Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

visa debit card

Options
  • 21-02-2019 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I am from Ireland and bank with yourselves.
    I am purchasing a car in the uk from a car dealer
    what fees will I be charged if I need to pay 18000gbp using my visa debit card?
    Also, How do I find out the cost of paying 18000gbp ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭maxsmum

Get a Revolut card

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Hi
    I am from Ireland and bank with yourselves.
    I am purchasing a car in the uk from a car dealer
    what fees will I be charged if I need to pay 18000gbp using my visa debit card?
    Also, How do I find out the cost of paying 18000gbp ?
    Hi there, 

Thanks for the question. 
    There would be a charge of 2% of the transaction amount when using a Visa Debit card in a different currency, but the maximum amount of that can be charged for any one transaction is €11.43. So no matter how much the transaction is for you will not be charged more than €11.43. 

Thanks again, 
    Darren. 

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭severeoversteer

Hi there, 

Thanks for the question. 
    There would be a charge of 2% of the transaction amount when using a Visa Debit card in a different currency, but the maximum amount of that can be charged for any one transaction is €11.43. So no matter how much the transaction is for you will not be charged more than €11.43. 

Thanks again, 
    Darren. 

Thanks.
    So how would i find out the visa debit exchange rate at any given time? For GBP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Hi there, 

Thanks for the question. 

Thanks again, 
    Darren. 

Thanks.
    So how would i find out the visa debit exchange rate at any given time? For GBP
    The rate for the transaction for the transaction would for the day the transaction is fully processed and may be a few days after the transaction takes place. So the rate shown on your account for this transaction before it is fully processed would be estimated. You can check our exchange rates each day here.
    Thanks again, 
    Darren.  

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

• Advertisement
Advertisement