Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why wont Eir respond to my letters and complaints to close my account?

• 21-02-2019 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I was out of contract October 2018 for mobile and broadband. I sent in a letter for 30 days notice to cancel the contract. I received no response. I switched providers and paid my final bill with Eir even though I was no longer using the service.
    I am still being billed today for broadband that I no longer use I am no longer in contract with and I have cancelled twice via letter in the post after MANY failed attempts to speak to "customer care".

I have had no reply to any letter. I lodged a formal complaint via Eir website last week and I have still not yet had any response.

This has to be the most frustrating company to deal with. I have spoke with many representatives via phone (ridiculous wait times), retail store assistants, webchat, email, sent letters and facebook messenger and this is still an open account racking up charges for something that is not being used and was out of contract and it should be closed. 
    What am I meant to do to get Eir to listen and do what they are supposed to do.

Who protects consumers from this type of appalling behaviour?
    What d I need to do in order for Eir to close down an account that is no longer in use and has been out of contract for 17 weeks?

Sorry for the rant but I am so sick of this company.
    Hopefully someone can help cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

I was out of contract October 2018 for mobile and broadband. I sent in a letter for 30 days notice to cancel the contract. I received no response. I switched providers and paid my final bill with Eir even though I was no longer using the service.
    I am still being billed today for broadband that I no longer use I am no longer in contract with and I have cancelled twice via letter in the post after MANY failed attempts to speak to "customer care".

I have had no reply to any letter. I lodged a formal complaint via Eir website last week and I have still not yet had any response.

This has to be the most frustrating company to deal with. I have spoke with many representatives via phone (ridiculous wait times), retail store assistants, webchat, email, sent letters and facebook messenger and this is still an open account racking up charges for something that is not being used and was out of contract and it should be closed. 

What d I need to do in order for Eir to close down an account that is no longer in use and has been out of contract for 17 weeks?

Hi TwirlsnSwirls

Can you pm me your old account details please and I will look into this for you.

1) Account number
    2) Account name
    3) Are you the account holder?
    4) Your DOB
    5) 1st line of address

Many thanks

Linzi

• Registered Users Posts: 7 TwirlsnSwirls

I have sent a PM with the requested information. Hope to have this sorted out. Not very hopeful as I have already sent this information via messenger a few days ago and here we are......

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Deeclif75

I have sent a PM with the requested information. Hope to have this sorted out. Not very hopeful as I have already sent this information via messenger a few days ago and here we are......

I'm in same situation, gave 30 day written notice(twice) hours trying to contact customer service, webchats, written requests etc all being ignored. Got onto Comreg who said i have to go through Eir's complaint procedure first so advised me to email ccm@eir and if they don't respond in 10 working days they will escalate the complaint directly themselves. Shocking customer service.

Hi TwirlsnSwirls

I received your pm and I am looking into this for you.

Thanks

Linzi 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

Deeclif75 wrote: »

I'm in same situation, gave 30 day written notice(twice) hours trying to contact customer service, webchats, written requests etc all being ignored. Got onto Comreg who said i have to go through Eir's complaint procedure first so advised me to email ccm@eir and if they don't respond in 10 working days they will escalate the complaint directly themselves. Shocking customer service.
    Hi Deecliff75, 

Sorry to hear you have not received a response. 

Could you PM the following details and I can check if your complaint was received? 
    1. Registered Name
    2. Registered Address
    3. Account Number
    4. DOB
    5. Are you the Account Holder? 
    6. What address did you send the letters to and when were they sent? 

As soon as I get this information I will be able to investigate. 

Grainne

• Advertisement

@Deeclif75 ;
    [font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Its appalling TBH when I came out of contract I tried to contact them to get an upgrade on my mobile and stay with them! Ha so glad I didn't and the reason I decided to leave is because I could not get an answer about staying with them it was so headwrecking waiting for over an hour on the phone I got nowhere. Hence I left and went with Virgin media.....and now this they still don't get the picture. I am fed up telling them by all means of communication and they are still billing me for something I no longer even use. [/font]
    [font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Its shocking hopefully you can get this sorted too.[/font]

[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]If this isn't sorted soon I will get in touch with Comreg thanks and good luck with getting your own situation fixed [/font]

eir: Linzi wrote: »

Hi TwirlsnSwirls

Thanks

Linzi 
    Thanks Linzi looking forward to getting this sorted out soon 

eir: Linzi wrote: »

Hi TwirlsnSwirls

Thanks

Linzi 
    Thanks Linzi looking forward to getting this sorted out soon 
    I have just sent you a pm.

Thanks

Linzi

Thank you to Linzi my account has finally closed. Thanks for the help :)
    @Deeclif75 I hope you get sorted too :)

Thank you to Linzi my account has finally closed. Thanks for the help :)
    @Deeclif75 I hope you get sorted too :)
    Your're welcome 

Thanks
    Linzi

• Advertisement
Advertisement