Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&C

Options
  • 21-02-2019 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

I had a scan today. I would have been 10 weeks today. There is no heartbeat and growth stopped at 8 weeks. She told me to go to EPU but said I would be better waiting to Monday to give myself time to adjust and as they would probably try to push me in for a D&C. Part of me just wants to get it over with. Has anyone been thru this? Should i go tmro or wait til Monday.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Sorry to hear of your loss Carrie. I can't speak directly of your experience but I suppose, it's up to you to decide how you feel emotionally.I have had a D&C if that helps, although not in a miscarriage situation-it was to remove retained placenta.The procedure itself is quite quick under general anaesthetic and you are well looked after.If it helps.If you want to go in and get it over with, that is ok.I know someone who was in a similar situation and she chose to take a couple of days but I know others who go straight in and either take medication or go for the procedure.It's your body, and there is no prescribed way for you to deal with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

I got a d&c on my third miscarriage. Definitely the easier option. Very quick and recovery was fast and easy. They may not offer it to you straight away. The may offer pills I think first and then you wait. My cousin was waiting 3 weeks before the pills worked and then it was 10 days of heavy bleeding and she was petty broken by the whole experience so if they offer the d&c id take it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Admittedly I have to second this....know of someone who had a similar experience over a longer period, and ended up having the d&c anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Is that the first scan? In my experience they insisted on waiting 4-5 days before they would scan again to be sure. That might have changed with the new legislation though. In the meantime it sorted itself out. I’m so sorry for your los

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭CarrieDzzz

Thanks for your responses.

It was my first scan, first pregnancy. :(

I decided to wait it out to Monday. Hoping Nature takes its course. Physically I don't feel any different.

• Advertisement
Advertisement