Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 27 Match day thread

1131415161719»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

45 all out. Will take that and run, Bamba and McArthur the unlikely heroes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Fpld have the top 10k net average at 39.8 so good week to have a bad week basically!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Somehow ended up on 48. Kolasinac instead of Pereira worked a treat as my transfer in.

Alisson and Robertson double CS made up a bit for that Liverpool sh1teshow.

Still lost 15 points on my ML leader though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Gonna finish on 52, no hits, Rondon the hero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,427 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

66, sees me gain 38 pts on mini league leader

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭The Megaphone

35pts (-8)

Need Auba to repay my faith in the next one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

60 points. Delighted with that. Largely from three players - captain Rondon, Deeney and Robertson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Up to 21K O.R. Highest rank since gw9. Delighted with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Has anyone else's season just stalled? I've been ranging between the 10k and 30k mark since gw8 and just seem to be ambling along doing little right or wrong.

Can't ever remember being so bored with fpl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

km79 wrote: »
    There is nothing more certain than Jamie vardy scoring next couple of games now

Vardy's record directly after Ranieri sacking:

6 goals and 2 assists in 7 games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Vardy's record directly after Ranieri sacking:

6 goals and 2 assists in 7 games

Yeah I’m getting him
    Double Leicster
    Going against everything I said yday
    But new manager bounce and fixtures is hard to ignore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

50 = HEWT

Transferred in Antonio and handed him the captains armband straight away. A few of the players were giving him funny looks but they saw the managers logic in the end.

Hopefully I've steadied the mood in the changing room now and we can kick on after 3 bad weeks in a row.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

km79 wrote: »
    Yeah I’m getting him
    Double Leicster
    Going against everything I said yday
    But new manager bounce and fixtures is hard to ignore

Got him in for Rashford and captained him. Rashford dropping like a stone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,283 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

65 (no hits) - Alright for 10 men. Robbo, Jiminez, Deulofeu and Capt. Laca the contributors. Would have been better if I stuck with my original plan of bringing in Rondon instead of over- analysing

However - HEWT :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

gammygils wrote: »
    65 (no hits) - Alright for 10 men. Robbo, Jiminez, Deulofeu and Capt. Laca the contributors. Would have been better if I stuck with my original plan of bringing in Rondon instead of over- analysing

However - HEWT :D
    Get out of here you with your 65 LOL
    You must have for a huge jump in OR

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

A 9K bump to 41K. A green arrow after a run of 6 reds which had seen me drop from 5K to 50K

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Back up to 47K after a few weeks fluting about around 70K.

Watching MOTD now (kids, missus and myself all sick with flu)...a couple of observations

- Salah looked AWFUL, wonder if Klopp might rest him for Watford, although with Firmino injured that's unlikely.
    - Arsenal keeping a clean sheet was a genuine modern day miracle
    - I had been relieved but slightly underwhelmed by Captain Lacazettes return but his goal looked offside
    - Having said that he could have easily had 2 more and both would have been Kola assists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

1.38M
    1.12M

HEWThose 4 green arrows. Another few decent weeks please.

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    Has anyone else's season just stalled? I've been ranging between the 10k and 30k mark since gw8 and just seem to be ambling along doing little right or wrong.

I was going to post the exact same thing last week, I’m sick of it. I’ve been floating between 140-100k, one good week followed by three bad.
    Good week just gone but I’m sure I’ll slip those places again.
    Not enjoying it at all this year
    Meh

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Something was posted a few weeks back about a good start being essential and that a bad week or two will not necessarily see you plummet down the rankings.

Would you rather hang on to 50k overall or play riskier and go for 5k OR with the knowledge to say if it goes wrong you could end up 100k OR?

From GW7 I was flip flop from 50k OR to 30K OR with like you say 1,2 weeks good a followed by 1,2 weeks bad.
    I benefited massively from the City DGW and jumped to 10K from 30k. This GW I had a feable 37 but only fell 1.5k to 11.5k OR.

I think we are at the stage now where more risks are required. All week I contemplated a hit but never pulled on about 3/4 options. Either one would have seen me rise to 8k OR. I think now is the time to start looking at differentials and it really will be a case of high reward.
    if everyone is transferring in the same and captaining the same then it is a better time to take a punt as more reward than risk I feel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

35 (-4)

I need a hero, I'm holding out for a hero....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Lol.

was on 400 OR before yesterday's games, and dropped to 600, despite nobody really doing anything that could hurt me too much. especially Auba.

lots of bench shousery going on I reckon :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Thepoet85 wrote: »

That's a decent rank. Manage the BGWs / DGWs well and you could well be in the top 10k. I would say if you're staying up there you're mostly doing stuff right. Finishing around 20k - 30k used to be around par for a good player and you might be a bit underwhelmed, now I would argue it's a very good finish.

But yeah I've been unable to get out of the the 150k range for a while now. Awful start, climbed my way back up to a respectable-ish position but haven't managed to move on. Still fully expect to finish inside top 100k and hopeful for top 50k once all the chips are used. Mostly want to win the MLs though, OR I've never really cared about too much except last year when I had a freakish good season

There are a lot more players now, we're over 6m for the season, its a lot harder to do well and theres a lot more info around,any number of podcasts for people to get info from
    This was my first week being inside the top 100k for the week, usually you'd have expected 5/6 at this stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Green&Red wrote: »
    There are a lot more players now, we're over 6m for the season, its a lot harder to do well and theres a lot more info around,any number of podcasts for people to get info from
    This was my first week being inside the top 100k for the week, usually you'd have expected 5/6 at this stage

Is that how many started in GW1?

Edit: Decided to be less lazy and see for myself.

About 4,530,000 players started GW1.

Another 550,000 joined GW2

Another 210,000 again GW3.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

29 (-4). Worst score in I dont know how long.

Down to 43k overall. I'd made decent ground recently. Totally deflated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I take the amount of teams that started gw1 then roughly half that to consider how many serious players I'm up against

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

keano_afc wrote: »

Chin up mate. It's the perfect week to have your lowest score.

31 for me. OR 207k

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Amazing what colour arrow can do for mindset, 3 greens in a row and a rise to 90k and feeling good for the run in, but seeing posters in the top 40k being deflated...., you're in the top 1% mate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

keano_afc wrote: »

ah here, I think most of us woould love to be in your position! Hovering around 200-220k for weeks now!

Advertisement