Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's on again!! Kejelcha to go after El G's indoor mile World Record on March 3rd

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭El CabaIIo

Itziger wrote: »
    I was taken with how close (relatively speaking) the other, yes white, guys were........

EDIT: 2.96 secs is fairly big I guess!!

Johnny Gregorek ran some race, just behind Bernard Lagats American record record, Lagat is the second fastest 1500m runner outdoors in history so a huge result for gregorek.. I might be wrong but I think that makes the Gregoreks the fastest father/son milers in history. His father ran 3:51 in the 80's.

Videos of the race are getting taken down the whole time. Here's a really cool video of the last few weeks of Kejelchas prep for the records.

and here's a fan video of the race

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,600 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Granted, indoor is not as prestigious or as "valued" as outdoor, but these records are monumental happenings in world sport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Itziger

El CabaIIo wrote: »
    Johnny Gregorek ran some race, just behind Bernard Lagats American record record, Lagat is the second fastest 1500m runner outdoors in history so a huge result for gregorek.. I might be wrong but I think that makes the Gregoreks the fastest father/son milers in history. His father ran 3:51 in the 80's.

Videos of the race are getting taken down the whole time. Here's a really cool video of the last few weeks of Kejelchas prep for the records.

and here's a fan video of the race

Love seeing the top top lads doing workouts. Almost more interesting than races. Maybe it's the puking into bins at the end :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

He gets a good run into the reps , always felt like I was kinda cheating if I took that much of a run up, deffo stealing that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,600 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Very clear video of the mile run with splits

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLR2nnbD7dE

• Advertisement
Advertisement