Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Phishing

• 21-02-2019 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭

Hi,
    I recently received a call from someone from Eircom to inform me that my broadband was going to be disconnected. I sensed it was a phising call so I said I would call back. They said you want to verify that this is a valid call, the number is 1901.

My search online is saying this is a scam?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Mebuntu

Ande1975 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I recently received a call from someone from Eircom to inform me that my broadband was going to be disconnected. I sensed it was a phising call so I said I would call back. They said you want to verify that this is a valid call, the number is 1901.

Scam. I had one (as have at least 4 friends) - a woman with a very cultured voice pretending to be from Eir. Sounded like a pre-recorded message to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

Hi,

Mebuntu wrote: »
    Hi,

Scam. I had one (as have at least 4 friends) - a woman with a very cultured voice pretending to be from Eir. Sounded like a pre-recorded message to me.
    Hi Ande1975 and @ Mebuntu, 

This is a scam call. Eir would not call customers in regard to this. 

You can find more information on this here

Thanks, 
    Grainne

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭1874

Youre damn right Eir wouldnt contact you, bloody near impossible to get through to them Id say from reading threads around here,

Advertisement