Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have Aer Lingus changed their seating policy?

Options
  • 22-02-2019 9:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,742 ✭✭✭

I'm slightly confused by an email I have just received from Aer Lingus.

I'm due to fly out next Thursday and the email offered me the option of selecting a seat. In the email, it mentioned that this option was only available up to 48 hours before the flight.

I thought that you could select seats for free once you were within 30 hours of the flight. The way the system has always worked in the past was that they suggest seats, but allow you to change these for other seats (subject to a fee if you opt for premium seats).

Has this now changed? Are they going to randomly allocate seats in the same manner as Ryanair with no option to change unless you are prepared to pay extra?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Homer

As far as I know, if you don't select a seat prior to arrival at the airport you will be assigned or asked to choose a seat when you check in at the airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,742 ✭✭✭abff

Homer wrote: »
    As far as I know, if you don't select a seat prior to arrival at the airport you will be assigned or asked to choose a seat when you check in at the airport.

Thanks Homer

But I'm planning to check in online as soon as I reach the 30 hour window. What I'm wondering is whether this has changed in some way.

Actually, I found this on their website which appears to suggest no change in policy. Not sure why 48 hours was mentioned in their email. https://www.aerlingus.com/travel-information/check-in-options/online/#/tab-0-check-in-times-and-availability

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭LeakRate

They're reminding you that you can still buy a seat before the flight;)
    Then you can choose one free as normal in the 30hr window

LeakRate wrote: »
    They're reminding you that you can still buy a seat before the flight;)
    Then you can choose one free as normal in the 30hr window

That's what I figured. It was the reference to 48 hours that threw me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement