Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which fertility clinic?

Options
  • 20-02-2019 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

Hi, myself and my husband have been ttc for a year now. We had a pregnancy which unfortunately ended in miscarriage but no luck since. I am considering going to have us both checked out just to rule out any underlying issues at this stage. Is there any particular clinic people would recommend? I've been looking at the beacon, sims and merrion fertility clinic. Anyone have any good or bad experience with these?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Jezzabelle wrote: »
    Hi, myself and my husband have been ttc for a year now. We had a pregnancy which unfortunately ended in miscarriage but no luck since. I am considering going to have us both checked out just to rule out any underlying issues at this stage. Is there any particular clinic people would recommend? I've been looking at the beacon, sims and merrion fertility clinic. Anyone have any good or bad experience with these?
    Thanks

We've been through Sims and Merrion Fertility.
    Both were lovely places and there staff were very knowledgeable and helpful.

If I had 1 complaint about Sims, I personally thought that they kept us re-trying long after it was obviously not working for us. My wife was very intent to keep trying so I had to be supportive but I was the one who had to be there to pick up the pieces every time we got kicked again. Even as a lay person I could see it wasn't going to work after the first few attempts and months of meds. (We knew it was extremely unlikely before we started but it was worth a shot).

If I were choosing, I would go to Merrion, but you'll be well taken care of everywhere.

Best of luck.

Advertisement