Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New bollards on Waterford road?!

Options
  • 20-02-2019 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

So it looks like those guys with the lucrative contract for washing the road signs have been generating work for themselves by erecting bollards on the Waterford road coming out of Clonmel along by the Amber and the Circle K garages...

I'm sure the garages and truck drivers will love that, no more pulling up on the road side for the breakfast rolls...

I'd give it a fortnight before someone flattens the whole lot of them! hah!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

The placing of these bollards shows no respect or consideration for HGV drivers who have very few places to take a break on the N24.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Phil MaCrackin

Its very petty if you ask me.
    It'll be great for the Amber garage if it gets the planning to rebuild that filling station, I see they have planing in for it... probably enough room at the back to park a few trucks.... the Circle K lads will be peeved though....

That crowd that installed them have an almost laughable contract going around washing road signs.... I've seen the same lads wash signs on that road just weeks apart... Talk about a cushy number.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭BlackandGreen

There's nowhere else for HGV's to parkup on the road into/out of and bypassing clonmel. clonmel in general is piss poor for good service stations and delis for drivers.
    Whats the point of them anyway? Now instead of the trucks parked in the hardshoulder, we have big orange cones blocking the hard shoulder.
    Whoop de fúckin do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭7znbd9xmoiupye

So it looks like those guys with the lucrative contract for washing the road signs have been generating work for themselves by erecting bollards on the Waterford road coming out of Clonmel along by the Amber and the Circle K garages...

I'm sure the garages and truck drivers will love that, no more pulling up on the road side for the breakfast rolls...

I'd give it a fortnight before someone flattens the whole lot of them! hah!
    i bet the trucks will park on the road now causing danger. this must have come from the council, the sign washers could not take the initiative alone

I noticed today that Circle K have a info sign there directing HGV's to park in at Clonmel Oil (I think)
    They probably haven't sold a breakfast roll in two weeks! LOL

• Advertisement

I noticed today that Circle K have a info sign there directing HGV's to park in at Clonmel Oil (I think)
    making breakfast while the sun shines

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

The petrol station and the oil company are owned by the same people.

It would be wise when exiting the facility for those who are travelling east to go back to the roundabout to safely get back into the traffic flow.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭BlackandGreen

I still don't think it's good enough. Compound looks fairly small and is a good distance from the shop. Also the gates were closed during the weekend.

They look desperate as well. Do they have to apply for planning to put those up I wonder?

now outside the old museum as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Vizzy

now outside the old museum as well

In fairness, there were double yellow lines there previously and nobody took any notice.

At least now you have some bit of a view up Parnell Street when you are exiting College Ave.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Clonmel oil are using the head and allowing trucks to park in their depot. Buy summer I’d say tractors will have them flattened

Did anyone on this hear any rumors that the amber filling station is to be be knocked and a new updated filling station with parking out the back is going to be built.

Its not a rumour! Though they got knocked for planning a while back for some small stuff I think. I saw a new sign posted there recently, so it must be still happening....

Its not a rumour! Though they got knocked for planning a while back for some small stuff I think. I saw a new sign posted there recently, so it must be still happening....

What I heard was Clonmel oil objected to the planning. Then strang who owns amber complained to the council about all the trucks parking on the side of the road. That’s why the bollards went up

If I was Clonmel oil owners, I'd level the the whole lot, existing filling station and the oil depot, and build one big forecourt to cater for trucks & cars, they've plenty room there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

If I was Clonmel oil owners, I'd level the the whole lot, existing filling station and the oil depot, and build one big forecourt to cater for trucks & cars, they've plenty room there.

I get your enthusiasm for it but I’m sure you understand it would take a significant amount of time and cold hard money and I’d hazard a guess that keeping both businesses operating while blitzing through the whole project would also be challenging.
    Also, try to imagine the actual reality of the planning permission process, its cost and duration and then add some extra time and money to keep going with the process when the objections come in.
    I’m guessing Clonmel Oil themselves would like the whole idea but the lack of a magic button to just do it throws a spanner in the works.

oh I don't underestimate the logistics of the whole thing, but Lidl were able to do it with a short close-down, Strang will have have to do similar. its the classic eggs/omelettes conundrum

oh I don't underestimate the logistics of the whole thing, but Lidl were able to do it with a short close-down, Strang will have have to do similar. its the classic eggs/omelettes conundrum

Plans for a major redevelopment of a service station in South Tipp have hit a stumbling block.

The project on the outskirts of Clonmel has been appealed to An Bord Pleanala.

Amber Oil was granted permission by Tipperary County Council for works at their outlet on the Waterford Road in Clonmel on May 2nd last.

The existing petrol station and car showrooms were to be demolished as part of the redevelopment.

These were to be replaced with a new petrol station comprising of a convenience shop, deli, seated café area, outdoor seated areas, forecourt canopy and fuel pumps.

An ATM and parking areas were also included in the plans for the site on the N24.

Up to 25 jobs would be created with the development.

Following the granting of permission by the local authority an appeal has been lodged by the Petrogas Group which operates the Applegreen chain in Ireland.

A decision is due from An Bord Pleanala towards the end of September.

Advertisement