Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cancelling and UAN number

• 21-02-2019 9:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭

I am in the process of having my account with Eir cancelled (approx 2 weeks left until the line is let go). I started conversing with another provider and they said that the UAN which is at the top of my bill indicates that Eir have combined my phone and broadband line into one (i.e. a virtual one) and because of this they are unable to look after the usual switch over to them. Apparently I need to wait until the line is completely let go from eir and then wait one-two weeks and to get in contact with them so they can take it over. Firstly, is this true and secondly if true, why would Eir do this and make it so difficult for customers to move?

Then yesterday on the phone after waiting for 40 mins I finally got through to a customer service agent and she said that that the UAN on my bill is not my actual UAN number and when I asked her to give me the proper one she said she couldn’t do it, only cancellations dept could and she couldn’t transfer me straight to them...I’d need to go back to the back of the queue. Seriously...?

Can you give me my UAN number so that I can hopefully start the process of moving across? She told me I should mention that I am a VOBB customer.

BTW, I was never informed up front that my voice and broadband line would be combined like this when I started with Eir

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

I am in the process of having my account with Eir cancelled (approx 2 weeks left until the line is let go). I started conversing with another provider and they said that the UAN which is at the top of my bill indicates that Eir have combined my phone and broadband line into one (i.e. a virtual one) and because of this they are unable to look after the usual switch over to them. Apparently I need to wait until the line is completely let go from eir and then wait one-two weeks and to get in contact with them so they can take it over. Firstly, is this true and secondly if true, why would Eir do this and make it so difficult for customers to move?

Then yesterday on the phone after waiting for 40 mins I finally got through to a customer service agent and she said that that the UAN on my bill is not my actual UAN number and when I asked her to give me the proper one she said she couldn’t do it, only cancellations dept could and she couldn’t transfer me straight to them...I’d need to go back to the back of the queue. Seriously...?

Can you give me my UAN number so that I can hopefully start the process of moving across? She told me I should mention that I am a VOBB customer.

BTW, I was never informed up front that my voice and broadband line would be combined like this when I started with Eir
    Hi splashthecash

We are unable to cancel accounts through our Social Media channels.  You would need to phone our loyalty team on 1901 to ask for your UAN number for both the BB and the VOBB.  We are aware of the long call waiting times and we are taking steps to deal with this issue.  We apologise for any inconvenience this has caused you.

Many thanks

~Linzi 

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭inocybe

Hi, did you get anywhere with this? I am having the same problem, Eir won't give me my UAN number, and my account number seems to have been made up by someone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

inocybe wrote: »

Hi, did you get anywhere with this? I am having the same problem, Eir won't give me my UAN number, and my account number seems to have been made up by someone.
    Hi inocybe

Your account number is not made up, it just wasn't paired up with your myeir.  The account number has now been added to your myeir account and you can now view your bills online. 

Thanks

Linzi

Advertisement