Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knockanstockan 2019

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Peesh89

The rain in Bray at the moment is more enjoyable than not. It's that kinda misty non rain. I'm kinda hoping it's the same over the mountains... please. thanks. CAN'T WAIT FOR THE FIRST CAN.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

sitting in work feeling deep regret and FOMO.

Have fun everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Its absolutely bucketing in Galway at the moment, hopefully you are not getting this deluge in Blessington.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Forecast looking decent for today, odd shower and then no rain after 5pm. Site was looking amazing yesterday, looking forward to tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Don't think I've ever seen a festival with no hand sanitizer outside the portaloos before.

• Advertisement

Anyone know the name of the hip hop act that was on around 10pm last night on the Wishbone stage? Really good show they put on. Loved Bicurious too, great energy to them. The Caberet Show was class too, never thought I would see belly dancing to Faithless' Insomniac lol

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭cudsy1

Any reports? I left at 4pm today just being the rain struck!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Seeing that the main stage has been cancelled for the night due to weather. Doesn't sound good.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Any reports on this, did you all have a good weekend despite the cyclone on Sunday.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Sounds the weather on Sunday was sh!te, mate of mine is doing security there. I didn't make it this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Had a great time. You can't beat Knockanstockan. Weather was peachy on Saturday and yesterday was rotten of course though it did come and go. Tent got soaked. Spirit Animal main stage apparently got wrecked by the sideways rain so they put the rest of the main stage bands on the Faerie Field and Dimestore tent and slightly rejigged the original set times so twas grand, though it did lead to a big queue for the Dimestore tent which was full before Kneecap. I'd say some people were disappointed not to be able to fit in to see them or The Scratch. My band were playing the Dimestore just before them last night anyways so not complaining :D

My music highlights were The Bonk, Junior Brother, Jinx Lennon, Robocobra Quartet, Mango X Mathman, Lemoncello, Tribal Dance and Powpig. There was plenty of clashes going on and I left before The Scratch so didn't catch them unforch.

Great weekend although we did leave on Sunday afternoon - that was planned anyway before the rain hit and was raging to miss Senu and The Scratch.

A lot warmer, friendlier crowd this year than last year. It was very like old knockanstockans with a lot less undesirables around, definitely not as packed as last year too.
    We got down on Friday afternoon, they tried to do the whole "lakeside is closed until this campsites full" thing again but I may have told a lil fib and said we had friends already in lakeside and the security let us down, it was fantastic. Lovely tent neighbours and so easy to walk along boutique camping area and end up in the festival itself.

They moved Dimestore tent in to where the Carlsberg Unfiltered was last year, then opposite that was a new stage Muthering Heights that had great tunes all night, a lot of 80s,90s pop and just well known danceable sing along type tunes. There was also the Kate Bush Angelus at 12pm, 6pm and 12am every day which was fkn beautiful. Wuthering Heights played and men and women in red dresses floated in to do a full choreographed dance. I wish they'd come in to work at 12 today to do the same.
    The Carlsberg Unfiltered stage was moved to where Dimestore was last year and was bigger than last year, the stage wasn't a square in the middle either which was a strange move last year, half the audience was looking at the bands backs. All in all, the changing around of stages I think was a good thing, place didnt feel overcrowded at all.

They changed the Fairy field stage somewhat as well, adding a marquee/tarp type thing over the stage and in to the crowd which is great for a bit of rain but it kinda hindered the sound, we were at Nealo and it was very quiet if you were standing over towards the bar, nice and loud when you got under the tent bit. (he was fantastic)
    The security team were all fantastic and great craic, felt safe all weekend but not like you might get tackled to the ground for dancing on a bench.
    Saw Mango x Mathman on Saturday night, honestly am not mad for them when I hear them on the radio etc but blew me away live, great energy and the crowd loved it. Food wise, Cranky Yankee corn dogs and big blue bus kept me fed gooood all weekend. Bear Grillz (I think it was called) did delish skinny chips and a few of my friends got their burgers and also cheese and bacon fries and went back two or three times for more. Wastefellow were unbelievable as well, Wob! were great at Wishbone stage and we saw Junior Brother on Sat afternoon, the field was full for him!
    I'll wrap this up with a bit of a funny story.. We copped on the friday evening that there was a few wasps around the camp but didnt question it really, we were getting on with it and just kinda swatting them away. The Saturday when we were sitting around, one of the group got stung, and another friend that was visiting our camp commented on the amount of wasps. Everyone just going oh yeh, we noticed, its weird, do you not have any over at yours? We laugh and comment that they're our friends now and we're living in harmony, just before my other half gets stung.
    On the Sunday morning, about 2 hours before we leave, we realised that when we arrived in the campsite on Friday, after we'd set up our tents and copped that there was a funny shaped hole in front of one of the tents, we all stood in it checking our foot size compared to this hole (don't ask, it was just one of those things that started)..... The hole was a fkn wasp nest. We only realised two hours before we left that we camped around a wasp nest, and had been bloody standing on/in it. We watched them go in and out of it all morning and wondered how the hell we didn't notice it before. Anyway.... I'll stop rambling now. Time to sort my life out before ATN.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Utter Consternation

Peesh89 wrote: »
    I'll wrap this up with a bit of a funny story.. We copped on the friday evening that there was a few wasps around the camp but didnt question it really, we were getting on with it and just kinda swatting them away. The Saturday when we were sitting around, one of the group got stung, and another friend that was visiting our camp commented on the amount of wasps. Everyone just going oh yeh, we noticed, its weird, do you not have any over at yours? We laugh and comment that they're our friends now and we're living in harmony, just before my other half gets stung.
    On the Sunday morning, about 2 hours before we leave, we realised that when we arrived in the campsite on Friday, after we'd set up our tents and copped that there was a funny shaped hole in front of one of the tents, we all stood in it checking our foot size compared to this hole (don't ask, it was just one of those things that started)..... The hole was a fkn wasp nest. We only realised two hours before we left that we camped around a wasp nest, and had been bloody standing on/in it. We watched them go in and out of it all morning and wondered how the hell we didn't notice it before. Anyway.... I'll stop rambling now. Time to sort my life out before ATN.

Jaysis, how times have changed. In my day a funny story regarding a festival would involve psychedelic drugs, losing all your friends, swapping your trousers with a random stranger and waking up in another county. :D

GcRxI08.jpg

Jaysis, how times have changed. In my day a funny story regarding a festival would involve psychedelic drugs, losing all your friends, swapping your trousers with a random stranger and waking up in another county. :D

GcRxI08.jpg

Ha! Ah there was deffo a lot of silliness, I wasn't drinking tea and knitting with the wasps all weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

One of the best Knockans yet. Crowd was amazing and as mentioned - there was a lot less scauldy knackers there compared to last year.

The Unfiltered stage was absolutely brilliant this year, some seriously good DJs playing in it. Good Name closing it on Sunday night were absolutely unbelievable. Cabaret show was excellent fun too. Shame about the main stage on Sunday, still managed to get into the Dimestore to see The Scratch though.

Anyone see a those potato babies around the place?

Korvanica wrote: »
    One of the best Knockans yet. Crowd was amazing and as mentioned - there was a lot less scauldy knackers there compared to last year.

The Unfiltered stage was absolutely brilliant this year, some seriously good DJs playing in it. Good Name closing it on Sunday night were absolutely unbelievable. Cabaret show was excellent fun too. Shame about the main stage on Sunday, still managed to get into the Dimestore to see The Scratch though.

Anyone see a few potato babies around the place? :)

We met the potato baby as a grown man!!!
    Our first sticker sighting was on Saturday morning a guy came out of a toilet and giggling to himself and ushered my boyfriend over to the toilet to show him something saying "this is great you have to see this it's made me so happy" so we were thinking a beautiful clean loo. But it was a potato baby sticker on the inside of the door. Saw one or two after that and then later that afternoon we were approached by two guys asking did we want a sticker and one said he was the actual baby :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Had a great time. You can't beat Knockanstockan. Weather was peachy on Saturday and yesterday was rotten of course though it did come and go. Tent got soaked. Spirit Animal main stage apparently got wrecked by the sideways rain so they put the rest of the main stage bands on the Faerie Field and Dimestore tent and slightly rejigged the original set times so twas grand, though it did lead to a big queue for the Dimestore tent which was full before Kneecap. I'd say some people were disappointed not to be able to fit in to see them or The Scratch. My band were playing the Dimestore just before them last night anyways so not complaining :D

My music highlights were The Bonk, Junior Brother, Jinx Lennon, Robocobra Quartet, Mango X Mathman, Lemoncello, Tribal Dance and Powpig. There was plenty of clashes going on and I left before The Scratch so didn't catch them unforch.

Just mustard? We really enjoyed you show!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭deviladvocate

Peesh89 wrote: »

Are you from Longford by any chance?

Are you from Longford by any chance?

How did you find me????
    (but really I'm from wicklow)

Dont suppose anyone heard if there is going to be a 2022 festival?

• Advertisement
Advertisement