Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 local/EU elections

Options
  • 22-02-2019 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭

Is there a space for us to discuss the upcoming elections this year? If not maybe we could use this thread as a platform.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Gardner

is there a list of candidates available yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Gardner wrote: »
    is there a list of candidates available yet?

Don't think so, Sinn Féin have released their full list of candidates however

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Is there a space for us to discuss the upcoming elections this year? If not maybe we could use this thread as a platform.

I was thinking about starting a thread as we're just over three months out.

Looking forward to this because it'll likely be a dry run for the general election.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Sinn Féin is standing 11 candidates in the local elections in May with Michael Doyle, Pat Fitzgerald, Louise Brierley, Jim Griffin, Leslie Hughes, Declan Clune, Warren Fitzgerald, Breda Brennan, John Hearne, Siobhán Whelan, Conor D. McGuinness and Liadh Ní Riada as our EU candidate. Why not get involved and help Sinn Féin become the largest party on Waterford City and County.

From Waterford Sinn Fein Facebook page. I'll find other candidates

• Registered Users Posts: 29,387 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Unfortunately, like most elections, there probably won't be many candidates I truly agree with, but at least we ll have some sort of say in them, diem25 is the only European group I can say have my backing, but unfortunately I don't think they'll have any Irish candidates

• Advertisement
Advertisement