Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online transfer to incorrect person saved into my recipient list

Options
  • 21-02-2019 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I like to ask a question i thought you could help me how i can proceed with that[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]few days ago, using online transfer by mistake i transferred 500€ to one friend which i supposed to transfer someone else, both names look similar and saved in my recipient list, i realised after transfer and I called bank and told them the same, the lady said she will call back that it might take up to 10 working days because they will contact the recipient, I said ok, but the thing is the guy who i transferred to was left the country years ago and he is not in Ireland any more, so they never able to contact him she said it's policy they should follow so i said ok[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]when I called few times last week they are saying they try to contact recipient when i asked what if the recipient not in the country how you going to contact, they said it's upto the branch they can hold that money, it doesn't make any sense[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Can you please advise how can i get back my money?[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Thanks in advance[/font]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

VicRam wrote: »
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I like to ask a question i thought you could help me how i can proceed with that[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]few days ago, using online transfer by mistake i transferred 500€ to one friend which i supposed to transfer someone else, both names look similar and saved in my recipient list, i realised after transfer and I called bank and told them the same, the lady said she will call back that it might take up to 10 working days because they will contact the recipient, I said ok, but the thing is the guy who i transferred to was left the country years ago and he is not in Ireland any more, so they never able to contact him she said it's policy they should follow so i said ok[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]when I called few times last week they are saying they try to contact recipient when i asked what if the recipient not in the country how you going to contact, they said it's upto the branch they can hold that money, it doesn't make any sense[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Can you please advise how can i get back my money?[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Thanks in advance[/font]

Hi VicRam,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.
    I'd ask you to raise this through the "Ask a question" section within the "Service Desk" tab of your 365 online profile and the advisers there will be more than happy to check the transaction and attempt a recall on it.
    Thanks again,
    Darren.

Advertisement