Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transferred money to closed account

• 22-02-2019 11:28am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭

I pay my rent weekly, and my landlord contacted me last week to say he had changed the bank account which was fine, but I had already paid the rent for that week. He said that would bounce back, so I paid him two weeks this week expecting the payment from last week to come back.

How long should it take to come back? It's now eight working days since the payment went through and I think if it's not back by next Monday or Tuesday that the account isn't really closed?

Any ideas? Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭notharrypotter

Lux23 wrote: »
    I pay my rent weekly, and my landlord contacted me last week to say he had changed the bank account.
    but I had already paid the rent for that week. He said that would bounce back,

If the account was still open when you sent the money then it would not bounce back as the destination account s a valid account.

How long should it take to come back?
    I sent money once to a closed account and it was back immediately, same bank. I would expect close of business next day if other Irish bank.

Any ideas? Thank you.
    Contact your landlord explain the above and ask them to check the closed account transaction list for the relevant date(s) allowing for any usual transaction delay based on historical transactions from you.

Advertisement