Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non-Resident Account Notary

Options
  • 21-02-2019 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Hey guys

A few questions in regards to opening a non-resident account:
    • Does the certifying notary for my passport and proof of address need to be practicing in/from Ireland for opening a non-resident account. Or, can they be from Northern Ireland?

• Also, are certifying notaries strictly limited to Police Officers and Solicitors? Or, say, could this be my Doctor?
    [*]

Thanks!

FD

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Hey guys

A few questions in regards to opening a non-resident account:
    • Does the certifying notary for my passport and proof of address need to be practicing in/from Ireland for opening a non-resident account. Or, can they be from Northern Ireland?

• Also, are certifying notaries strictly limited to Police Officers and Solicitors? Or, say, could this be my Doctor?

[*]

Thanks!

FD
    [*]
    Hi FD,

Thanks for the question.

The notary does not need to be based within the Republic of Ireland. It would have to be a police officer or a solicitor, we can't accept a doctor as a notary.
    Thanks again, 
    Darren. 

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Fooddestroyer

Thanks Darren.

Advertisement