Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just saw a charge of €30 for overdraft facility for an overdraft that took 2 weeks to

Options
  • 21-02-2019 9:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭

I just saw my account has been debited by €30 for this facility fee. I applied for the overdraft on the basis that it took a maximum of 5 days to be approved as per their website and in line with what I was told by the guy on the phone. I didn't get it approved until 10 days later by which time I no longer needed it.

And now they have charged me €30 for something that they didn't even provide me on time and will not be used. I want to cancel this overdraft and get a refund for this charge. €30 charge is ridiculous if it's never used.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

MTBD wrote: »
    I just saw my account has been debited by €30 for this facility fee. I applied for the overdraft on the basis that it took a maximum of 5 days to be approved as per their website and in line with what I was told by the guy on the phone. I didn't get it approved until 10 days later by which time I no longer needed it.

And now they have charged me €30 for something that they didn't even provide me on time and will not be used. I want to cancel this overdraft and get a refund for this charge. €30 charge is ridiculous if it's never used.
    Hi MTBD,

Thanks for the message. 
    The €30 fee would be an annual fee for having an overdraft facility available on your account. You can request the overdraft to be removed from your account through the "Ask a question" section within the "Service Desk" tab of your 365 online profile the advisers there will be happy to do this for you. 
    If you would like to dispute the charge that has already come out of your account I'd ask you to raise this as an official complaint and our advisers there will be able to investigate into this for you. I've given a link here that shows how you can raise an official complaint. 

Thanks again, 
    Darren. 

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭MTBD

Hi MTBD,

Thanks for the message. 
    The €30 fee would be an annual fee for having an overdraft facility available on your account. You can request the overdraft to be removed from your account through the "Ask a question" section within the "Service Desk" tab of your 365 online profile the advisers there will be happy to do this for you. 
    If you would like to dispute the charge that has already come out of your account I'd ask you to raise this as an official complaint and our advisers there will be able to investigate into this for you. I've given a link here that shows how you can raise an official complaint. 

Thanks again, 
    Darren. 
    I tried that. I was on hold for 25 mins with no answer. Do you not have an email address?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Hi MTBD,

Thanks for the message. 

Thanks again, 
    Darren. 
    I tried that. I was on hold for 25 mins with no answer. Do you not have an email address?

Thanks for getting back to me. There would not be an email address for this department. If you cannot call there is also a postal address within the link given and they can accept an official complaint in this way as well.
    Thanks again,
    Darren.

Advertisement