Is it easy enough to become a solicitor or is it easier to go into business ?

finally which one of these degrees would be more useful to work in the eu,un or any of these organisations ?

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Law and then do an MBA. Then decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

Is there a law and accounting degree option somewhere, Dublin university did have this course, would give you a taste of both.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Mandf

would that affect my career if I then decided to go into business

Mandf wrote: »
    would that affect my career if I then decided to go into business

No! A law degree and a post graduate business degree is a license to print money.

I definently want to study French and I don't want to be an accountant

• Advertisement

Study what interests you, the rest will fall into place.

What jobs could I get after that?

Mandf wrote: »
    What jobs could I get after that?

Solicitor
    Graduate Management Positions
    Graduate Civil Service Positions
    Consulting

Not really my area but a friend did Law and then then did his MBA in China and his feet haven't touched the ground since. God only knows what he actually does day to day.

Regards the UN you'd need a post grad, two languages, English and French are ideal and a lot of experience so try and volunteer where you can during holiday etc. On the Law side do internships and build up your contacts early.

Advertisement