Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Improving wifi coverage with a 2nd modem... Advice

• 22-02-2019 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

HI,

Looking for advice improving my wifi coverage. I've tried power line adapters but I found them inconsistent.

So I am planning on setting up a 2nd modem (another Eir f200 modem). I already have the second modem and have a CAT 6 ethernet cable wired through the house to where I want the 2nd modem to be placed.

So Im looking for advice on how to set it up and the settings I should use. My current provider is Eir and my current package is fibre to the home (FTTH) with 250mb/s speed.

I’d usually consider myself tech savvy but tbh I don’t know much about networks.

TIA.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

SullieN wrote: »
    HI,

Looking for advice improving my wifi coverage. I've tried power line adapters but I found them inconsistent.

So I am planning on setting up a 2nd modem (another Eir f200 modem). I already have the second modem and have a CAT 6 ethernet cable wired through the house to where I want the 2nd modem to be placed.

So Im looking for advice on how to set it up and the settings I should use. My current provider is Eir and my current package is fibre to the home (FTTH) with 250mb/s speed.

I’d usually consider myself tech savvy but tbh I don’t know much about networks.

TIA.

Follow this guide.

https://editorsean.com/articles/configure-unused-eir-f2000-router-wi-fi-access-point/

• Registered Users Posts: 23 SullieN

Follow this guide.

That seems to be what I'm looking for thanks Raphael Big Tinfoil!

It'll be over the next couple of days when I get round to doing it and I'll report back when it's done or if I've any problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 SullieN

Just want to give an update. I set up the second router yesterday, only took about 20 mins as I had the ethernet cable already set up. I followed the instructions from that link and everything worked as it should. Now have full wifi coverage throughout the house.

Thanks again Navi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

SullieN wrote: »
    Just want to give an update. I set up the second router yesterday, only took about 20 mins as I had the ethernet cable already set up. I followed the instructions from that link and everything worked as it should. Now have full wifi coverage throughout the house.

Thanks again Navi.

Good to hear you got sorted. Thanks to Sean also for the excellent instructions. I know he used to post here although I'm not sure if he still does.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 atlyginimas

Will do the job access point WiFi. Some of them are powered over LAN and compact size. Suitable fit on wall or best way on ceiling. I’m have no messy dust collection boxes behind tv in siting room or corridor.
    Modem in attic and WiFi access points on ceilings.

• Advertisement
Advertisement