Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Child safe medicine bag

Options
  • 21-02-2019 7:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭

I’ve been looking online and I’m not sure if there’s a product that is on sale in Ireland that would be suitable to carry medicine when you’re on the go.
    What do other parents use?
    What I’m looking for is a bag i can store calpol etc in , that can be put into the nappy bag for when I’m out n about with baby. I worry that little fingers could get into the bag if I’m distracted and want some sort of deterrence to them opening medication.
    I know nothing beats adult supervision etc but I’d still like to be able to bring the likes of calpol with me knowing that if I am distracted for a couple of mins no child can get into the medication.
    I found this bag online and it seems exactly what I’m looking for but it’s not available in Ireland.
    Is there anything similar ? I’d be interested in hearing how other parents bring medication etc safely out with them
    Tia

https://m.facebook.com/junochildsafe/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Put it out of reach?if your in the car put itin the boot?i think your being a bit paranoid.most medicines these days have child proof caps. particularly the ones you'll be using.calpol nureofen etc
    I dont think there's a need for a child proof bag.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

If you really want to do this, Just get a lunch bag with a double zipper and put a small lock on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭maxsmum

All these have childproof caps. If you are distracted long enough that they have gotten that off and ingested a bottle of Calpol, no locked bag is going to save you! Don't worry about things like this, honestly. Keep medicines and washing detergents etc up high at home and you'll be fine. Out and about is full of potential hazards that you'd never be able to prepare for if you thought about all the 'what ifs'...

Advertisement